Tutorials

My Photoshoot idea

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Feb 2015, 15:31

As you might well already know I take lots of photo`s of models and of certain things like scratch building projects,and I`m not into buying espensive things that are not really needed in my hobby work.
After working throughout the night,Typing other stuff,I then began to finish off a few model figures,and thought to take a few simple photo`s. After a while I began to reason out this pattern of how to construct a small photo shoot booth that would cost practically nothing to make. I hope some will like this idea.I also hope that it can be of benefit to others who wish to make this mock up eccentric item from things that most of us have in and around the house.

Step 1

A 4 size sheets of paper laid flat.

Step 2

A book is stood up like so.
( This is an old Diary of mine showing my design and paper work for a 15th century crossbow firing mechanism I worked on years ago. )

Step 3

blue tac applied like so to stop the pages from flipping open during the photoshoot. This stuff will not tear the pages.

Step 4

A few sheets of A 4 Size paper is placed like so,and it will form a nice rounded shape. It will stand up supported by the book,and will need no other fixings at all.

Step 5

Choose your subject,and take several shot`s.

( The outcome a much better picture this time. )

Another subject,this time a Saxon Toy Figure.

I must remember to dot his eyes.

Now coloured sheets or a simple picture could be added if needed for the ground or background. Further ideas I leave for those who wish to expand upon this simple but affective idea of mine.

Have Fun. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by KGV on 22 Feb 2015, 17:48

There is no 'like' button. So have a virtual like.
KGV  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Mar 2015, 12:22

I was quite staggered at the price of this portable photo studio price £175.50

The clip on light has to be bought separately.

My idea using a book and natural light could be arranged for a curved back quite easily by simply turning the book on its side,and support it from the back with another book. Or in this case the wall.

Shown as an example only this Conversion ongoing for French Campaign Egypt & Syria 1798 - 1801 .
A simple crude sun shade needs adding.

One can buy an awful lot of models for £175.50. Have fun guys i do. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to Tutorials