Painting Competition

50th Painting Competition Winners

Posted by Peter on 13 Jul 2020, 20:00

First place:

By Toutatis 20mm by Mr Andrea!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second place:

The Labyrinth 20mm by Kostis Ornerakis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third place:

Chemical Brothers 28mm by Kekso

AND

The horses are safe 20mm by Gardefar

Congratulations! :-D

The other contestants in the competition were:

T. Dürrschmidt - Hoth 20mm
Konrad - Little Romans 18mm
Susofrick - The Crimean Toe-step 20mm
Pieter - Britains Cowboys and Indians 54mm
Ben90 - The Dark Servant 28mm
Escobar - The battle of Cogayan 1582 20mm
santifernandez - The Hospitaller 120mm
Ben Bob - Rostam and teh dragon 20mm
Bessiere - Zvezda French Cuirassier 20mm
Michael Robert - The Big Turk 20mm
Sho - In snow we go 18mm
Peter - Simply the best! 20mm

Thanks for joining! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 13 Jul 2020, 21:31

Well, my Minotaur was not strong enough to face Tutatis.
Many thanks to Peter for the great competition he organized. :notworthy:
Congratulations to all the participants for their excellent participation :thumbup: ,
but especially to Mr Andrea for a well deserved gold brush. :yeah: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Ben90 on 13 Jul 2020, 21:55

Great competition! Congrats to the winners. Very nice entries! A special congratulation to the winner! By Toutatis has a very nice mystical and sinister feeling to it... awesome!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by MABO on 13 Jul 2020, 21:58

Congratulations to all the new or renewed brush-holders. This was a big show! Thanks to you, Peter, from me as well. Some decisions had been hard to make, but there are only three brushes to get. So this time it is the gold one for my friend Andrea. Very impressive entry. The light is wonderful and fits perfectly to the setting.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bessiere on 13 Jul 2020, 22:40

My congratulations to the winners for some very fine work! Thanks also to our organizer Peter for his work in putting it all together. It was very hard waiting for the final tallies but it only serves to be more fair by giving everyone time to vote. It was very fun for my first time and I can't wait for #51!
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Bluefalchion on 13 Jul 2020, 23:37

Wonderful job by everyone. The overall quality of the field in general was a few notches above. Special shout out to Ben90 for Dark Servant, an entry that would have been a runaway winner in a normal painting competition.

Mr. Andrea's inspired juxtaposition of a beautiful grove of tall trees and unspeakable acts of horror worked so well. It should be noted that the original set that these figures are from is even more gruesome. So he actually sanitized it, thankfully.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 13 Jul 2020, 23:39

My very best congratulations to everybody, the winners and the rest, because all are great painters and count with the admiration of the whole forum. :love: :notworthy: :love1:

By the way, the final results have almost totally coincided with my tastes and my votes, hahaha. :winky:

Now we start the countdown to next year's competition. :thumbup:

Greetings and my best wishes to everyone. :beer:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 14 Jul 2020, 13:32

Once more, Peter; give us another competition as soon as possible, please. It's been real fun: the preparation and the race; let alone the many awesome entries. More than ever it was hard making choice. Several times my coin, once flipped, refused to land. Congrats to all contenders! Big thanks to Peter for having doubled it!
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Kekso on 14 Jul 2020, 14:09

One of toughest choices I've ever made since I started to vote on this forum.
Both finalist deserve gold... but I know, there can be only one. Congratulations to both.

I must be honest, I've joined just to fill inn empty place and to stop Peter from whining :xd: :xd: :xd:
Although I won 2 medals already I didn't expect to win this one... thank you for voting.

EDIT: Now I see that I share bronze medal with Gardefar... big congratulations to him... you deserve to win.

Now I need to make some more pictures of my work and post it ... :affraid:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 14 Jul 2020, 14:22

Kekso wrote:I must be honest, I've joined just to fill inn empty place and to stop Peter from whining :xd: :xd: :xd:

I was doing what? It was just that you are to lazy to paint something, so I was pushing whole the time. :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Konrad on 14 Jul 2020, 15:02

Congratulations to all winners!
It was very difficult to make the right choice this time.
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Ben Bob on 14 Jul 2020, 15:49

Congrats to the winners, and thank you Peter for running this :yeah:

Now we all need to start painting for the next one :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ben Bob  United States of America

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 14 Jul 2020, 20:23

Congratulations to all winners! It was great fun to be part of it again.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Gardefar on 15 Jul 2020, 16:43

I would like to sincerely thank all of the forum members that voted and especially Peter for allowing me to participate in this competition. As I told Peter when I asked him about the competition, I have visited the forum for a very long time as a guest and have always been amazed at the talent and creativity. Truly inspirational. I never dreamed my work would place in the competition and I have to say, I am thrilled. Thank you again!
Gardefar  United States of America

Posted by santifernandez on 16 Jul 2020, 17:27

Congratulations to all the winners and of course to all the participants and thanks as always to Peter for his work by and for the forum.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by Michael Robert on 02 Aug 2020, 17:24

Hello,

really late on this one, but I only return from vacation (excuses, excuses...)
During the whole contest I had severe difficulties to make a choice. Many entries are really jewels of imagination. In the end the winner are... the trees!
Mr Andrea, your trees realy make it. They give some Sequoia feel - did they have Sequoias in ancient Gaul? OK, promise, no button-counting, and they had Panoramix who could grow any tree he wished for.
It was a great pleasure to participate - I never counted the slightest chance with my entry - coined the term "Panzerfutter" and still also got my honorary votes.

Great experience to renew
Thanks to Peter for organizing
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 04 Aug 2020, 09:35

There will be a next competition later on this year. Don't no yet when and with how many entries. I will decide when I'm retired! ;-) :-D

And thank you all for the kind words! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Aug 2020, 08:01

Nice! Count me in! Have a couple of projects that can work as a competition entry! Just have to finish one! :-D :-D :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Santi Pérez on 08 Aug 2020, 22:18

Peter wrote:There will be a next competition later on this year. Don't no yet when and with how many entries. I will decide when I'm retired!...

I think it has its good part and its bad part. The best part? More opportunities to participate and more great works for us to delight with them. :thumbup:

And which is its worst part? The winners of the last edition will have less time to enjoy and exhibit their golden, silver and bronze brushes. :tongue:

By the way, Peter, early congratulations on your next retirement. :occasion:

Santi.
  • Peter likes this post.   •  
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Graeme on 31 Aug 2020, 15:48

I'm late but I have to say what a great competition this was; if I could have voted for every entry I would have.

I actually picked the winner this time, congratulations to Mr. Andrea for a simply stunning entry.

And congratulations to the Bronze and Silver Brush winners, awesome entries.

The bulls head on Kostis's Minotaur was uncannily real looking and I liked the remains of previous combatants against the wall, nice detail.

Kekso's Chemical Brothers were quirky and cool and fun, but also beautifully painted and modeled.

I was very impressed by Gardefars Prussians, I thought the painting and scenery and composition all came together perfectly to create a really complete finished scene.

Well done to all.
Graeme  Australia

Return to Painting Competition