Tutorials

Single figure bases

Posted by Kekso on 05 Jul 2015, 12:08

Hi guys... not much of a tutorial... more like an idea. This morning I found some old game with letters and words. Single letter looks too small for 1/72 cavalry figure but great for single infantry one. It is 24 x 24 milimeters and 7 milimeters thick. I'm not a wargamer so I'm not sure if that would "fit" into any of wargaming rules but I will try to base some figures with it.

Sorry for poor photo (taken with my mobile) but you'll get an idea what it looks like.

Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Jul 2015, 12:29

A bright idea,Dalibor.
When working on such stuff us Brits,like to leave certain letters for short breaks in between the work.
Yes, we love our T Breaks! BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ochoin on 05 Jul 2015, 22:48

Kekso wrote:Hi guys... not much of a tutorial... more like an idea. This morning I found some old game with letters and words. Single letter looks too small for 1/72 cavalry figure but great for single infantry one. It is 24 x 24 milimeters and 7 milimeters thick. I'm not a wargamer so I'm not sure if that would "fit" into any of wargaming rules but I will try to base some figures with it.

Sorry for poor photo (taken with my mobile) but you'll get an idea what it looks like.

Different wargames rules are pretty prescriptive about base size: eg medium infantry in FoG-R are 3 figures on 60 X 30mm rectangular bases etc.

Rules that have individually based figures might work but coins or washers normally do the trick; particularly if you have 60 or 200 figures to base the same way.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Kekso on 05 Jul 2015, 22:52

Thanks Donald ;)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Tutorials