General Wargaming

The Magnificent Seven Dwarves of the Fitzakerly Clan

Posted by Harry Faversham on 18 Apr 2021, 10:00

The Magnificent Seven's quest for treasure has taken them deep into Skellator's Kingdom. They have been trailed by a war party of Orcs of the Splintered Moon...

All the green markers are blinds, the real treasure is in the centre compounds...

The Magnificent Seven, Orcs of the Splintered Moon and Skellator...

Song of Blades and Heroes were the rules used.
Skellator charged the dwarves, single handed, and was hacked down down after a long and savage fight among them. The Magnificent Seven triumphed, killing two thirds of the Skellys for no loss, and gleaning the large treasure chest. Of the Orcs, Bonk, Splitta (the two red plumed champions) and one unnamed warrior dragged away the small chest after killing the rest of the Skellys. Realising it only needed the two of them to carry the loot, in the finest tradition of The Splintered Moon, Bonk and Splitta... stabbed the unknown warrior in the back and went upon their way!

;-)
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Minuteman on 18 Apr 2021, 11:30

Another highly imaginative scenario Harry! Lovely figures full of character, very well painted (especially the Orc/Skelly banners), great detail...and some lovely Persian rugs in the treasure rooms too... :-)

An episode of Dwarven heroism worthy of JRRTolkien himself. The great man would weep....

PS: I can't help but notice that one of the Dwarves was also a Viking champion a few weeks/months ago...???
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Ochoin on 18 Apr 2021, 15:09

Harry: there's none like you though I imagine many would like to be.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by MABO on 18 Apr 2021, 21:08

This is going to be an epic fight I think. Cool minis!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Harry Faversham on 19 Apr 2021, 00:06

Thanks for the kind comments chaps, that game actually took place in 2016 when I still lived in Sheffield...
Over the intervening years many changes befell the denizens of The Vale. The Jarl of the Vikings (steadfast allies of the Magnificent Seven) took complete leave of his senses and, for his own and everyone else's safety, was kept locked away in his Great Hall which became his Fortress of Solitude. Bonk and Splitta moved far away from the Borderlands to live by the sea, still bickering, as they charged a hefty toll on anyone using the trail to the beach just outside their hovel.
But what of the real Heroes of this tale, The Magnificent Seven Dwarves of the Fitzakerly Clan? They prospered and lived happily ever after...
till a couple of their Grandkids got mugged on a day out to the seaside...
The sad tale was told of two big, scarred and ugly, green men demanding their pocket-money with extreme prejudice as they ran down the track to the beach. Old King Fitz felt all the old red mists rising, thunder pulsing through his veins. At that night's feast the Magnificent Seven pledged to ride again to right this intolerable slight on Dwarven honour!
The Magnificent Seven had retired, undefeated to my mates China Cabinet, as a Crimbo gift in 2017. There were three of us back then who'd gamed together for over thirty years. Now there's only two and the plague's stopped play for nearly a year. To celebrate our first 'proper' game in all that time I've recreated his favourite Warriors for him. They'll be having a day at the seaside to severely chastise Bonk and Slotta for their dastardlies!

THE RETURN OF THE SEVEN!!!

Accompanying the Magnificent Seven Dwarves of the Fitzakerly Clan on their quest will be three trusted allies, a Wizard and two elite human Archers.

:joker:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Peter on 19 Apr 2021, 11:01

I don't know a thing about wargaming, but I like the figures! They are wonderfull painted! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Harry Faversham on 19 Apr 2021, 14:03

Peter, they come ready painted from a Company called eM4 Miniatures. All I have done is tickled them up a bit and based them.

:-D
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Peter on 19 Apr 2021, 15:32

Does that mean that you are lazy Harry? :mrgreen:

Well they did a good job on these figures! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Harry Faversham on 19 Apr 2021, 19:24

I'm very lazy! :-D
Back in the day, we always played historical games, proper wargamers held them as played with dwarves, goblins and wizards with open contempt!
My mate Fitz is only a little bloke, I bought the dwarfs ready painted, for a mickey take. He asked if we could have a game with them, so we did... the Magnificent Seven took on all comers for several years, the retired to Fitz's China Cabinet undefeated!
I had to buy the same set of figures for 'Return of the Seven'. It will be a nice surprise for him when we can get together for our first proper game in nearly a year.

:P
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Harry Faversham on 27 Jul 2021, 10:55

The Magnificent Seven Dwarves of the Fitzakerly Clan saw the little fishing village of Kleethorpe in the distance and prepared for action. Their mission had changed somewhat, the human Wizard, before disappearing into a dark forest, had issued a dire warning...
The Undead were abroad!
The Wizard's vision told of two baby Dragons hidden by the locals in Kleethorpe. Dragons, in those days, were creatures revered both by Dwarves and Men. The vision told of the risen demons of the Undead, dispatched by The Evil Bishop of The Vale of Vile to capture, and bring to him the baby Dragons...

"Wot it boils down to," said King Fitz. "Is, the dead 'un's want to take the Dragons to The Vale of Vile and make 'em vile like they are. And we're going to put a stop to that malarkey!"

King Fitz was bang on the money. From the opposite side of the little fishing village of Kleethorpe a picked force of Skellymandos had met up with the two mercenary Orcs, Bonk and Splitta. They were hurrying toward the village...
vileness aforethought!

:(
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Harry Faversham on 05 Aug 2021, 08:45

The Village of Kleethorpe and the opposing factions...

Both sides close searching the hovels for their quarry as they go...

With no memory box of past encounters the Skellys have no recollection of how formidable their enemy is. They advance, confident of victory. The Magnificent Seven swing their great Battleaxes and start the ball!

Bonk and Slotta aren't as daft, hanging back to let the jangling Undead take the brunt of it.

Realising the Undead have lost the plot/mission brief, the Magnificent Seven happily join the free for all in the snickets and ginnels of Kleethorpe...

Not equipped with the heavy armour of their Dwarf Brethren, the Human archers are eventually taken down in the fighting... fighting that proves disastrous for the Skellymandos. Bonk and Slotta start taking a backward step. The two Orc Mercenaries haven't lasted this long, in a very dangerous profession, by not recognising a lost cause when they see one. Bonk and Slotta unceremoniously leg it out of Kleethorpe...

The Magnificent Seven Dwarves of the Fitzakerly Clan tend the wounds of their Human allies, and those of two of their Clan. A search of nearby buildings gleans the baby Dragons, and their victory is complete. With the Undead Standard as a trophy they prepare to march home, just as soon as the wounded are fit to march...

:-D
Harry Faversham  England

Return to General Wargaming