General Wargaming

What's the size of your's???

Posted by Harry Faversham on 20 Aug 2021, 14:38

Wargames table I mean.
When we were kids it was a 6x8 sandtable in the attic. When I moved into my own quarters it shrank to 6x6, sandtables had by now gone out of fashion. Standing around a 6x6 combat zone lasted us well over 40 years till old fartdom, and combatants sadly falling off their perches, meant a 4x4 table to sit around has lasted right up today.
From today the new, New Emporium at the Seaside's table has gone back to the glory days... The imperial Decree is for an 8x4 Field of Mars!

:P
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by steve_pickstock on 20 Aug 2021, 14:46

Currently we used 6x4ft tables at our local community centre. 6ft deep is a good idea, but 4ft ample for most people. If I win the millions tonight, my wargames room will have three 4x4ft tables on castor wheels with 4x4ft drop-in panels between them. This would give me up to 20 linear ft or two 8x4ft tables, if I win the millions that is.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Michael Robert on 20 Aug 2021, 17:11

Hello,
when I was a kid I had a table of 92 x 198. Not in fingers, elbows, noses, feet or other parts of the body with variable dimensions, but in centimeters :mrgreen: Actually an old door
Today, no space and not involved in gaming any longer. But it starts tempting me...
Still have to work until retirement ...

Aaaaarms up..... Tuuuurn right..... Maaaaaaarch ahead
See you
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Ochoin on 20 Aug 2021, 21:27

9' long by 5' wide: standard ping pong table. However, the wheels have fallen off it - literally - & it needs replacing.

Options are to simply buy another eg
https://www.rebelsport.com.au/p/terrasp ... lsrc=aw.ds

Or something custom made that is higher (a real consideration to help aching backs) & a bit larger - the 3/4 garage we game in could stand something bigger. But it must be foldable.

But, if it's bigger, are existing battle mats going to cover it?

So, I'm living with something with chocked-up legs but something needs to be done.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Return to General Wargaming