Tutorials

needful things i need elsewhere

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Sep 2019, 11:58

............................................... :winky: BITS & PIECES

:cowboy: This reminds me of me right Ard days in Folsom Prison, and all for stealing a pair of woolen socks from WOOLLIES. :mrgreen: Yes very true, but you did have the days takings stuffed full up to e`m brim in those socks ? :sst: the judge summed up, This is not correct or acceptable behaviour, 10 years hard labour on the rock quarry. :cowboy: Gulp!

:coffee: R i do so miss WOOLWORTHS, i liked their slabs of cake cut to my required size. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Sep 2019, 03:05

.................................................... :winky: BB`s PAINTING

While looking at pictures like these i can picture the river even now just flowing by upon a whisper of a pleasant breeze, with my Late Brother Ron,a fishing in his favoured quiet evening spot.

:mrgreen: Any ideas upon making the wet stuff would be most welcome.
:coffee: Please remember i only have a budget of 45 Pence for a river that`s 15 foot deep.

i found painting bricks of all sizes very relaxing indeed. It felt rather good using my small painting brushes again.

........................................................ :winky: SCRATCH BUILDINGS

:eh: Cut wive a very blunt butter knife. :mrgreen: yes i kinda like that Wingnut.

i enjoyed painting every brick-like piece individually,
so much so that i began to paint the remains of some very odd unfinished buildings too.
Here at the bottom of the end wall slight repairs had been carried out in the dimming distant past.

Nothing to complicated about the rooftops they are of old overlaid medieval lead.
:sst: out of a paint tin simply made from shiny tin. :eh: tin, tin.

And so it came to pass while the Sun looked through my rather busy workshop window,that another Olde style building had, had its windows fitted simply by overlaying the front piece over and onto another that had the numbered window slits cut out before hand.

:coffee: Many thanks for the hundreds now looking in onto this topic,
and my others besides and i hope you visit again soon. I`m in most days posting whatever. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Sep 2019, 00:35

Image Looking down i c

................................ :winky: CHIMNEY POTS OF COCK-A-HOOP, GLEEFUL FUN

:mrgreen: Good old Winky is here with another fun time title. :eh: I wish i could do that?
:sst: behave yourself and bb, might well consider it wingnut?

The glue not yet quite dry was however tacky enough to thumb and finger for this display of paper and glue. It took 4 hours to make however that did also involve raising the stonework level using glue.It`s a very cheap and affordable thing to do and is a large part of creating something hobby-wise enjoyable and new.
The top head of stone made from paper card has been stuck on as indeed the lead flashing has and it is this which will give a solid wide area of strength when it is glued into place upon this roof.

Although not yet stuck on the top roof section of stone has been prepared for glue and painting.
There are another six stone parts to cut out and prepare for fixing into place later and these will help draw the whole tiny thing together for any wondering eye.

i made four pots, but the odd number of 3 looked the best for any eye taking time out to look upon such a slow approaching near completed scene.

The simple to make chimney will peep up and over the stone ridge line of this roof of medieval lead from the back of this squeezed in building. However although it being the case hopefully it will look OK on the HO OO layout it was designed for.

There is a bottom section of this place yet to make.

Image Yes i c

...................................... :eh: CHATEAU KROWDRAH

:coffee: Is upon the rise. :winky: Have i been sacked BB?
:coffee: Certainly not Winky,i have in mind far greater things for you.
:eh: U mean,i`m lumbered with this pushing in Title part now?
:coffee: :cowboy: :sst: :winky: :read: yip! They all said in total agreement.

:sst: the moral of this is :mrgreen: What you wish for :cowboy: Might well come true.

Until next time, this has been Beano Boy
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Sep 2019, 16:58

.................................................. :eh: HELPFUL ADVICE NEEDED

:coffee: So i called in some new, old figures, that might well fit the advice bill.

Image Yes, yes.we agree with BB.

Dapol helpers.

:cowboy: Raising the roof in more ways than one. :eh: What on earth is going on?
:mrgreen: Well most certainly a something is ongoing. :winky: The wedge of card shows how the roof is to be slightly raised and a stonework channel for water run off is to be set into place.
:coffee: Thank you Winky. The medieval channel will jut out from the bottom of the roof , and a run off hole either side of each end wall will spout it out and away. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 17 Sep 2019, 19:31

My advice: let them wear safety belts! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Sep 2019, 01:10

:coffee: I`m going to paint these.

.............................. :eh: GUTTERS & FACADES
..... :eh: All This Pushing On Titles is Very Ard BB.

;-) But you`ve got the top job Wingnut.

:mrgreen: It looks a shambles in Mrs B`s Kitchen.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :drool: This will never do. They all said in utter disbelief.

........................................ :eh: BB`s CRASH BANG WALLOP !

The reason being i needed a high point to work from, as i had a fall a few days ago and my ribs took a bashing on my left side. Thankfully nothing broken though. The free fall was easy, the hard part was getting back up. i cannot bend at present but just wanted to fix this little effort into place. :sst: so it has to be standing up toy making display time today. Mentioned the little button.

Image No need for harness.

These two guys are ex paratroopers and the year in question is 1949.
:coffee: And little i had just arrived.

The white of the p v a glue can be seen above, and i will be pleased when these two gutters are fixed into place.

The Facades are cut out and stuck onto another piece of scrap card. It looks a mess but i hate wasting stuff just because i have cut into it and pen and inked upon it. Paint will cover a multitude of doodles.

ImageYes these will do.

Raising the stone.

One side is started.

:coffee: i`ll do the other side a little later.
:cowboy: BB, now content to have achieved a little hobby something :sst: then typed this in his favourite forum spot. and tired out yawned.
:mrgreen: And so it was BB, toddled off to his bed of hopeful happy dreams!
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 18 Sep 2019, 08:02

Looks very nice! And if you follow Peter's advice they can't run away when you start to paint them. They'll scream and fuzz a little, but just until the paint have dried! Looking very much forward to see them painted!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Graeme on 18 Sep 2019, 14:35

Beano Boy wrote:Paint will cover a multitude of doodles.

Just like real houses, paint and plaster hide all sorts of things. :mrgreen: I love this Chateau it is becoming a very beautiful and elegant building. :thumbup:

I hope your feeling better soon, bashed ribs are no fun because they hurt when you laugh. :(
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Sep 2019, 17:48

.................................................. :eh: THE INTERLUDE

Those soar ribs just love it too when i have to sneeze!
:coffee: Yes i feel much better. How it happened was classic, one leg and foot wanted to stride a pace, and the other leg and foot wanted to stay put where they were.
:sst: the end result was one over sized bouncing bb, rolling ,bowling tip over tail the entire length of the hallway. ;-) All 27 foot of it.
:coffee: i am glad i remembered the parachute roll as i hit the stone floor ending up near the back door.However before doing that wonder i kinda bounced off a wooden chair sending it a flying into next week.
:cowboy: That Mega Jumbo Pack of Super Marshmello`s BB, had scoffed earlier sure lessened the hurtling impact as he hit the door with a thud!
:eh: i had never seen such a bouncing before.
:mrgreen: i thought BB, was laying flat out against the back door to stop the draft!
:-D That`s quite funny. :read: Wherever would BB, be, without us smillies to cheer him up?

:coffee: All in all,i guess it to be some kind of adventure? And one well worth writing about. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Sep 2019, 18:56

Tut tut Me, it should read SORE! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Sep 2019, 20:19

.........................................................:eh: BB`s TIPS OF THE DAY, and i`m puffed out.

:mrgreen: He, he, heeeee. Good on ya Wingnut.
:winky: :cowboy: :coffee: They all agreed , He`s doing a great job of pushing on the Titles!

The change with adding the gutter i think needed doing , and as the new day sailed into plain view, the masonry above the upper windows on both sides needed building up by adding strips of paper card. Five pieces either side had to be set into place to help support this extra added overhanging structure and the stone facade above it. Each strip was well mortared over with thick glue and allowed to dry tacky before pushing it into place. This keeps the glue in place without squeezing to much out from the edges. Working with such glue can be rather messy and most certainly it is a sticky process.

A little tip is if you have it on your fingers just rub your hands together for a few seconds and it will dry quickly and then work can proceed, without the ever increasing need to wash ones hands raw and sore.

Now i know many prefer squeezing white glue out fresh from a bottle. i do not. I decant my p v a glue into a small tub and it dehydrates slightly leaving me with a thicker glue that i can work with, without it running all over the place. Building up stone or even brickwork is made much easier using this my preferred way. Anyway that is a little tip, and the reason for the photograph above. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Sep 2019, 22:44

.............................................. :eh: A Slight Change of Chimney.

i stood a standing in Mrs B`s Kitchen again today and made a little mess, but not much.

As seen i made a slimmer chimney,
but one that would be a standard size to stand three pots a standing.

:winky: Yes three pots stood a standing.
:mrgreen: This makes me think of the five gold rings sing along song.

Tiles will be fitted running down each end walls apex top,
and then all those changes made will be painted in full.
The next thing to make are the front leading steps to this little o`II lift off top place.
So this is nearing completion in a hope scotch make do way.
:coffee: Always very nice to have you visit me here. i`m in most day. So long for now BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Sep 2019, 06:36

In the photograph above there is a pencil line on the top slab that makes it look like the chimney pots are off center and pushed to one side. That doodle line looks like the edge of the paper card.However this is an illusion caused by that line and the cameras eye being fooled! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2019, 13:12

.........................................:winky: Reinforcement Brackets

....................................... :cowboy: for Underneath the Bridge

:sst: and so it was after a break do to his shaking hands bb, drew up,cut out,and glued the riveting into place. :mrgreen: Still a shaking!

:cowboy: The top sections were stuck onto the bridge supports , :sst: after the insides were re-stuffed with toilet paper. :mrgreen: it`s sound proofing to avoid weird noise from empty boxes.

:coffee: i hope to show more painted results soon. BB

:sst: i think green ? :eh: Eh? :mrgreen: I think black? :eh: Eh!
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Marvin on 13 Oct 2019, 19:56

Shaking hands or no, your work continues to inspire and astound! :yeah:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2019, 21:57

:-D Brackets stuck into place.

:mrgreen: Paper card of course.

:cowboy: Splish Splash! :sst: the underside is shiny black.

:coffee: Time out 4 T. C U Guys Later. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2019, 22:10

A big thank you Marvin :thumbup: i can but try.

i am nearing the stage were the final gluing up process of my railway bridge can begin. Work upon landscaping the large base will soon start .
:coffee: So that sure stirs my flight of fancy. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 14 Oct 2019, 09:22

Agree with Marvin! It is always a joy to see what you do!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 14 Oct 2019, 20:59

I agree as well. I have already posted that on one of this great topics you started.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Oct 2019, 00:48

....................................... :winky: BB`s BIG TIME GLUING UP

:mrgreen: And in Mrs B`s Kitchen. :eh: Eh!
:shock:! :shock: ! :shock: ! :shock: All the Smillies were totally shocked!
:read: As indeed you might be too, because BB, has a tendency of spreading into other areas of this little place that is truly bulging out at the very seams.

:cowboy: Well Pard`s, plastic bags were spread out underneath
in case that darn sticky glue oozes out.

:coffee: The P V A Glue,was allowed to dry out tacky-like and then the stone supports were pressed into place. :sst: upon contact instant sticking power and with no fear of parts slipping . :mrgreen: Books were piled onto them giving them a real tight squeeze. :read: Duly entered in this journal,` Two Railroaders popped in to oversee this tight squeeze tacky part of the Honey Well Line.'

Thank you Jan, Gunnar,Marvin :thumbup: and all you guys out there who are looking in. :thumbup: The entire bridge has been painted green and will be placed on the next page of free expression to be posted here. BB

................................................. :winky: Emotive Post Script
................... :eh: it`s only an Add. Replied Wingnut, who has yip, found his voice.

:coffee: Remember anyone with a mind full of playful fun who is adult enough to join Benno`s Figure Forum can do so :sst: free of charge. :coffee: If you have something to offer, i`m sure we would like to see it.
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to Tutorials