I never would have thought that I ever could win a painting competition.
And all by accident!
It was november and I had no intention to take part in this one, untill Remco pushed me to join this competition. That was at Crisis in Antwerp. There I bought this Ykreol set from Tom71 and started painting it. First Santa (wich went in duel with Paul), and then this entry. The stable took me 4 whole days to get it finished. The parts didn’t fit well, so it crashed two times!
The straw is made of cocos, and the groundcover of birthsand drybrushed with GW Graveyard Earth. The tree I bought at Crisis, and I gave it a brown drybrush and once a cover with Gryphonne Sepia wash. The leaves I didn’t touch.
So ladies and gentlemen I would like to thank a few persons:
- Remco for pushing me into this one
- Tom71 for selling me the set
- Thomas Dürrschmidt for explaining me how you groundcovers like this
- My wife and kids for letting me do this fine hobby
- All who voted for this entry
- And last but not least all who was in this competition, and special Bourbaki, as being a great runner up
@Paul and Mark: you didn’t?
@Paul, Maurice, Francesco, Mark and of course you to Dani; many thanks for your kind words
I try to post more pictures on Wednesday, but don’t expect close ups from the baby
. He’s so ugly!