Poll ended at 17 Aug 2009, 20:53

Late Medieval Field Artillery
91%
Warsaw pact training on B-10
9%

Total votes : 23

Posted by Adam on 10 Aug 2009, 20:53

Two more contenders are about to have at it for the 7th duel

This is another artillery duel, but this time any artillery piece plus crew and basing from any era.

You have a week to choose your winner. Once again gentlemen take your places and may the best painter win.
Please leave comments until after the duel has finished

Late Medieval Field Artillery

vs
Warsaw pact training on B-10

Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Adam on 23 Aug 2009, 12:30

Sorry for the delay guys, and thanks to Rich (west1871) and Thomas for these two excellent pieces of work and congrats to Thomas on another fine victory :thumbup:
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Maurice on 23 Aug 2009, 15:19

Well done for both and congrats to Thomas for yet another great victory :thumbup:
Maurice  

Posted by ColeF on 23 Aug 2009, 15:44

Great job again Thomas! Who are the figs from? ;-)
ColeF  United States of America

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 23 Aug 2009, 16:07

Hi guys,

thank you very much. The the two guys with the red/white hood are from Valdemar / Alex (crew for Hansa Kogge and medieval civilians). For medieval artillery scenes a civil figure (without armour) can easily be used. I know I mixed the centurys in this scene a bit. The aiming crewman and the gunmaster are better suitable for 13th or 14th century. The cannon more for about 1450.

The other two are from Frank Germershaus "Hussite Artillery". The gun is from Zvezda.

The gun is a so called "veuglaire", or in German "Kammerbüchse".

My cheers go to West1871. A nice and unusual topic, with these Warsaw Pact troops. I liked it.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by west1871 on 23 Aug 2009, 17:00

well done Thomas :thumbup: :thumbup: that was a really great dio you did.I even voted for it myself :thumbup: how do you get the back ground?
well I hope I have more luck next time. ;-)
Thanks again for the time you took on your dio,

cheers rich (a well routed west1871)
west1871  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by je_touche on 23 Aug 2009, 17:18

Well done both competitors.

West, tell us a bit about that weapon, is it anti-tank? I am ever eager to learn sth new.

What defeated this vignette for me a bit are the huge 'concrete' blocks. The idea is good, but they look a bit unconvincing as remains of a building, they are just too clean, maybe there should be a bit more débris around too. Maybe even a Russian graffito on one of them? :-D
je_touche  

Posted by luchs on 23 Aug 2009, 19:45

je_touche wrote:Well done both competitors.

West, tell us a bit about that weapon, is it anti-tank? I am ever eager to learn sth new.

What defeated this vignette for me a bit are the huge 'concrete' blocks. The idea is good, but they look a bit unconvincing as remains of a building, they are just too clean, maybe there should be a bit more débris around too. Maybe even a Russian graffito on one of them? :-D

the dio is for a "training place..
in my memory the traing place was even clean..
luchs  

Posted by Susofrick on 24 Aug 2009, 11:22

Congrats to the both of you! Like both entries a lot! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by west1871 on 24 Aug 2009, 17:44

hello all,
je-touche the b-10 was a recoiless rifle,I believe it was AT.We have a bloke at work at the momment who is from lebonnon and was saying that they fired them on the shoulder.I thought he was having a laugh but there is a picture online with a bloke firing stood up :shock: you see them on trucks mounted on the back in third world countries alot.
And yes the blocks do look a bit iffy should have just stuck with country side :thumbup: should have stuck to not offering thomas a duel ;-) ;-) ;-) Hes far to good :thumbup:
west1871  United Kingdom

Posted by je_touche on 24 Aug 2009, 20:15

west1871 wrote:should have stuck to not offering thomas a duel ;-) ;-) ;-) Hes far to good :thumbup:

I disagree. Our abilities grow with the challenge. So keep challenging Thomas, I know he likes it. :lol:
je_touche  

Posted by Peter on 24 Aug 2009, 20:51

Congrats to both of you, well done :thumbup:

@Rich: that background of Thomas is very famous, it's his own backyard ;-) Have a look at the pictures in the painting competition that he won, then you know what I mean.

@luchs: your right about the training facilities these times. They have to be "save" and "clean". You can't imagen how many rules we have when we build such facilities. And watch out when someone gets hurd in such a place, then there is nothing to laugh!

Greetings Peter
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 24 Aug 2009, 22:19

Oh yes, my "famous" background. That photo session normally takes 5 minutes. Meanwile I changed the background from the forest behind the garden to the bushes near my carport. The red stuff you can see in the background here is an elder tree. I changed also the time to take the photos. Now I make them in the early morning, before I go to work. The light is quite good then.

Thank you again for your kind comments and YES, I like challenging. But as I already said....after finishing all my announced duels I need a little creative break.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Return to The Duelling Field