Painting Competition

46th Painting Competition Winners

Posted by Peter on 27 Sep 2016, 19:37

First place:

Vae Victis 20mm by Ben90!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second place:

Spyros Kayales 20mm by Kostis Orneratis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third place:

Dragoon in Naseby battle 1645 54mm by Santifernandez

Congratulations! :-D

The other contestants in the competition were:

Mickey Mouse - A hasty retreat 20 mm
Susofrick - The hero 20mm
Pieter - War elephant 20 mm
Kekso - British Light Cavalry 20 mm
Vellek - Can I feed your horse? 20 mm

Thanks for joining! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by santifernandez on 27 Sep 2016, 19:59

Congratulations to the champions and above all congratulations to all my colleagues for participating and making a diversion, to those who vote who dare to prepare some input, a big hello together.

Posd.-A great work in this competition.
Thanks for the work, Peter.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by vellek on 27 Sep 2016, 20:37

Congrats to Ben90 on his impressive and well-deserved win. How you managed at this scale to paint that look of contempt on Caesar's face astounds me. Congrats also to the runners-up Santi and Kostis! :yeah:
vellek  United States of America
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by MABO on 27 Sep 2016, 20:47

Congratulations to all of you. All entries are worthy winners and very good ideas as well. The scene from Ben90 is a true masterpiece again!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 27 Sep 2016, 22:14

Really nice entries. Congrats to all contenders.
@Ben90: a well deserved victory, a very nice dio. I like the variety of poses that you managed. I admit I thought there was my friend Konrad behind it; maybe because I saw so many Romans from him lately.
@Kostis. Great to see the sea and feel the wind. I almost smell the salt in the air. I like the pose and the predominance of blue.
@Santi. Well, out of usual scale, but a nicely painted dragoon, really! I saw it has hard time to get there, but it is a just third position.
Thank to all. I don't know if i follow with more passion these countries mpetitions or the Champions League?
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 27 Sep 2016, 22:36

My congratulations to the winner.
My compliments to all the participants, especially santifernantez, with whom could have different places if the initial draw was different.
Last but not least, I want to thank everybody who voted so I could participate in the final.
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 28 Sep 2016, 08:07

We voted just the way I wanted?!?!?! :-D Great entrys all of them and as usual a very fun competition! Huge congratulations to the winners!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 02 Oct 2016, 16:36

Congratulations to the winners. It was fun to participate.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Graeme on 03 Oct 2016, 02:44

Congratulations to the winners.

Three masterclasses in depicting very different kinds of clothing here, mail armour, soft fabric and stiff old weather beaten leather. and they all look totally real.

Great entries in this competition and some difficult voting choices. I feel that several entries suffered from photos that didn't focus on the figures quite enough, some of you might have missed a vote from me simply because I couldn't really see how good your figures looked.
Graeme  Australia

Return to Painting Competition