Gallery

Russian Hussars

Posted by matgc on 21 Feb 2017, 12:55

matgc  Brazil

Posted by Kekso on 21 Feb 2017, 14:38

One of best plastic sets in 1/72 from Napoleonic era. And you did excellent job on them. Crisp, bright and sharp photos show it all.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Marvin on 21 Feb 2017, 19:42

Another excellent regiment from you with classy figures from Zvezda. :thumbup: As Kekso said - lovely photography too. I like to see cavalry regiments in unusual colours like these. I painted the 1st Silesian Hussars just because I liked the idea of seeing Napoleonic hussars in brown.

Actually, would you believe these were going to be my next regiment in my ongoing Napoleonic cavalry project... but we won't be doubling up our figures in the gallery once again as it will be a while before I get around to painting them!

But when I do - do you happen to know a good site or source that provides uniform details on the Russian hussar regiments? I can always do the research myself of course but if you found a good one, I'd love to know. I promise I'll choose a different regiment to yours! :-D
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Rosbif on 22 Feb 2017, 04:18

Simply beautiful! :love: :yeah:
Rosbif  Australia

Posted by C M Dodson on 22 Feb 2017, 09:09

Fantastic painting skills on these lovely figures.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Cryns on 22 Feb 2017, 11:28

Matgc you are making the best painted 1/72 Napoleonic armies I have ever seen in my life. Even the leather straps of the horses have dark grey highlights. And the bases are decorated great too! :-D

:notworthy:
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by matgc on 22 Feb 2017, 12:57

Marvin wrote:Another excellent regiment from you with classy figures from Zvezda. :thumbup: As Kekso said - lovely photography too. I like to see cavalry regiments in unusual colours like these. I painted the 1st Silesian Hussars just because I liked the idea of seeing Napoleonic hussars in brown.

Actually, would you believe these were going to be my next regiment in my ongoing Napoleonic cavalry project... but we won't be doubling up our figures in the gallery once again as it will be a while before I get around to painting them!

But when I do - do you happen to know a good site or source that provides uniform details on the Russian hussar regiments? I can always do the research myself of course but if you found a good one, I'd love to know. I promise I'll choose a different regiment to yours! :-D

Marvin, my good web-friend Peter runs a blog on napoleonic wargaming, and he has come up with an index of uniform guides, which you can find here:

http://blundersonthedanube.blogspot.com ... uides.html

It's very very useful, he's a dedicated study of the nuances of unifoms of that era.

Interesting fact: he once told me I was to blame for this uniform index on his blog. I was constantly asking him about details on units I was painting, so he devised this index to make it easier for me and anyone else to go looking around for posts on each specific unit on his blog (!).

There you'll find a thorough reference of russian hussars colors, and if you end up deciding the Akhtyrsk is the one you like most (might well be, they are gorgeous indeed), then go for it, by no means let mine keep you from doing a unit of these guys yourself, I'm sure yours will look outstanding, and I'd definitely be interested in seeing your take on the same subject!
matgc  Brazil

Posted by despertaferro on 22 Feb 2017, 13:52

Highly detailed and beautiful painting!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
despertaferro  

Posted by Kekso on 22 Feb 2017, 14:50

Many thanks for that link magtc. I think it will be very useful :occasion: ;)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 22 Feb 2017, 20:01

:shock: Marvellous painted hussars! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Marvin on 22 Feb 2017, 20:13

Thanks @matgc, that's really useful! So many colours to choose from... :mrgreen:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by sansovino on 22 Feb 2017, 20:39

Only one word: wonderful impressive!
sansovino  Germany

Return to Gallery