Wargaming Rules

Blitzkrieg commander single player rules

Posted by Jur2225 on 13 Jun 2011, 21:37

Hi fellow forummers,

I got the blitzkrieg commander rulebook pretty recentley, and on the first page it states that the game can also be played in single player. I like that idea, practicing in single player and go to 'real' war with a friend. The problem is, is that I can't seem to find any special rules for single player. Commanding two armies on your own is not that fun, since you automaticley set a side you favor and you will give them an advantage. So my question is, do you guys know any sort of rule adjustments for single player? Like what and when do units target enemy units of the non-player side, or how do they react to my movements? If it is in the book, on what page can I find the single player rules (if they are present in the book...)

Alread loads of thanks,
Jur
Jur2225  Netherlands

Posted by musketier on 14 Jun 2011, 01:15

you can set up the following:
roll to determine each section of terrain, this randomizes the table
you can set up a chart to roll for whether or not the orders you sent to the unit are followed like you want, this gives the element of randomness and some realism to solo wargaming. I use the last idea from the Fire and Fury rule system(check their site and look at their charts) and adapted it to my house rules. works well. I too had the same problem when I started solo games.
musketier  United States of America

Posted by Gunbird on 14 Jun 2011, 07:58

Or you could go to the BKC/CWC/FWC dedicated forum, as it is explained there by the author.
Gunbird  Netherlands

Posted by Jur2225 on 14 Jun 2011, 09:28

Thanks alot!
Jur2225  Netherlands

Return to Wargaming Rules