Group Builds

WWI 100th Anniversary Group Build Guidelines

Posted by Kekso on 10 Jan 2014, 16:57

• Group build starts now.
• Topic is World War One (Great War).
• You can choose any event from that war, any battle.
• No fantasy or sci-fi is allowed. That doesn't mean you need to be 100% historically accurate. Just don't use skeletons, wizards, Jedi figures nor weapon that didn't existed during that era.

• Any scale and any models are allowed figures, tanks, planes, ships, etc.
• You can have as many entries as you want.
• Post your WIP and finished projects in this subforum (Group Builds). One topic = one project.
• Title of your topic should be “WWI 100th Annyversary Group Build: TITLE of PROJECT“

• In first post you should write introductory to your project. What will you do, what will you use. Inform us as much as you can. During WIP explain what did you do, take photos etc. Point is that we see WIP and compare to other projects and have fun.
• Posting just finished project will eliminate that project from poll at the end.
• Add “FINISHED“ to title when project is finished.

• Deadline for entry is 30th April 2014.
• Deadline for posting finished project is 28th June 2014.
• After that poll starts and it runs until 28th July 2014.
• It will be only one poll (not 2x2 system as in painting competition. Project that will have most votes wins.
• First place will get the prize. Box of 1/72 scale figures from WW1 era, gift from Benno's Figures Forum.

• Pedro (armpcm) and Dalibor (Kekso) will participate in GB/poll but they cannot win the prize. If one of them (by any chance) wins the poll, prize goes to second best placed participant.
• Have fun guys.

Sorry for so much guidelines, we want to be clear from the start and cover as many stuff as we can. Got a question? Feel free to ask...
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by santifernandez on 22 Jan 2014, 09:23

Dalivor, I have a question.
My tank already started on another forum (my country), the project is valid?
or start another?.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by Kekso on 22 Jan 2014, 12:09

No problem Santi... just go for it... looking forward to see it
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 22 Jan 2014, 22:46

This guidelines should be sticky. Then they stay on top of the page. Benno can you fix that? ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 25 Jan 2014, 10:32

I agree with you Peter... I've tried to do it myself couple of times but I didn't succeeded. Seems like Benno worked that out.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 25 Jan 2014, 10:33

We have 11 entries so far. I think that's good. But we have more than 3 months to get more entries.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 29 Jan 2014, 16:56

And first entry is finished http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=15548&start=20

Who will join us next?
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Paul on 09 Feb 2014, 20:51

Kekso wrote:• Group build starts now.
• Topic is World War One (Great War).
• You can choose any event from that war, any battle.
• No fantasy or sci-fi is allowed. That doesn't mean you need to be 100% historically accurate. • ...

What about metaphorical representation?
Paul  China

Posted by Paul on 09 Feb 2014, 20:54

Paul  China

Posted by Kekso on 09 Feb 2014, 21:10

Hi Paul... I have no objections to that. Feel free to join :beer:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Paul on 14 Feb 2014, 18:58

Kekso wrote:Hi Paul... I have no objections to that. Feel free to join :beer:

Sorry for the late reply...too much going on at work.
Ok..I´m in :-)
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Feb 2014, 14:41

I had ,had a thought to enter a something too,but upon refection I just wanted to place this here instead.Everyone was subject to the hardships the Great War produced.In this I mean all Nations & all their people who took active part in it.Tracing my own Family History,it was this War that cause Utter Destitution for my Family at that time. My Mother was born in 1905,and her three Older Brothers and her Father marched off into the unknown where this Great War was concerned.Over by Christmas they all decleared!They never came back,all were killed for King and Country. The Reward for their Great Service to their Country was this,the Whole Family, 3 little girls with thier younger brother and their Mother,were all placed in the Workhouse. My Mother was there from the tender age of 11 years up until she was 16. The Harsh System of the Workhouse,lasted right up to 1948 in Great Britain.My Dear Mother Grace Liddy,never did get over it. So for many the Scars caused by this Great War go`s Very Deep. The use of metaphorical response is a very good idea,but sometimes it cannot be completely understood.Thats why I thought just plain words could paint a better picture, then any picture ever could.
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Paul on 16 Feb 2014, 11:49

Beano Boy wrote:I had ,had a thought to enter a something too,but upon refection I just wanted to place this here instead.Everyone was subject to the hardships the Great War produced.In this I mean all Nations & all their people who took active part in it.Tracing my own Family History,it was this War that cause Utter Destitution for my Family at that time. My Mother was born in 1905,and her three Older Brothers and her Father marched off into the unknown where this Great War was concerned.Over by Christmas they all decleared!They never came back,all were killed for King and Country. The Reward for their Great Service to their Country was this,the Whole Family, 3 little girls with thier younger brother and their Mother,were all placed in the Workhouse. My Mother was there from the tender age of 11 years up until she was 16. The Harsh System of the Workhouse,lasted right up to 1948 in Great Britain.My Dear Mother Grace Liddy,never did get over it. So for many the Scars caused by this Great War go`s Very Deep. The use of metaphorical response is a very good idea,but sometimes it cannot be completely understood.Thats why I thought just plain words could paint a better picture, then any picture ever could.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I, for one, won´t be protraying the slaughter of the "great war" for a false ideal like patriotism, with a battle Scene or some such. My entry will be , as I´ve mentioned above, metaphorical and will, hopefully, deal with the true aspect of the war and by extension, all wars. ;-)
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Feb 2014, 15:36

Hi Paul,with deepest respect i was not wagging a naughty finger at you,and if i have stood on your toes in my comment here and have hurt your feelings,then i am truely sorry,that was never ever my intent to do so.i would never ever leval such a finger as that toward any member on this Great Forum.i am no patriot,but alas all those poor fellows in my own family certainly were who marched off to the very start of that Great War.As a very small time writer,and researcher of Book`s, i use the metaphor all the time and i was only pointing out many cannot see it or totally understand it......(Now to you Paul and other members and guests too.In English Lit i spotted the poor Black Man on the very first page of Great Expectations placed there by use of the Metaphor by the Old Master C Dickens,If you wish to see him pointed out to you,go on Kindle books on Amazon.You can view the first page there and at no cost.In the meantime i will place a Topic on the Book section of this Forum for anyone who wishes to see this most important person revealed on that first Page.Very few have seen him or the hidden theme in that Book,even though they have letters after thier name................Has anyone recognized the Mataphorical i here ? Perhaps blucher could ,but i ask him not to reveal its true meaning,and i realise others too who see it will not reveal it too,but they can send mail on this Forum if they wish. ) Once again Paul I ment not to imply anything nasty toward you or any other member,and I look with keen interest to what you are going to post. All the Best BB= Paul. PS With a name like mine I can not be all bad.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Paul on 16 Feb 2014, 16:24

Beano Boy wrote:Hi Paul,with deepest respect i was not wagging a naughty finger at you,and if i have stood on your toes in my comment here and have hurt your feelings,.

Not at all :-) ;-)
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Feb 2014, 16:50

Great news Paul. I was afraid I had.My other Topic on the book has been posted.
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 02 Sep 2014, 18:35

:oldman: So what´s the matter with the group build? Will it ever come to an end? I for my part have finished my work long long time ago.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Kekso on 02 Sep 2014, 18:44

I apologize for this Tomas... yes, you're right... we were very motivated when starting this but very few guys finished it. Activity on forum is very low despite new forum look and despite introducing larger scales. For example, there is more than 900 members but we only got 19 votes in last duel. Only 3-4 members visit chatroom on regular basis. I know I will be bad guy now but I'm no motivated to finish this GB in such conditions. But I'm open to any suggestions.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Emperor on 03 Sep 2014, 00:08

I am not motivated either...It didn't turned as I supposed it will...I expected HaT Austrians, they sent me Strelets, and they don't give the impression...Only good it was I brought dio on the place where battle was during celebration, everybody took picture...There was a lot of talking...It was an interesting day...
Emperor  

Return to Group Builds