It being a nice sunny day,I thought I`d set about making some very cheap Garden Hedges,but I didn`t want to make them using a messy method. I`ve far to much mess to clear up now as it is,so had no wish to add to it.
Everyone knows what these are. 99p Shop!
I removed the abrasive stuff,and saved it for other uses. Then cut the sponge in two nice size pieces,and because I don`t have a Buzz Saw! I plucked out bits and pieces from one piece with a pair of large size Tweezers. 10 min`s work! Top`s! All this while clearing up the waste at the same time.
"Yes,this will suit my purpose just right, Mrs B," I said as She ,prepared to set out upon here first Dog walk of the day. " Good! See Ya later. Bye! " The door closed.
I set to,and fetched my wire out of the draw,and cut a length off.
I Poked it right through from one end to the other.
Then I bent the whole thing into a nice right angle.
"Not a bit of mess," I thought," Mrs B, will be so surprised!
It was always my intention not to over wet this sponge, because it would take an age and a half to dry out, and so,with two good dip`s of P V A Glue,with my large brush. A little water added to it, with a tiny drop of Washing up Liquid, and then with two good dip`s of dark Brown Emulsion Paint added,all was well stired up perfectly for the job in hand. Painting a dark base coat slowly,a dab at a time. Watered down Green,and P V A Glue,or what ever colour I wish to use next,will be added later. This process which takes a few brief minutes to make will dry quite hard in its own good time.
Finally it can just be glued in place in a quiet corner of Mr Triggles Garden forming a nice hedge with shadowy contrast to it. This part is now drying nicely in the sunny part of the garden.
Op`s! I hope the Black Birds don`t nick it for Nest material! BB