Gallery

Die Schlacht von Ligny 16th Juni 1815

Posted by Paul on 30 Jun 2017, 15:26

Bill Slavin wrote:I haven't used Photobucket but my Picassa account became unwieldly so I've switched to copying images from my (still free) blog with Blogger. If I want to share pictures but don't want them posted on the blog I drop them into an unpublished blog post (called Photo Dump) and copy from there. If you want, you never even have it have a published blog.
Just one work around suggestion so you can continue to share your amazing work, although it does mean learning your way around Blogger a bit.

:yeah: Correct.
All the rest occasionally hold the Service closed for a while, depending on how many pics you´ve got or how many times they are viewed and then ask you to upgrade to the next Level. Believe me, thier asking you to upgrade never Ends.
Google accounts ie; Blogger, are (at the Moment) free and with one or two tricks* can hold 1000´s of photos. ..Example, My blog holds 5000 at the Moment, without tricks to expand the free space.

*which aren´t necessary for a couple of thousand pics.
Paul  China

Posted by thomaspicton on 02 Jul 2017, 11:56

This is indeed bad news as your pictures of Ligny are inspirational and cannot be lost. If you have the pictures it would be relatively easy to set up a blog and also free. I transfer my pictures off my blog to this forum without trouble and I note they haven't been deleted. If you had your own blog this would have the added advantage of putting everything in one place but wouldn't stop you posting here too.
thomaspicton  United Kingdom

Posted by C M Dodson on 10 Jul 2017, 14:43

Die Schlacht von Ligny 16th Juni 1815

Timeline 7.50PM

Many thanks again to Paul for his help.

I am reposting the last set of pictures and intend to work on the rest with hopefully a new photo provider due to the extortionate demands of Photobucket.

I hope to have something more original as the battle draws to its close in the near future.

Tirallieurs from 1st brigade De La Jeune Garde, Lieutenant-general Pierre Comte Barrois, assisted by elements from 12th Infantry Division, Lieutenant-General Baron Marc-Nicholas Pecheux assault the Ferme den Bas.

Elements from 2nd Brigade Marechal-de-camp Dupeyroux, commence their advance from St Amand towards ligny as the French artillery begins to redeploy through the village.

2nd Brigade De La Jeune Garde, Marechal-de-camp Guye supported by 7th Infantry Division, Lieutenant-general Baron Jean-Baptiste Girard attempt to ‘pin’ the Prussians before Brye. If successful this will allow the Guard advancing from Ligny to envelop their rear and destroy them.

Feldmarschall Blucher is organising the defence of Ligny in person . In his absence Generallieutenant August Graf Neidhardt von Gneisenau orders the withdrawal of all Prussian forces west of Ligny in order to prevent their envelopment.

URL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Capitanzursee/media/P1020956_zpsuxctyse2.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

The skies begin to darken to an inky blackness as the storm arrives.

The gunfire is drowned out by thunder and the dark is torn by sheet lightning as the Guard move through a blazing Ligny scenting victory.

Pas de quartier, Vive L’Empereur!
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by FredG on 10 Jul 2017, 16:02

:yeah: We can always rely on you for some dramatic scenes and interesting pyrotechnics Mr Dodson.
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :-D :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

I was just wondering if you were related to a certain Mr M Bentine.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by C M Dodson on 10 Jul 2017, 16:28

Hi,

Thank you very much and please, it's Chris. Christopher brings back memories of being naughty.

Talking of which no I am not related but I do remember Mr Bentines potty time.

His Battle of Waterloo was completely bonkers.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted by stenfalk on 10 Jul 2017, 19:28

Your photos are awesome. I feel transported into the scenery. Very impressive! :yeah:
stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sansovino on 20 Jul 2017, 19:58

Like always a pleasure and a delight of historical narration! Will we see again the formerly photos which disappeared?
sansovino  Germany

Posted by C M Dodson on 20 Jul 2017, 20:04

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am currently working on the next episode but have all the original photos despite Photobuckets extortion racket.

It is my intention to re post them but whilst I could use the PB fix I am of the opinion that a more reliable provider would be a better option first.

Thank you again to everyone for their kind wishes. Two years. It has flown by.

Chris

Posted by Salaberry on 20 Jul 2017, 23:35

Fantastic work: very vivid.
Please keep posting.

Salaberry
Salaberry  Canada

Posted by C M Dodson on 08 Aug 2017, 09:54

Schlact von Ligny 16th Juni 1815

Timeline 8.30PM

Chasseurs and Grenadiers of the Imperial Guard have siezed the stone bridge by the watermill and are fighting towards the Bois du Loop.

To the west of Ligny more units of the Guard are emerging from village as Prussian resiatance collapses.

2nd Brigade De La Jeune Garde, Marechal-de-camp Guye supported by 7th Infantry Division, Lieutenant-general Baron Jean-Baptiste Girard are simultaneously advancing on Brye.

Elements of the Prussian 6th Brigade, Generalmajor Karl August von Kraftare are fighting a spirited rearguard action at the Ferme du Moulin in order to prevent the remains of the Prussian defence being outflanked.

The thunderstorm has moved on and the light returns for the final act.

Only nightfall can save the Prussians from total defeat but Blucher is undeterred.

Vowats, Angriff, fur der Vaterland miene kinder!
Last edited by Paul on 27 Apr 2018, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pic links fixed

Posted by C M Dodson on 08 Aug 2017, 18:24

Apologies, Thomas has pointed out my poor spelling.

To be honest I hate predictive text and stubby fingers do not help!

Vorwärts, Angriff, für das Vaterland meine Kinder!

Chris

Posted by FredG on 08 Aug 2017, 20:03

I have a suspicion that you're not a modeller Chris. I think you have a time machine in the attic. :yeah:

Chris adjusts an elastic band before his next trip
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by thomaspicton on 08 Aug 2017, 22:43

This is absolutely fantastic, Chris, I can only dream of achieving this kind of quality. You should be in the film industry...maybe you are!
thomaspicton  United Kingdom

Posted by Wiking on 09 Aug 2017, 03:07

You let us participate as an invulnerably away fan.
To move with the attack or to be a first line soldier who face the attack to hold the line.
See the wounded, see the blood, see the death of your comrade who was just right beside you. Whooping screams, horror screams, the smell of gun smoke. For the flag!

The play with dust, light effects, shadows, angle of the camera, background of the pic as a mix of close ups and then a full line of soldier. You use it with intense like Blüchers attack.
Mass fighting scenes inside and outside the houses and the battle in the landscape.
So there is no highlight of a single protagonist.
This all together let us know that there is violent action everywhere.

Several figures are converted in pose to fit in the scene.
And you take care that all fallen soldier touch completely the ground.
As the horses are chosen to run or to tow a gun slow.

A logical composition beginning by the poor, bravely, fighting, tiny soldier up to the moving lines into the city of the whole battlefield.

Let me describe it with the words (that I get) of the forum member sansovino:
You are really a great story-teller! How many details! How many stories in the story! And which impressive interactions!
:yeah:

I know that my English is not that better. But please be so kind and let me show the improved writing of the sentence:

Vowats, Angriff, fur der Vaterland miene kinder!
Vorwärts, Angriff, für das Vaterland meine Kinder!

I am sorry :oops:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by C M Dodson on 09 Aug 2017, 07:40

Thank you all for your kind comments and again, apologies for the missing R's in Vorwarts. To be honest I think I was getting a bit excited when Postimage worked and forgot to check the spelling!

Photobucket is history.

Unfortunately I do not have a time machine but the clip from the H G Wells film brings back memories. I also remember ' The Time Tunnel' which kept malfunctioning.

I have no film training other than teaching myself. My friend Thomas Mischak did send me a link about film special effects which was informative. To see the models for Ben Hur etc gets you thinking.

With respect to the project I have learnt an enormous amount since I started and my Gettysburg pictures from years ago look really silly in comparison.

Nevertheless, I feel that there is room for improvement and I appreciate members suggestions and input. A good idea is always a good idea.

I am currently working on the closing stages of Ligny and also the troops, buildings etc for Quatre Bras.

Thank you again.

Chris

Posted by Susofrick on 09 Aug 2017, 07:48

This is one of the best movies I've seen in years! Very good work and as the other says, you really let us come close to the action!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 09 Aug 2017, 12:13

Epic & Stupendous! :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Cryns on 10 Aug 2017, 09:17

Dear C M Dodson,

Some great action scenes again, with lots of smoke and explosions all well done.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Traveller1865 on 10 Aug 2017, 18:09

Fantastic and inspiring, wish more people made bigger projects like this though I know from experience how difficult it is to get space for it.
Traveller1865  Sweden

In memoriam

Posted by Paul on 10 Aug 2017, 19:08

C M Dodson wrote:Photobucket is history.

:yeah:
Though, I couldn´t let this epic thread with Fixing the pic links ..so I have
Paul  China

Previous pageNext page

Return to Gallery