Game Reports

Peninsular War Scenario - Display Game

Posted by Rosbif on 12 Sep 2016, 03:04

Hi all,

I've finally finished the battle report for the display game I put on for my club's open day! :oops:

The French have to get their baggage train across the river at either the bridge or the ford, while the Anglo-Iberian forces have to stop them, and preferably capture the baggage train. I'd written special rules to replicate the breakdown of discipline that happened when Joseph's baggage train was captured at Vittoria in 1813, but unfortunately, they weren't tested in this game.

The upshot was that the French managed to capture the village only on one side of the river before the Portuguese had put one French division to flight, causing the whole French army to retreat. The British infantry were not even engaged! :shock:

I'd like to play it again with the Anglo-Portuguese coming on at a randomised period later in the game, leaving the Spanish to take on the might of the French assault. The weaker Spanish would be left to fend off the stronger French forces all the while hoping the Anglo-Portuguese will arrive in the nick of time! Because it was a display game, I thought it would look more spectacular if all the forces started on the board.

British cavalry cross the stream

Spanish and French cavalry clash in front of the village

French and Portuguese infantry struggle for supremacy on the flank

The French approach to the village from the Allies' point of view

The full batrep can be seen here.
Rosbif  Australia

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by davbenbak on 12 Sep 2016, 14:23

Lots of good plastics on display
davbenbak  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 13 Sep 2016, 19:41

Allways fun to see such rapports! And most of the time with lots of beautifull painted figures!
Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Game Reports