Gallery

Pomeranian National Cavalry

Posted by gbvarese on 21 Dec 2016, 00:20

Dear all,
As I had some spare cavalrymen, after painting the 6th Prussian Dragoons that I posted earlier, I've decided to add to my Prussian army the Pomeranian National Cavalry Regiment. This unit was recruited in Prussia at the start of the 1813. The troopers were all volunteers. The uniform was basically the one of the dragoons, apart for the basic colour that was green instead of light blue. White was the distinctive colour of the Pomeranian units. I've taken inspiration from some figures depicted by Knoetel.
I would appreciate very much your comments.
Greetings. Giovanni. ImageImageImageImage
gbvarese  Italy

Posted by C M Dodson on 21 Dec 2016, 12:25

He looks a fine chap. Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Dec 2016, 15:51

Yes i like the look of them both.BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by sansovino on 23 Dec 2016, 18:41

You did a really good painting job with one of the most ugly produced set which Italeri has produced - giants in 1/72, strange body movements and terrible hats and horses.
It´s a pity that the Napoleonic prussians didn´t find good figure-designers in the plastic range. In contrast, how wonderful sculpted are the tin figures of Art Miniaturen or Newline Design. When will produce a plastic-producer a similiar quality of prussians?
sansovino  Germany

Posted by gbvarese on 24 Dec 2016, 00:03

Dear Sansovino, I thank you for appreciating my work. I'm particularly interested in the 1813 campaign, as I've been several time at Leipzig for my job. The Prussian army, at that time, is a particularly interesting subject, with a lot of irregular units , dressed with the most unthinkable uniforms. I've got to finish my Bulow's Army corps and I'm waiting, hopelessly, the release of Hat's Landwehr. Concerning the reserve regiment uniforms, I've read a lot of publications, and now it is clearer to me how they looked like.
Best greetings and Merry Christmas.
Giovanni.
gbvarese  Italy

Return to Gallery