Painting Competition

51st Painting Competition Winners

Posted by Peter on 26 Apr 2021, 18:06

First place:

Carnevale a Venezia – 20 mm by Kostis Ornerakis!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second place:

Big Brother – 28 mm by T. Dürrschmidt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third place:

The Persian wars – 20 mm by Konrad

Congratulations! :-D

The other contestants in the competition were:

Susofrick - The Last Farewell 32mm
Gardefar - Would you look at that 28mm
Michael Robert - Who has the biggest? 20mm
Peter - Infra at work 20mm
Bluefalchion - Würthenberg Artillery in winter 20mm

Thanks for joining! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by santifernandez on 26 Apr 2021, 18:11

Some really nice jobs and what to say about the winner, totally just victory.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 26 Apr 2021, 20:38

:-D Damn, the last round was really close…..

When I first saw the great Venezia-diorama, I knew that would be the winner! But in terms of armour and destructive power mine was better! ;-)

Cheers Thomas

Congratulations to all participants!
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Bluefalchion on 26 Apr 2021, 20:52

Thomas your Big Brother was wonderfully done. I think your entry would be a Golden Brush winner on most occasions.

But my goodness the Carnivale was brilliant. So obviously Kostis, because his style is all his own, but the lack of a hidden identity was of absolutely no consequence.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Santi Pérez on 26 Apr 2021, 21:32

All of them were great entries. :love: :love: :love:

Congratulations to all participants, specially to Kostis, T. Dürrschmidt and Konrad, masters among masters. Very well done, mates. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 26 Apr 2021, 21:36

Dear Peter, thank you for another beautifully organized competition! :notworthy:
Congratulations to all the participants for their excellent work! :notworthy:
Many thanks to the guys who voted for our 8 entries! :notworthy: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Ben90 on 26 Apr 2021, 22:08

Brilliant competition! I had some very tough decisions to make. Congratulations to the winner(s)!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Graeme on 27 Apr 2021, 05:29

Great entries from everyone; I had a couple of favourites but it was very hard work choosing between the others. Well done everyone!

Congratulations Kostis, Thomas and Konrad.

The sophistication and elegance of the painting in The Persian Wars meant that it was no great surprise to learn who painted it. Very nice scene.

When a subject I'm not really into catches my attention the way Big Brother did I know I'm seeing great painting; I also really liked the way the title was so fitting for the picture.

And Carnevale a Venezia is just sublime. The weathering of the buildings, the shading of the figures, and the realism of the plants are all exquisite. I knew this would be my choice for winner as soon as I saw it.

Now that the competition is finished I can ask Kostis the question I've been burning to ask; where is that wonderful scent hound from?
Graeme  Australia

Posted by MABO on 27 Apr 2021, 06:46

For me it was also clear from the very first time, who painted the winning entries. I think the "last farewell" was underrated. And Peter, you must explain what "Infra" means. Infrastructure?
No more words to say to the three winners. I was sure that the final would have been a duel between Costis and Thomas. And the carnival was a worthy winner, the painting is better than on the set. Fantastic job and another golden brush goes to Greece.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 27 Apr 2021, 08:10

That carnival was a great entry, but were lot of great entries as usual! And, as always, good job, Peter! By the way, my little humble entry is mostly in 32mm-scale, but the dogs are 1/72 and maybe we should go by them.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 27 Apr 2021, 08:44

Graeme wrote:Now that the competition is finished I can ask Kostis the question I've been burning to ask; where is that wonderful scent hound from?

Dear Graeme,
Some years ago I found a vignette called "Bella Venezia", painted by mr. Benedikt Widmann and sculpted by mr. Marcus Eckmann. I fell in love and wanted my own. :-D
Finally I found the figures and base at Jupiter miniaturas and the backround house at Scorpio models. ;-)
In my version I add a couple (Hecker Goros KSHG 251&253), and an Alex's girl (Valdemar VA181),
As usual some modification was made. (for example: KSHG 251 lady's head is on Jupiter's lady and the former received an Alex's head.)
I used photos from the web as a guide. :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Peter on 27 Apr 2021, 08:46

T. Dürrschmidt wrote: :-D Damn, the last round was really close…..

It sure was Thomas! :xd:

Kostis Ornerakis wrote:Dear Peter, thank you for another beautifully organized competition! :notworthy:
Congratulations to all the participants for their excellent work! :notworthy:
Many thanks to the guys who voted for our 8 entries! :notworthy: :-D

Thank you Kostis! But it is me that has to bow for you for your outstanding contribution in this competition! :notworthy: And after that we drink a :occasion:

MABO wrote: And Peter, you must explain what "Infra" means. Infrastructure?

It stands for "Infrastructure" indeed. There is a small story behind it, but that is for later. ;-)

Susofrick wrote:By the way, my little humble entry is mostly in 32mm-scale, but the dogs are 1/72 and maybe we should go by them.

I've changed it in the top post. That is what happens when you want to do it in a hurry. ;-)

Again my congrats to the brush winners and to all the contestants! :thumbup:

And to all of you start painting on your entries for the next competitions. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 27 Apr 2021, 11:33

There are so many nice comments... so I would only say congratulations this time ... I've enjoyed it and can't wait for next competition
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by lewton on 09 May 2021, 07:40

Congratulations to all the participants! That was a high level competition!
lewton  Greece

Return to Painting Competition