Tutorials

How to make rockets from pens

Posted by Gowan on 19 Mar 2012, 20:39

so do you want to know how to make this ;-)

well follow this not so simple tutorial.... but if you can understand this tutorail you'll see their not that hard to make :-D

step one select your pen and cut it down to size
I will be using the top pen. the one thing you must do first is cut it down to size... notice that the top white pen has some tfin like things just behind the nib... Cut it there.

Step 2 preparing to add the fins
right now you have you pen done it is time to add the fins... To do this find an old (prefereble washed) milk carten one of the plastic ones. You couls use anyother b\plastic sheet as long as it is rigid... Now cut the pen. I used a knife that I had heated up with a lighter to cut through the hard plastic. cut one side and then carry one through the other side so that there is a strait line through both the holes. then do the same on the same at a right angle to the previous cut...

step3 adding the fins
with the holes cut it is time to add the fins. simlpe cut 2 long bits of milk carten, try and get them wide enough to fit into the depth of the cuts but not over hanging so much that they look stupid. look at the image above if you want to know how wide to make them. next cut one of the plastic strips in half... now cut them to shape. look above for an idea of the shape. you can cut them any shape you want it is your rocket... Once you are pleased with the way it looks superglue the fins in.

step4 painting
now your rocket shold look something like this....but wait no it dosent it needs painting. Now I do not know much about rockets so I just did this humble colour scheme. but you can paint it any way you like.... But there is one tip for the tip... cover it in many layers of paint so that any remaining ink does not leak out and stain the colour.

and there you go now launch your little rockets into the sky and take over the world
I take no responsibility if you use this method to take over the world
Gowan  

Posted by Winttrix on 20 Mar 2012, 04:20

Great idea, reminds me of unguided systems used by the taliban ;-)
Winttrix  United States of America

Posted by Gowan on 20 Mar 2012, 06:57

Winttrix wrote:Great idea, reminds me of unguided systems used by the taliban ;-)

sorry I have to do this :(

top gear wrote:(after clarkson confuses the north and south koreans and says first it is cars next it will be nuclear warheads)
Clarkson- "well don't come complaining to me when they nuke your house"
james may- "why would the south koreans nuke hammersmith?"
Clarkson- "because they are using american guidance systems"
james may nods in approval
crowd laughs :lol: :lol: :lol:
croud aplauds :roll:

sorry but tartgeting skills is not the US armies strongest point :nono:
neither is this rockets strong point accuracy but anyway :tongue:
Gowan  

Posted by Winttrix on 20 Mar 2012, 08:11

Isn't that like the most non-PC show on TV :roll:

Posted by Gowan on 20 Mar 2012, 09:03

Winttrix wrote:Isn't that like the most non-PC show on TV :roll:

I do know worse :roll: sorry I proberly should not have posted that :oops: ... anyway hope that dosent put you off this tutorial ;-)
Gowan  

Posted by Winttrix on 20 Mar 2012, 22:35

No it dosen't; but you have to wonder about a show with a sizable wikipedia page just for its controversies :roll:

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Gowan on 20 Mar 2012, 23:50

Winttrix wrote:a sizable wikipedia page just for its controversies :roll:

most of those would be down to clarkson :nono: he is always getting into trouble for some sort of contrevercial comment... I think the only reason he and the show is still running is the huge following it has. it is one of the most widely viewed shows in the world :shock:

I apologize for my comment once again. I think it is down to how I was angered by what happened in a recent documentary where it was shown a hi-tech US guided bomb landes on it's own allies tank and killed many of their allied troops as well as their own :cry:

I am sorry, I know how important the military is to you. I myself look at the US army as a huge almost unstopable gaint, occassionaly we who have to look at it and respect it like to insult it just so we ourselves feel less weak :roll: a sentiment felt more so in the UK than in NZ. in NZ the army is seen as crap and the navy... worse. The airforce is laughed at...

so now I will finish on a lighter note. just to cheer you up Emmett. here is a joke that we have here in NZ. you will need to know one thing first. New Zealand sold all its sky hawk jets and now only has a few huey helicopters and orions (nz is getting newer helicopters though). also the air ambulence service in NZ is run by the bank westpac ;-)
"what will the airforce do if NZ is invaded"? :shock:
"send up the Westpac helicopters" :-D

ok not so much a joke but it is what we say at school :roll:
Gowan  

Posted by Winttrix on 21 Mar 2012, 00:26

Actually Gowan, the American SOF see the NZ SAS at least as some of the toughest soldiers in the world.

I was with Army SF, and we weren't going soft, but we paled next to the Kiwis!

That's from an operator in Afghanistan.

Posted by Gowan on 21 Mar 2012, 01:05

Winttrix wrote:Actually Gowan, the American SOF see the NZ SAS at least as some of the toughest soldiers in the world.

I never knew that :shock: . the SAS is good but I never knew how good the NZ one was... they only appear in the news when one of them is killed :cry: yet I stand bu my claim about the navy... they managed to beach a ship on a beach not so long ago :lol: :lol: why am I laughing they are the first line of defence :shock:
Gowan  

Posted by Winttrix on 21 Mar 2012, 01:21

Gowan, all the NZ SAS need to do to fight the Taliban is the haka :tongue:

Return to Tutorials