Tutorials

scratch - building with BB

Posted by Bluefalchion on 17 Aug 2021, 03:01

How I love this project! Those tiny Wild Bill books are top notch Paul!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Susofrick on 17 Aug 2021, 09:40

Agree totally with Aaron! Read A LOT of Buffalo Bill-comics when I was a kid. And Captain Miki and the Cisco Kid and so on. Your library is already great, it is just getting greater!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Aug 2021, 11:12

Thank you Bluefalchion, and Gunnar your comments warmed my heart of appreciation. i had thought should i post them or not? So nostalgia once more counts as something good upon this happy Forum. :eh: It Do? :mrgreen: It sure does Wingnut.

Moving on with another idea...

This commemorative postcard of William the Duke of Normandy and his link with Jersey and England of the present and of old is ideal to convert into a tiny book cover.

:coffee: Now i must carry on with my hum drum day of dreaming.
So until the next one stay safe,
and yes you know it's coming,
help others if you can. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Dad's Army on 19 Aug 2021, 13:26

I love this book topic, even better I think I am going to produce some as well.
I have a bit problems with my printer, so pictures will follow later, but you're a real bookmaster Paul!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Aug 2021, 04:38

Thank you Remco. :thumbup:
Well in reply i can say this topic of book facsimile is one of the oddest yet to leap upon the Forums blank page. i am pleased with the influx of daily visits here,and the worldwide response and like Alice of old i seem to have fallen into a dolls house activity because of the flood of friendly e-mails from that type of colourful quarter.

Later i can make reduced in size books with turning pages for my Great Grand Children as i have already collected printed out bundles of bright wing flip over pages. :coffee: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 20 Aug 2021, 13:24

Paul, what a gift! I copied and pasted your story about the book never returned into a file. It's now a four-page amazing tale, intense and occasionally touching. I have shared it to my family. Thanks!
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Aug 2021, 00:13

Many thanks Mr Andrea, you are most welcome to my free storybook tale, that took over a span of 67 years to pass before i wrote of it here. It was and still is a part of my book learning beginning.

i therefore place it firmly in public domain. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Aug 2021, 13:45

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=24974&p=275464#p275462

That novel idea of having extra fun can lead one into a rather big adventure. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 27 Aug 2021, 17:11

Beano Boy wrote: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=24974&p=275464#p275462

That novel idea of having extra fun can lead one into a rather big adventure. BB

It means that this tutorial is very inspirational! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 27 Aug 2021, 19:20

Beano Boy wrote: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=24974&p=275464#p275462

I told you the books where on his way: "I love this book topic, even better I think I am going to produce some as well." And it was fun to make, as a sort of tribute to your work my friend ;-)

Thanks for your scratch ideas, I wish I would be as good like you are Paul!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Sep 2021, 13:11

https://youtu.be/d-0i3CPSZ7o

Scratch building became a huge part of my life after becoming disabled 37 years ago,i like many before and after me served their country and at this dark time i remembered the music i used upon my musical video a few years ago.
It is America Aspiring! The work displayed is unimportant to me so i shut my eyes and just listened. i hope you like the backbone of this music, it being having loyal steadfast courage for all those standing at your side? BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by MABO on 04 Sep 2021, 08:04

Thanks for sharing the video. A very individual presentation of this famous battle. But most of all a great show of your huge amount of painted figures. I am deeply impressed! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Sep 2021, 19:23

A little Tip.
There are many ways to find pictures, and of classic open book covers on line, but some are bearing a makers mark, a water mark logo! You can if you wish click onto it and choose google search for the original picture, there in lays the same public domain picture anyone can copy for use. Including those that sell them. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Sep 2021, 00:26

Here i am again after taking time out for the School summer holiday period.

Mrs B was kind enough to buy a new non slip safety ruler for my scratch-building endeavours to come. It is always good to talk in my own chosen way of hobby shop safety.

I highly recommend this type of safety ruler because it has channel which avoids fingers and thumbs flying off in all directions.

Showing the side measurements only.

So as i chill out in my old time family comfort zone,the card was marked out completely for the purpose of mass production.

So after turning the card the first line was drawn down that will provide me with four sides for shelving units.

Image :eh: Mistake

Everything was to be cut free hand along the edge of my new metal ruler, with my often not to friendly craft knife. Which is always a clear and present danger.
Even i make mistakes, and i believe in showing them too. As always i use the highest quality Picture Framers Paper Card. Covid19 has sure pushed the price up on all types of paper card products. However i always buy in bulk so saved 50 pence on each sheet. Well yes it is only pennies true,but it all helps out at the end of a fair trading day on E Bay.

The few begin to be sliced off. :mrgreen: It sure is cutting edge eyeballing stuff.

Making small things,means the stack is very cost effective as it slowly mounts up. And here are the first parts that will be upright sides for a combination of 34 book shelves. So my library will evolve in more ways than one.
:sst: hopefully with a few surprises along the way.
:cowboy: You mean unexpected surprises ? :mrgreen: Yes. :eh: Or even more mistakes?
:read: I think lots of spring loaded books will be flying about, everywhere.
:coffee: OK,as i sip my coffee,i hope you all have a productive happy day. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 14 Sep 2021, 19:29

Go on Paul, with drinking coffee! :-D

Can I borrow Tom Clancy's Clear and present danger book please? ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 15 Sep 2021, 09:30

I think this is my favourite library (Remco's comes as second)! I think you will need a library account to borrow books from the library, but since Paul is who he is I don't think there will be any problem.
Susofrick  Sweden

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Sep 2021, 18:02

It was only along with the tick tock of time,that so many pictures of universal kind did find their outward looking place upon such a broad beamed printed collection of so many authors dreams.

All freehand cut parts have been scribed out using a Bic Pen,and these are all ready to paint before gluing anything up. :mrgreen: BB covered in glue again will make his day.

i might lightly drybrush these later...

Before i stick the shelves into slotted place. :mrgreen: If you are hard to impress please don't read that which lies below. :eh: I'll read it ,declared the caustic disgruntled Wingnut. :sst: he'll not understand it anyway. Mentioned the clever little button.

:coffee: Not being confined to Kit bashing, all may not be as it apparently Seems to appear, As Shaped things often change direction in my jobby hobby pass-time of keeping my head as sound as ever. :shock: ! :shock: ! :shock: ! :shock: ! :shock: i'm not shocked.

:mrgreen: Being a Hatter helps. :eh: It do, than there is still hope for me?
:coffee: Being an Old Boy from The Norman School, i am a rare Hatter with fixed winged dagger i do believe.

Thank you Gunnar,you certainly know of many a room filled with books.

Hi Peter,
The coffee,has a true story attached to it,
but perhaps i'll leave that for another time.
4 one and all of U out there, take care and stay safe. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Michael Robert on 20 Sep 2021, 18:17

BB
Whé you first started I some books. Now you have a big library. All classics including BB classics are in. Seems as if you have sculpted the National Library. Not far off. Last time I was in an old library was Trinity College of Dublin. Please add book of Kells
You have no limits
Greetings
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Sep 2021, 12:18

No religious books are included in this topic Michael, but i am most respectful of you, and your comment and question. :thumbup:

However there are lots more stuff planned that will be included, if i can survive with a smile that which lurks close by beyond my front door. As it does everyone's home and castle.

Best regards to all who read this. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Sep 2021, 13:18

While having a lazy quiet o'll day in spite of it being an early active fresh in the face new one, i thought i'd fetch down the plastic bag that hung upon one of my cast iron ornate coat hangers. And so it was that i fetched it letting it settle down while finding its own loose level upon my little work table, that is always feeling comfy warm when slid below my easy chair, or placed in this case by the bright window of mid day.
i also found the sleeping cottage that did lay beneath the flat oblong fitted to the wall t v,and both not in use were snoring away in their very own silence of sleepy dreams.

Something inside the scratch build had been based loosely upon Mr Triggles, old cast iron fireplace. So i removed the lift off roof and fetched it out after removal of the top floor. It was as simple as removing any a lid off a see through box, because that is precisely what it is.

Some of you might remember that sharp cutting edge point that damaged me old finger,but of course most of you may not?? However with the mention of it, that topic can be found way back upon the first page of this topsy turvy journal.

:coffee: I decided to refit the book shelves with individual loose fitting books, and with this fresh decking out undertaken, give the scene a bit of a bellowing lift.

:eh: That sounds like full sails BB. :mrgreen: In reply the always grinning Mr Green asked, Well Wingnut, remember the old cottage had a salty sea 'Aye Aye Captain' timbered floor fitted from the break up of that awesome classed French Corvette Unite a highly prized Pirate Ship? :coffee: It sure did. :sst: h m s, that was really a 1796 surprise! Mentioned the Little Button. :read: Very true,but that's another alternative universe story. Replied the well read over active munching Bookworm.
:cowboy: Sure is another mystery Pards. said the cowboy,now wearing fairly new comfy U S A woolly socks.

Sir Percy,just like myself is a wee bit untidy where stacking books neatly is concerned, but afterwards he calmly, collectedly, coolly asked for a nice fireside rug and his easy chair? i reminded him that the room is only Three inches wide.= 7.62 Centimetre.
i will c what can be done but not just now.

:coffee: As another season swings ever closer
Stay safe out there and help others if you can. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to Tutorials