Mrs B,said "Why not buy them ",so I did .100 Lego Bricks on E bay. Price £15.49
Below.I`m using black stuff this time.Well they sent the wrong stuff,but its still 100% Silicone so onward with the project. I`ve thumbed it into the mould, and cut and leveled it off by using an old dinner knife.
___________________THE NEXT DAY________________
It was while I took this photo that I realised I`d missed out a vital important thing in the process of mould making I could kick myself because. OH! NO! NO! IT CANT BE? YIP! IT CAN! I forgot to brush on the parting oil which allows the two half`s of the mould to separate. Big, Big Mistake!
"BB`s, in a fix all right,and I`m just a wondering,How on earth is going to get the moulds apart and release the Patterns? This mixture is cured ,and both moulds are hard as a Dunlop Tyre ! "
Well guys first things first,the Lego Bricks are removed and lay soaking in hot soapy water. Now what I have are to solid blocks of rubber ,and I`ve got to have a stab at getting them parted enough to remove the Patterns.
No one can accuse me of not making durable rubber for moulding because it took ages using the tools in the picture to hack my way in just enough to get my thumb into a cut that had been wedged open with a spoon. Finally after about half an hour I`d prized apart a seam in both moulds and the Patterns popped out OK because of the flexibility of my home spun mix of rubber.
Never being one to look defeat in the face and give up, I am going to use these moulds come hell or high water.
Talking of water ,the moulds are going to soak in very hot soapy water, and I mean very hot water, and Soap!Soap ! And more Soap!
That is before Mrs B,returns home ,and sees just how much of the stuff I`m using.Well This will get rid of the oil on the one open sided moulds. Boiling water now, what more proof does anyone need to have concerning making your own stuff. (The Silicone Craft Stuff £30.00 for a small Tub.It would have cost £60 for my two moulds. I made them for £10.00 ) True I had a tuff fight getting the Patterns out,but the next two will be perfect and that is a promise.
Funny really ,and laughing to my Mrs B, I tried to mention between side splitting giggles ,"That I`d planned to distress the castings, but ended up distressing the mould. Along with two bent knives and one sorry looking spoon!"
My Tutorials Good or Otherwise, I honestly always am quite ready to show my mistakes,and failings. The important thing is we all can learn from them. The Lego is a brilliant tool to use,and they`ll soon dry and will be used likewise again. I`ll cast the moulds up later and then let you see the result. BB