The best way I find to mix a big batch up is in view now. I mix the Corn Flour with the Baby Powder,then sepperate it into two parts. Then The Silicone is completely squeezed out on top. The other powdered stuff is then spooned on top. I flour my hands and mix it up and add the Baby Oil as I do so. Keeping dusting my hands with flour saves the stuff from sticking to my fingers on mass,but of course there is some that do stick,but it easily pulls off and is poked into the silicone rubber dough in the process of mixing. I tried wearing rubber gloves,which made it impossible to mix the stuff because it stuck fast to each finger,and it just stretched out the fingers of each glove as I tried to work the stuff. It was so funny trying to remove both my hands from the gloves and at the same time remove the silicone from those gloves.
Mixing Silicone up for the moulds. Mrs B, puts up with all of my antics of eccentricities ,that are at times on this project amusing rather than irritating.
I decided to save some money by not filling the complete large mould with rubber,because I intended to make an odd side that would be filled with 10p worth of Plaster of Paris,which saved me about a £1.00 in British money. So the steps were covered well with the rubber,and then after it had cured,I filled the rest of the box up with the plaster.
Because this is rather a deep box I found that a few minutes after the pour poking small indentations into the plaster allows for water that rises to the top to well up into them,and using a paper kitchen towel its easy to just stick into these nice wet water spots and soak the stuff up. So the plaster set much quicker.
The smaller mould has the small steps inside it.
Soon the Patterns were removed and both moulds were cast up. The tops were levelled off before the plaster set to hard. I saved money by simply using a piece of styrene card to form the flat bottom to the steps. Selotape held it in place.
Everything is working out fine, and I`ll show the results later. BB