Posted by Ochoin on 03 Jul 2018, 08:49

I'll post more if anyone's interested.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 03 Jul 2018, 14:42

Way more! :D
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Ochoin on 06 Jul 2018, 14:38

The "practice" game went well. It's primary purpose was to bring my pal up to speed with the BKC rules. The "real" game, with the same set up etc, will be next week with the whole crew.

The game started with various attempts to stymie each other with artillery and air attack.

My pal, playing the Germans, decided on blitzkrieg tactics, in terms of pinning the troops in the village, punching a hole through the British left flank & curving around to take the supply dump (the chief objective) behind the village.

The British had quite a number of hidden units but clever & persistent Recce soon winkled these out.

We ran out of time just as the tank battle was starting but even though my pal had received only a fraction of the tanks available (poor dice rolling at the start of the game: 1 Tiger & 2 Panthers broke down/ran out of fuel & did not attend), it was clear that my Honeys were useless & the Cromwells & Churchills also probably doomed.

The writing was on the wall.

I'm pretty certain my clever pal does not need any more practice.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 07 Jul 2018, 00:48

That looks like so much fun.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Ochoin on 07 Jul 2018, 04:12

I have a similar size US force, with Shermans, Jumbos & TDs instead of the British armour.
Frankly, I'm not sure how either of the Allies can beat the Germans. German armour in these rules is pretty strong.

I'm contemplating adding to the Allies' airpower. a rocket firing Typhoon might be useful as could a Mitchell medium bomber.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Return to General Wargaming