Tutorials

Woodwork with class 4D

Posted by Paul on 16 Jan 2010, 18:41

So here´s a bit of woodwork lesson with Mr Johnson, you know the balding one who wears brown cord trousers and has a bit of spit permanently in the right hand corner of his mouth. Normally he takes 4B but Mr Tronce is off sick.

First I base coat the gun with black. The (copyrighted :-) ) cork contraption holding the wheels ids made using a big fat darning needle. The tapering ends, both eye and point, seem to fit most every type of wheel.

Then the whole thing, apart from the metal bits, gets a rough of middle brown with a slight dab of black mixed in.

The same brown, this time without black, dry brushed on. Followed by a mild dry brush of sand brown, finally the edges are given one last very slight dry brushing of sand brown with a smidge of white.

Piant up the metal bits with metallic Anthracite gloss, (acryllic), pop the wheels on, if some areas look a bit too light, then a very watery wash with the middle brown (with no black or white added), if they look too dark, then a very watery wash with sand brown.

Mr Johnson has gone out for a crafty fag with Mr White the english teacher, so we can all start messing about again :-) :-)
The headmistress, Mrs Caruthers is looking for eager Pupils to add thier homework about thier weekends wittling. :-) :-)
Paul  China

Posted by zzed on 17 Jan 2010, 11:36

excellent job, Paul!

and great tutorial too...

thnx
zzed  Croatia

Posted by Peter on 17 Jan 2010, 14:22

zzed wrote:excellent job, Paul!

thnx

I'll second that :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by monty on 17 Jan 2010, 14:24

Peter wrote:
zzed wrote:excellent job, Paul!

thnx

I'll second that :thumbup:

i'll third that :-D :thumbup:
monty  United Kingdom

Posted by Alanus on 17 Jan 2010, 22:29

Thanks Paul - this is really helpful. I love the idea for painting the wheels. Would certainly use it if it wasn't copyrighted ;-)
Alanus  Australia

Posted by Valion on 18 Jan 2010, 11:55

Thank you SO MUCH !!!

This one is highly appreciated ! :thumbup:

Gruß,
Marc.
Valion  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Tutorials