Gallery

1/72 space guy

Posted by Carlos on 18 Jan 2017, 15:45

Yes...Is allways the same coin... :(
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Carlos on 18 Jan 2017, 15:50

And do not ask me what is looking at that guy ... maybe watching a creature that emerges from the depths of the sea or try to impress some girls who sunbath on the beach of a hotel a few meters from there.
That's what I leave to your imagination...
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Susofrick on 18 Jan 2017, 16:15

Saw this on facebook and totally fell in love! Well, not with him, but the idea! Great work again and that word IS addictive!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 18 Jan 2017, 17:45

Wonderful vignette! :thumbup:
I incidentally also like spacecraft now except spacebot and spacedog! :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Jan 2017, 17:55

What a pleasing wave of delight he travels over. :thumbup:
:read: "Number 9 is very fine!"
:sst: "perhaps it`s Gonzalo Higuarin`s shirt number ? " asked the little shy button,
:coffee: I admire the work Carlos.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Wiking on 18 Jan 2017, 18:22

I like what you have done with a few old parts to create this vehicle. :yeah:
Also this simple but effective two color style.
This all reminds me a little bit of an scooter at a fair.

But it is not a good example for driving school. Not a single hand touch the steering of this red green vehicle that is in away of motion. :mrgreen:

Small but nicely done Carlos.
:-D
Wiking  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Carlos on 18 Jan 2017, 19:15

Nice you like it, I made it for fun and fun is that we have. Wats is the important.
Abouth the "space scooter" well, I knew a modeler who said that the trash when it was well glued and painted looked good :mrgreen:

And Beano...
If I had remembered that 9 was the number of Pipita, I WOULD HAVE BEEN USED ANOTHER NUMBER !!
That abouth is famous penalty mistake in a final. Is in spanish but yu will understend for sure.

"possibilities for Higuain miss a Penalty", enjoy

But if this were the old "9" argentinian style it could be.
"Old school tricker" number 9 style Batistuta, vs New "I went for the euros very young and I didnt learn the tricks" number 9 style Higuain...

Old images are the Bati, new images Pipita, note the diference

One of this days, the argentinian team will recover their style "gambeta" (
between the opponent's legs, short and close and fast game, is the "tango dancing way") and loose or win, we will enjoy the game again...but certainly Pipita will be not there, these "open game & atletic" style is not our. Brazilian send their platers to europe too, but when they come back to Brazil to play with the "verdeamarelha" slection they played like brazilians, the "jogo bonito" its not happens with our players, Brazil is still dancig zamba with ball, but our players dont dance "tango" any more, so sad, is not abouth win or loose, is abouth enjoy or not with the game and we dont enjoy these way to play, mora hability and less atletism for us :mrgreen:
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Carlos on 18 Jan 2017, 19:56

well, You never heard the saying "never introduce the subject of footballl with an Argentinean" don't do it to me fellows!!! :( I can't avoid it, is something in the water of this country or something else. :eh:
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Peter on 18 Jan 2017, 20:48

Nice and original work! :thumbup:

About soccer: Belgium - Argentina = See you in the final in 2018! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Hellboy on 19 Jan 2017, 07:52

Carlos, this work is you really succeeded. :yeah: I would not be surprised, when Perry Rhodan runs right through one of the photos. A real time trip!
What a fun !!!! :-D The water effect is very beautiful. :shock: How did you do that?
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 19 Jan 2017, 09:19

Carlos wrote:
Abouth the "space scooter" well, I knew a modeler who said that the trash when it was well glued and painted looked good :mrgreen:

I wonder who that can be? :-D

A bit off topic.
I remember my first soccer world champs in Mexico 1986 who look with interest.
There was a Gery Lineker!
In the final we was 2 goals back. And make an 2:2 possible. Unfortunately a player with the 10 at his back and the hand of good was involved ...
The most interesting final game till now for me.
Goals, tension, hope ...

The most boring was the win In Italy 1990. Only a penalty goal. :(
I got so much hope for the Kamerun team during this world champs. First African team to reach the 1/8 final and the 1/4 final.
Same as Iceland at these Euro Champs.
Far too often the last four are major soccer nations.

I want see good soccer. A game not foul on foul on foul. I want to see a few goal.
I want to see opening game like 4:2 in 2006!
And something totally unexpected like 7:1 against a team in blue and yellow cloths.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by despertaferro on 19 Jan 2017, 11:26

Nice pulp scene!

Congratulations! :yeah:
despertaferro  

Posted by Carlos on 19 Jan 2017, 14:51

Peter wrote:Nice and original work! :thumbup:

About soccer: Belgium - Argentina = See you in the final in 2018! :-D

Thanks Peter, and looking the actual mess in the argentinan football federation (AFA) even with players like "Lio" (Messi) I doubth that the "seleccion" could arrive to any final, next world cup, hope Belgium could be.

Hellboy wrote:Carlos, this work is you really succeeded. :yeah: I would not be surprised, when Perry Rhodan runs right through one of the photos. A real time trip!
What a fun !!!! :-D The water effect is very beautiful. :shock: How did you do that?

Yes, the space man could be Perry Rhodan by the face!.
Abouth water, in this case in wich I wanted a clear and brigth water. I used a "brigth acrilyc" is a kind of acrilyc you could find in artistic stores and teenngers girls like my daughter love it, used it in the clothes too (in this and the spacedog diorama). Over this brihtg acrilyc, a gross coberture with a "paste" (transparent) wich is used to protect oils paints, can't find the porpper ord in english for that but is very common, artistic oil painters use it to protecet their operas. This materils could be in 1/2 or 1 cmm gross if you want, goog for water. but is not liquid, requires application with spatula and rsult is never a "quiet water" and never is plane liquea liquid water, a so is for trouble waters, in his favour is a faster aplication.

Wiking wrote:Carlos wrote:

I wonder who that can be? :-D

A bit off topic.
I remember my first soccer world champs in Mexico 1986 who look with interest.
There was a Gery Lineker!
In the final we was 2 goals back. And make an 2:2 possible. Unfortunately a player with the 10 at his back and the hand of good was involved ...
The most interesting final game till now for me.
Goals, tension, hope ...

The most boring was the win In Italy 1990. Only a penalty goal. :(
I got so much hope for the Kamerun team during this world champs. First African team to reach the 1/8 final and the 1/4 final.
Same as Iceland at these Euro Champs.
Far too often the last four are major soccer nations.

I want see good soccer. A game not foul on foul on foul. I want to see a few goal.
I want to see opening game like 4:2 in 2006!
And something totally unexpected like 7:1 against a team in blue and yellow cloths.

Yes Winking...confirmated by my own now, trash well glued and paintd looks great!.
Abouth the 86 cup was one of the more intense cups I can remember, in these times our selection was still playning in the "old style" so it culd confuse the rival defences. todaay in the Argentinan slection the nly one who still pays in these way is Messi, but his compaions dont play in that way, think if Messi were playng with "local" players (non european style) the style colud comeback, but there are a lot pressure (economic) to make play the more famous players (they carry more people to see the games and its mind more money).
The Hand of god Maradona is nasty person today, but in the field, just like a player he was great, able of the more bad and the more good, he shamed the jacket with a hand goal, but few minutes later he made a "history" goal...
In the final aganist Germany, in the 3 goal to Burruchaga, Maradona make a "clasical" pass in the argeninian football, the master in thse kind of passes was my favourite argentinan player in the history, a guy called Bochini, unknowled out of the country, Maradona allway says he was inspired by the "El Bocha" (Bochini) who played a generation before.
Bochini and Beckenbauer are my favourite players in the history,from my child times, thats the way in argentina I suport "independiente" (the Bochini's team when he played) and even today the Bayern Munich in europe (cause Bekenbauer)...and that the reason my dog is called "Kaiser" to... :mrgreen:
Baouth football, think is too much profesionalized so...not too much "art" today.

despertaferro wrote:Nice pulp scene!

Congratulations! :yeah:

Thanks Despetaferro, nice you like it!
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Peter on 19 Jan 2017, 17:27

In 1986 also Argentina has beaten Belgium in the semi final by that number 10! :(

Best match of that tournement: Belgium - Russia 4 - 3 (have a look at YouTube) ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Alex on 19 Jan 2017, 19:19

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
I like this stile !!!
Alex  Russia

Posted by Quepwik on 19 Jan 2017, 21:11

Excellent work
Quepwik  France

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Gallery