Posted by Dad's Army on 08 Feb 2021, 23:00

This is duel nr.219 folks!

The rules this time were:

The duel between two members.
- Indian woman from Atlantic 1012 Sioux Camp
- No base
- 2 pictures

You have a week to choose your winner.
Once again gentlemen take your places and may the best painter win.
Please leave comments after the duel has finished

"Dinner? Rabbit with plums!"

vs

"Let's cook Peter today"

Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 16 Feb 2021, 12:08

This was the recipe for a good duel I think ...
30 votes, man this is awesome.
The strange part is, most of you did vote wrong, Now Peter won and I lost :mrgreen:
Yeah this duel was between me and my good friend Peter, who send me the figures for the golddigger duel against mr. X last year. We directly arranged to duel also with a figure, and Peter did chooce this woman with her Peter rabbit.
:oops: Because Peter send me his entry before I was started, I toucht this was a bit unfair.
So I told my self, paint het but in different colors, so the duel is more fun and fair.
Unfortunately my work was not good enough for the win, but I thought it was a very nice figure to paint.
I also received a complaint from the point of view of animal abuse, I respect that, so you can see that everyone views it in their own way.

:yeah: Thanks all for the votes, and congratulations Peter!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 16 Feb 2021, 17:42

Very good entries and what a fun duel. I had an inkling that Remco might be one of the contestansts--i know how much he favors peaceful subjects.

Well, not peaceful for the rabbit! Still, our Native friends surely needed to eat, and hunting large game and small an important part of their diet.

Entry no. 2 has better painting on the scenery and rabbit. I thought entry no. 1 had the better face and colors. It seems more likely that her garment would be all one piece and buffalo skin. These are toys and not meant for accuracy, but it was a way to differentiate between two fine entries.

Lastly I will say neither of you dealt with the plastic injection mark on the back shoulder. It would have been pretty easy to smooth it off. There is another potential tiebreaker and an opportunity lost.

Thanks for dueling and now we are in need of an immediate rematch!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Feb 2021, 17:47

A lovely duel
Yes indeed
Congratulations to you both.

Yes with the plastic Buffalo near shot off the play table,
the poor indian girl had to eat , dear me a plastic bunny!

Why not come out to play? BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 16 Feb 2021, 17:54

ahahah, what a duel!!! super fun and now even funnier knowing the two contenders. wonderful unusual figure, well painted by both. impossible for me to pick the best one. I flipped a coin and it went for Peter. No hard feelings! The duel Peter vs Dad's Army should become a tradition
Mr. Andrea  Europe
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Sho on 16 Feb 2021, 18:05

Historical girl against modern one. :-)
Bravo!
Sho  Estonia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 16 Feb 2021, 18:19

One day they will vote for you Remco, and that is when you pay them a bit more as I do! :mrgreen:

Thank you for having this duel with me! :thumbup:

This was a fun duel indeed and I would like to thank everyone who voted for me and Remco! Lots of votes is what we like! :-D

@Aaron: The injection mark is almost on all the Atlantic figures and I'm a bit afraid that when I try to remove it I would damage the figure to much.

@Paul: she is cleaning the buffalo fur. Figure on the right:

@Andrea: we have a duel every year so it is a tradition! ;-)

@Sho: that's another way to look at this duel! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 16 Feb 2021, 18:33

Peter wrote:
@Aaron: The injection mark is almost on all the Atlantic figures and I'm a bit afraid that when I try to remove it I would damage the figure to much.

For someone of your astonishing skill, I believe you could have managed it. Something to keep in mind for next time.

I have heard our forum is getting a reputation for only positive comments, so I thought I would offer a potential area of improvement. Yes I know all about the injection marks on Atlantic figures. I own at least one copy of most of the sets they ever made.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 16 Feb 2021, 20:04

Very nice duel and it was not clear who was the winner till the end. Nice to see more members voting than normal.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Santi Pérez on 16 Feb 2021, 20:53

I must confess that I had a serious dilemma to choose between both figures, since the quality of both was very similar to my taste. :eh:

My very best congratulations to the first winner and the second winner. :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Ben90 on 16 Feb 2021, 23:06

Fantastic duel! To me it was the choice of colours that made the difference, while both figures are excellently painted! So I had only one vote and voted for Peter ;-)
Ben90  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 17 Feb 2021, 10:24

It was a very hard choice, but in the end Remco got my vote. Didn't get any money from Peter. Remco sent me some though.
Susofrick  Sweden

Return to The Duelling Field