Tutorials

scratch - building with BB

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Apr 2021, 02:08

Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Apr 2021, 02:12

Sorry guys i'm having trouble with my PC,it keeps cutting out. A failed update caused this problem.i hope to be on line again soon. It is my blueprint of my water-wheel. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Apr 2021, 03:20

:read: Once upon a time in the flat marshy fenland of East Anglia, it was there a little plump fellow living the best possible way that he could was beginning to make cut up and away books that would open up to reveal ripping yarns.
:eh: Is there no end to this compulsive disorder? :mrgreen: Nope!
:sst: two samples have been made up.

Smallish Book Covers, leading in headway direction to a few of my tiny wee books!

:coffee: My new PC, is out of its box,and although i decorated the top of it with a few pieces from the toy box, it was my dear Mrs B, that ran her magic fingers upon my keyboard in regulated style and got me on Line again.Applause! Applause! Indeed. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Bluefalchion on 18 Apr 2021, 04:05

It seems my idle jest regarding .25 cm high books that actually open has turned into challenge accepted.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Apr 2021, 19:00

The smallest book that i have ever seen.

Sir Percival Nots G Nivil a Doctor of Archaeology and Mathematics
is a discoverer of strange new worlds :eh: Time Traveler!

The journal he has tucked under his arm was used to scale each of the Bookcases.

The open book cover with the spine running down the centre is what is needed for more individual folded books. i guess Gunnar could help me? :mrgreen: After all he is The Librarian!

:coffee: i hope upon this brief note that it finds you all well, and full of the activity of life. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Apr 2021, 19:14

This endeavour inspired by Bluefalchion! :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bluefalchion on 19 Apr 2021, 19:58

I suppose I will have to guard my words carefully going forward, but then again, it might be more fun just to throw caution to the wind.

Posted by Graeme on 19 Apr 2021, 23:54

Beano Boy wrote:My new PC, is out of its box,and although i decorated the top of it with a few pieces from the toy box, it was my dear Mrs B, that ran her magic fingers upon my keyboard in regulated style and got me on Line again.Applause! Applause! Indeed. BB

Where would BB Be without Mrs. B? Glad you're back online Paul, well done Mrs. B.

The little book is fabulous, it may be the smallest book you've ever seen but I'm sure it contains some very tall tales.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Peter on 20 Apr 2021, 08:22

Bluefalchion wrote:I suppose I will have to guard my words carefully going forward, but then again, it might be more fun just to throw caution to the wind.

I'm wondering what glasses you need to read that wonderfull tiny book? :shock: ;-) :thumbup:

Did I say something about glasses? :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Apr 2021, 15:09

i am taking time out due to illness, before processing more little books.
i had my second Covid vaccination three days ago,and i am so ill.
It upset all my old war wounds i collected throughout my long intrepid life.
Counting my rich blessings, i still have a very unsound head and fun filled typing finger! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by pedro on 24 Apr 2021, 16:31

Beano, I wish you a speedy recovery, we need your advice and your tutorials. I learn a lot from your posts and you are a true source of inspiration.
pedro  Spain

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 24 Apr 2021, 20:39

I also wish a speedy recovery BB!
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Apr 2021, 21:19

Thank you guys, your comments mean a lot. :thumbup: :thumbup:
The proverbial saying of my service days," No pain no gain",
rings truer now as indeed it did before. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 27 Apr 2021, 12:02

I remember few years ago when you told us that your eyes aren't as good as before... and now you're making book like that :shock:

I wish you speedy recovery as well :thumbup:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Apr 2021, 01:16

Yes Dalibor,i have very poor eyesight now. Both eyes burst into a galaxy of floaters,over 3 years ago ,if you know what i mean?

:sst: i am sure some might know what bb, means?

i believed at that time, that i was going blind,well it felt like both eyes were loose and could not focus, but no. As the weeks turned into a month or more eventually that part of my brain that governs sight, could see past all the tiny stars ,and the galaxy vanished, but alas not the large floaters.

At the hospital i saw a very fat hobbit sitting upon a high chair in a dark closet of a broom cupboard, and after examination he the little fellow from India reassured me that there was no damage that would cause blindness and that my eyes would recover slightly.

i bought a load of cheap spectacles from China, off E Bay way back before the year of the Bat hit Britain and the rest of the world. They helped me to see up close. A combination of a pair of those plus my visor with two thick glass lenses before me, has helped me do tiny stuff. :mrgreen: Of course our BB,is all fiddle de dee thumbs and trembling fingers which does create a spectacle of fun filled laughter!

:coffee: To be able to laugh at ones own afflictions is a jolly good way to break a few of me ribs.

Percy views the little ,'Alice Through The Looking Glass Book.'

LINK BELOW
https://i.imgur.com/4YbTkgm.mp4 Smoke gets in your eyes

i have always been able to put theory into practice, but after so many years of daffodils and oranges that have passed me by,i have slowed down but oddly my fresh ideas have not. Very frustrating indeed. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Bluefalchion on 28 Apr 2021, 03:18

No matter how long I watch, I can't seem to get tired of seeing your magnificent little fireplace bookcase.

I am glad you persevere through each of those difficulties to share with us your wonderful creations.

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Apr 2021, 04:41

Thank you Bluefalchion, It is as live as i can make it. As each stage is photographed on the day and posted out straight away. The cutting edge of failure i call it, like when i developed a new way into sci fi fantasy moulding.

https://youtu.be/2i5QAwuER-Y

Which is another form of scratch building fun from my yesteryear. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 28 Apr 2021, 22:10

You have to ask Mrs BB to downsize the glasses. They are to big! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 02 May 2021, 07:16

I hope you are really feeling better now after your vaccination. So you can go on posting astonishing pictures of your modelling factory.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 May 2021, 01:29

Yes Jan i am feeling much better now, and have been working throughout my days since last Saturday the first of this new month. i wonder what May will bring us here in the United Kingdom with the herding let out? It sure was a spectacular display on my part upon that far off day Peter. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to Tutorials