General

bb`s toy`s a new beginning

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Feb 2020, 00:12

:winky: Do come join us.
:mrgreen: Upon this day.
:cowboy: Yip! Its for sure a mixed up figure trip delight, Pards.

Two larger ones from the second set by Dargaud.

Interestingly today i came across this old advert sponsored by BP, ( British Petroleum), that confirmed that the Huckleberry type Hound was part of the Asterix collection. Although i had,had my doubts about it for years. So i feel happier now knowing that little fact.

:eh: O My! :coffee: The middle one needs a pencil spot on each eye.

We happy few...
we band of brothers.

It was the best of times Painting. :(

Here are a few of my painted plastic figures. The medieval tower is their home,as it doubles up nicely as a two level storage box for all these little fellows. Which was my own designed plan while scratch building it.It justifies the space it stands upon.

The hunt for Romans continues.

Why surely i will post what i can Remco,it will be a mixture of Asterix Sets, along with other toy stuff too.

.................................................... :winky: LUCKY LUKE

Nearing Daisy Town.

i remember Yellow Hand, the Chief getting chewed up by our sweet natured Bella, our dog.
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 12 Feb 2020, 09:15

Beano Boy wrote:Mr. Andrea, it was diluted varnish that darn expensive Quick Shade!
i thinned it down slightly with White Spirit , because it was an old tin.
Upon reflection of your question,I recall i had to cut the tin open because the lid was super stuck into place. So using an assortment of knife, bent spoons , a pair of pliers,and with lots effort the entire tin top was eventually pulled off and lay in a rather sticky state.

Thanks BB. It looked like the old darn QuickShade, but I hoped you came out with something different producing the same effect. I feel it about opening a QS tin and thinning it with white spirit. A hell of job!
Yet, the effect on those Asterix figures is great.
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Feb 2020, 10:26

Well i brushed the goo on by brush then just stood them up.

i have also used my own super cool water mixture from my little glass jar where i dip my large used paint brushes in to clean them. i wipe them using kitchen paper role making them ready for the next colour. After a while the water went brown so i used that on my Daleks as a wash. i did a few samples and it worked. i dipped my first 350 Alien Pepper Pots in this stuff, for the cost of nothing. ;-) That was super cool.

i have also used a little White Spirit with black,brown enamel paint added to mix a colour wash for figures.However i have not used this on acylic paint ... only on emulsion of enamel paints.

Although i have used those extra large cheap acylic paint for water based colour wash dipping.
:coffee: It is all really about trial and error using a few samples to help guide ones pathway. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 12 Feb 2020, 11:10

50s cowboys? Wow! I am quite shore they were sold in Sweden late 60s too. :-D I may even have one of the cowboys heavily mixed up with parts from different figures! :-D They were swoppits and we swopped parts A LOT! me and my younger brother! :-D :-D :-D And as said, very cool to see your Comic-figures! As shown in another thread I have some of the LuckyLuke-figures, but factory-painted.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Feb 2020, 12:45

Once upon a time far away from me now, i recall noticing after painting that certain eyes needed penciling in before applying a varnish wash. So this is just a make do tip for other collectors who wish to follow along and play the toy town guide of simple to do painting.If it had been otherwise i would've not been able to have done it. Using the camera as a tool will also aid the authors eye,revealing little things along the way. Above in the picture are several sets of Shield Bearers and Chieftain.So i needed to produce myself those rather rare to find Star Shields.

Made by casting up a rubber mold where i had used the plastic shield for a pattern. By the way these castings all painted up well star, dots and all.

:coffee: Hi Gunnar,thank you big time for your added enthusiasm. :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 12 Feb 2020, 15:59

I do get inspired to ty to splash some paint on my figures, but since it is I that have to clean the walls after I think I'll wait a while. Hmm, I could always put a paper to protect the wall .... worth considering!
Susofrick  Sweden

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Feb 2020, 19:05

Gunnar, i dream of painting again,every day.
Sure i`ve tried ,but had to stop or go completely bonkers,
instead of only being half way there.
Perhaps later i`ll paint in my troublesome dreams,
then awake to realise i`ve actually been sleep painting all my finest figures.

:coffee: i think the bed will be an awful mess though. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Feb 2020, 01:27

Caesars Legions,longed to take Britannia, and seize the fabled Cabbage Patch,but first they marched on Gaul to gain that magic potion and famed pie filler.

:read: Those Legions were given him by Pompey himself after he married Caesars Daughter Julia.
A military political alliance agreed upon to share the power of Rome, between them.
However It would not last. :mrgreen: Boy that Bookworm is smart. :sst: i knows it too. :cowboy: Sounds very much like the news of our day Pards! :coffee: Yip! :eh: Eh!, Do get on with it BB,before it goes off the boil?

OK! The original funny faced,Romans are well fit for use in story telling,as are the Gauls, but the old comics tell a little of this ancient history within their pages.

Upon reflection on this topic part,this bright eyed Julius Caesar,seemed to be a rather nice happy go lucky upper class fellow standing on the stone steps of the White Tower, with Mark Antony on his right perhaps and the Egyptian soldier on his left ?
By this metaphoric scene of Might the Greatest Stage of all was set for his eventful return to ROME.
:coffee: Beware the ides of March!

See you all later, in the next one. Bye for now. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Harry Faversham on 13 Feb 2020, 12:03

Snake Eyed Pete and his bunch...

:cowboy:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Susofrick on 13 Feb 2020, 12:20

Looks a lot like Joe is trying a new identity! :-D But the scale gives him away! :eh:
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Harry Faversham on 13 Feb 2020, 20:34

Being born in a cereal box don't make yer a serial killer!!!

:cowboy:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Feb 2020, 13:06

i guess one must see beyond the bright color that they were produced in?
It is called the minds eye of imagination.

These other i`s need dotting!

:read: There is much wisdom in using the cameras eye as a useful tool.

:cowboy: So why not learn from my mistakes.
Anyway they all look a jolly good bunch! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 18 Feb 2020, 13:35

It's great to see this collection! :thumbup:

Is there another legion in production? We have one in the Netherlands (Dad's Army) and another one in England? :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Feb 2020, 13:25

Well i do have the famed 9th Legion stuck into gear in Britain unable to go forward into Scotland,because of a cruel wicked spell cast upon my hands,but yes i still collect at the right trading price Peter.

Mrs B, recently home from shopping in the city, plonked her stuff upon the kitchen table. So they made do for the rolling Black Hills of Fiddle Wood :cowboy: Ride On! i had put all these together upon that fun filled day. Playmobil.

:coffee: It is always good to clown around a little bit here upon this Forum,as it sure takes the edge off of my serious prolonged day. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Feb 2020, 14:47

They all agreed upon the day, It was a good game indeed to play. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 19 Feb 2020, 15:09

Was a bit too old when Playmobil came. I did want to buy them, but I was very much the wrong age. Great to see them here!
Susofrick  Sweden

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 19 Feb 2020, 18:03

My sons had the fort and the indians! Great toys! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Feb 2020, 18:05

i bought for my Grand Children, then for myself. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Feb 2020, 23:36

Wigwams would be good to have too. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Feb 2020, 13:14

https://youtu.be/A6iGah1CIo0

Most of my video's are shut down,but i left this one active alive as it concerns my Luck Luke collection and it also happens to be based upon a true story. Well if you care to take a look see, be my guest. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to General