Gallery

RT-2PM2 Topol-M

Posted by WarGameGOD on 12 Mar 2017, 22:20

Hey fellow war gamers and miniature collectors alike! This is my very first post on Benno's and I want to give you guys a sneak peak of a model I have coming up for my website :-D . You get to see it before those at my website do! So I bought this 4D puzzle model on Ebay a couple months back and finally got it together. It took about 3 hours of work including snack breaks so I would say it is on the more simpler side. Being a 4D Puzzle model it required no glue (well a very little in all reality) and just consisted of snap together pieces which is kind of why I bought it in the first place.

These are photos of what the model looked like after initial assembly. A bit plain jane in my opinion so I decided to spruce her up...

After some internet searching on this system I choose this paint scheme.

So I am proud of the result and I hope you all enjoyed it as well, I will probably set this as the main objective in my upcoming after action series which will also include many other surprises. And just a quick question. Where would the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces deploy such a weapon system? Would they ever move it closer to the frontlines for greater access to vital enemy targets or would they keep them deep in Siberia?
WarGameGOD  United States of America

Posted by Hellboy on 13 Mar 2017, 11:05

A very nice work from you! :yeah: The model is already by its size an eye-catcher! I like the camouflage scheme very well. :-D

To your question, where these missiles are used. The Topol-M rocket has a range of 11,000 km. It is a first strike weapon. Currently the mobile Topol-M Intercontinental missiles are stationed in Teikovo and Tatishchevo. Thus, the deployment of such weapons is planned far from the front. As far as my information.

More at:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topol-M (DE)
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teikowo (DE)

I am sorry that I have to refer to the German Wiki pages. Unfortunately I could not find the important information on the English pages.

A template for an interesting diorama would be the following Picture. It looks like 'post apocalyptic'. Possibly an exciting topic.:

Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 13 Mar 2017, 20:16

You have done a nice paint scheme on this vehicle. And the weathering look very good too.
The most I like are all the figure. Here in a figure forum. :mrgreen:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by WarGameGOD on 14 Mar 2017, 20:47

+Hellboy Thanks for the info. I may have to change up the scenario in which I use it then. Maybe a Navy Seal seek and destroy mission or something of the sorts, though I wonder how Western militaries would deal with such mobile missiles... Well I can always pretend!

+Wiking Yeah I kind of realized that... I was just gung-ho on showing this bad boy off. I wish I could post some crew figures along with it but I have yet to find modern Russian vehicle crews. But no worries folks, I will include figures in all future posts!
WarGameGOD  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 01 May 2017, 20:22

Thanks for joining the forum Jason, and this is a real big boy to start with! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery