Forward boys! 1777
49%

Total votes : 37

Posted by Dad's Army on 04 Feb 2011, 20:00

This is duel nr.62 folks!

The rules this time were:
# Theme: American War of Independence
# Figure: Single Figure
# History: French,British,American or Native American Soldier/Warrior who took part in the AWI
# Base: Small Base (f.e. coin or cork base)
# Picture: Only one picture allowed
# Time: One week
# Specials: No conversions are allowed,only standard figures!

You have a week to choose your winner. Once again gentlemen take your places and may the best painter win.
Please leave comments after the duel has finished

Private, Hall´s Delaware Regiment, 1777

vs

Forward boys! 1777

Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 11 Feb 2011, 20:55

A close finish this was...
The winner of this duel is Dominik (Observer) with his entry "Private, Hall´s Delaware Regiment, 1777"
He was up against "Forward boys! 1777" made by Cole.

So you see, you can win your first duel in the dueling field!
Thanks for dueling both, and congratulations on your work.

Hope to see more duels from you guys ;-)
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Paul on 11 Feb 2011, 20:59

It´s the taking part that counts so congrats to both of you, and then congrats to Domonique for the win.. :thumbup:
Paul  China

Posted by Peter on 11 Feb 2011, 21:46

I'm looking forward to the story behind this figure, told by Big Dom :-D

Congrats to both of you for again a nice duel :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by ColeF on 11 Feb 2011, 22:08

Congrats Dom! I couldn't have asked for a closer duel! :sweatdrop:
ColeF  United States of America

Posted by Maurice on 11 Feb 2011, 22:32

Congrats Dom, first duel and a victory :thumbup:
Maurice  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by The Observer on 11 Feb 2011, 23:31

@ first : Thanks to all who voted for me and a big thank to Cole who brought this duel to a very thin win!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am -despite all other military stuff-especially interested in the American War of Independence and so i decided to take part in a duel with this theme.
I already had finished several other figs regarding this era (wich i will post in the forthcoming time) , but -because i think it is and should be a real duel-painted this figure separately until deadline in one week (yes i´m not Speedy Gonzales)...... :mrgreen:
When shooting my pics i´m not really satisfied with them , because i use a "Super-Close-Up" feature , wich makes the figure a bit strange looking appearence in my opinion- i better had shoot the pics a bit more far away :drool:
The figure i choose , was (as everybody could see) from the Italeri "American War of Independence American Infantry" set and altough they have a strange look-i really like those figs with their faces and little bellies :mrgreen: .
I decided to not paint the figs as displayed on the box , so i used some of my several uniform guides and i choose the uniform of a private from Hall´s Delaware Regiment of 1777 , taken from the Blandford Colour Series Uniform Book "Uniforms of the American Revolution" from 1975 , written by the famous John Mollo. :notworthy:

Hall´s Delaware regiment was reformed by Colonel David Hall in 1777 and it gave good service in the 1777 campaign until it it was virtually wiped out at the Battle of Camden. It was one of the best dressed and equipped regiments in the army. So they wore reportedly blue coats faced with red and hats bound with yellow lace. In the southern campaign they were issued also with shoes,hunting shirts and blue and white striped overalls.

:love: After all i loved to took part in this and i will for sure enter further duels or competitions! :love:

Thanks again for all your nice comments and cheers to Cole for a real burner!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

........and:

:thumbup: Go into it! Participate and poll in the Duels and Competitions-this is real fun and the essence of our hobby! :thumbup:
The Observer  

Posted by arkhunter2002 on 15 Feb 2011, 19:49

Very good job, both of you! I had trouble picking one :mrgreen:
arkhunter2002  United States of America

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Feb 2011, 10:46

Pretty tricky to pick one and it shows. Great work both! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Old Wolf on 16 Feb 2011, 21:31

congrates to both good painters for that great duel.
that delaware guy is a worthy winner and it looks much better in real. ( i ve seen it last week while drinking an afterwork beer in Dominiks home :mrgreen: )
Old Wolf  Germany

Return to The Duelling Field