Game Reports

Hard fought Peninsular War battle

Posted by Rosbif on 17 May 2014, 12:45

Hi all,

This is the latest battle I fought at the club with my Anglo-Portuguese forces against an opponent who borrowed my French figures. It's a rare occurence when I can fight a battle against figures of the same scale; usually my little men are fighting 28mm giants! :lol:

It was a hard fought battle with many ups and downs, ending in a marginal Allied victory. I would have been happy with any result, as my figures would still have ended up on the winning side. :mrgreen:

For a full battle report, see more on the blog
Rosbif  Australia

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Bramble15 on 17 May 2014, 13:49

As stated on numerous occasions I am a big fan of your painting. Looking at a large group of your figures is even more impressive. Congrats. Great work.
Question - what type of table made do you use? It looks as if there is some color contrast built in.
Bramble15  United States of America

Posted by Mário on 17 May 2014, 20:23

Good evening
You showed us great figures and a great game. And you proved again, as Wellington knew, that the good use of Caçadores or British Rifles can win you the victory. Well played!
Good models and good games.
Mário
Mário  Portugal

Posted by The General on 30 Jul 2014, 12:13

Hello!

I am loving this. Love the many (many!!!) painted soldiers and the theme. Which set of rules did you use? I am currently trying out the Field of Glory: Napoleonic, which is rather neat.

Regards,
The General
The General  Denmark

Posted by vellek on 30 Jul 2014, 18:30

This is quite an impressive array of figures. Great fun to look at and admire.

Cheers,
Kurt
vellek  United States of America
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Rosbif on 04 Aug 2014, 13:19

Thanks, chaps!

Which set of rules did you use?

General, I use a set of rules which our club has developed loosely based on the Empire IV rules. There are links to the rules on my blog, but here is the link, anyway if you're interested:

Rules

Charts

They're fairly complicated and not to everyone's liking, but we think it gives a fair balance between historical accuracy and playability. :-D
Rosbif  Australia

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Game Reports