General Wargaming

Davout's Corps

Posted by Ochoin on 20 Aug 2022, 22:45

I've been doing a bit of re-basing on my oldest wargaming army - a French Napoleonic Corps.
These are some of my oldest figures...& newest ones (I'm still finishing the Lancers).

It provides a comfortable night's gaming with 12 infantry battalions, 2 artillery batteries, a cavalry brigade, command & paraphernalia.

Commanded by Marshal Davout himself:

Foot and a Horse artillery units:

Light cavalry support under a probably disgruntled Grouchy:

The heart of any Napoleonic army - the infantry. It comes in all types - light and line, foreign regiments, formal & campaign dress:

Figures are a mix of plastic & metal; Hinton Hunt, Newline & Kennington, HaT, Revell, Strelets, Zvesda.

I have a heavy cavalry corps, a similar Line infantry corps and a Imperial Guard corps to expand for bigger games (yes, Napoleon is not the only megalomaniac).

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Minuteman on 21 Aug 2022, 16:26

A good-looking French wargames corps, and plenty of re-basing going on as well. Fine work donald!

I like the 'disgruntled Grouchy' by the way.... :-) A little out-of-focus, but the poor man looks worn out with his responsibilities... :mrgreen:
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Rich W on 21 Aug 2022, 23:31

Very nice Donald! You've been very busy getting these re-based!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Ochoin on 22 Aug 2022, 07:14

Would you believe this is the third time I've based my Nap. figures? And I think the last time.

The 40 x 40 infantry bases (with 2 half size ones per unit for flank companies & light infantry) make a more stable foundation for my figures. Using thin ply rather than the previous card bases has also improved the appearance & added strength.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Peter on 27 Aug 2022, 20:27

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 17 Sep 2022, 08:37

Very nice army I like the command figs. They are eyecatchers between all the fighting men.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to General Wargaming