General

bb`s toy`s a new beginning

Posted by MABO on 16 Jan 2020, 00:09

And you painted the Romans?!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Jan 2020, 03:32

Yes Jan,i painted the Romans, many years ago. i have never been an artist like some of the guys here. At the time of painting these metal figures... i did my best. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by MABO on 16 Jan 2020, 07:50

Oh, I think you really did a good job!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Ben90 on 17 Jan 2020, 20:05

MABO wrote:Oh, I think you really did a good job!

I agree, they look very nice! :yeah:
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Jan 2020, 20:59

Thank you guys,
The metal Roman Legionaries are sold as souvenirs,and they arrived in a box i bought as a job lot on E Bay. i remember there were also a smaller Set of Roman figures that i also painted. They help guard Henry`s Tower that i built at the same time. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Jan 2020, 04:20

........................................... :winky: FRED & MAYBELL

........................................... :coffee:ON THE JUNGLE TABLE

Leave them be Fred,they look kind of dangerous to me, pleaded a worried MayBell. However Fred had other ideas, I think they just want to play. He said.

Needle sharp baby teeth are no threat to me. After all i`m made of metal. Poor MayBell,being a MAYBELL, from the stars,was trying hard to avoid these things from goodness knows where.
Fred scanned each tiny over active individual,and realized that they were classified Crocodiles on his mainframe computer from another time dimension.

Meanwhile.
Archibald and Priscilla, are searching for their lost babes, and are sure making a lot of noise while a doing it,but blu tac fixed jungles are built rugged enough for all kinds of distressed stuff to happen.

:mrgreen: Crazy things tend to happen in Fiddle Wood. :cowboy: They sure enough do Pards, said the Cowboy who long ago found a voice here. :sst: as did many before him. :eh: Eh! Do get on with it BB, before the story goes off the boil ?

Such an Extreme a Wailing both had never ever heard before. What a Din! Fred,said............. and as for MayBell she blurted out ,i have no wish to be their Din,Dins!

Yes the CROCODILES are certainly nearby.

It`s time to go MayBell. ..........It sure is Fred.
And so it was that the two Pals skipped over a page into their next adventure.

United again at long last.

A happy ending is much better than none i suppose?
:coffee: As for my toy figures they can come in many guises. C U Soon. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 19 Jan 2020, 09:49

Great adventure! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Feb 2020, 21:41

Image Come Join us

................................................... :winky: BB`s QUEST

It all started here with the first packet of Dargaud Asterix Bubble Gum Figures of 1978

So The Quest was on to find them all.

Little did i realise at that time that there were two plastic figure sets in the Asterix Bubble Gum Range.

Above .This is nearly the complete set of the Asterix in Egypt Set,i was short of one dancing girl.
There was an Alien Figure within this job lot i`d bought on E Bay. So that i let my Mrs B, have as it fitted snug upon her plastic Bic Pen top. That Alien figure is in the back of the stand of figures,and Mrs B,still uses it sat a sitting upon her inky pen she draws and writes with every day.

The dancing girl above made it a complete set, although it took me several years to obtain her.

So these are the Egyptian Dancing Girls from the smaller Asterix in Egypt Range of Bubble Gun Figures of the late 1960`s.

These were the lost photographs all casualties of the Freepost Wars that we all know about in the picture posting community. There are many more photographs to come which i'll post here in dribs and drabs.

The sound of hobnailed marching sandals . The trees of Fiddle Wood ,whisper upon the stiff breeze to one another, ' More Romans, this place is filling up.'

However as you see there was Just room enough for one more here at this rather practical time.
:coffee: C U Later. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Dad's Army on 04 Feb 2020, 22:17

Beano Boy wrote:Image
The dancing girl above made it a complete set, although it took me several years to obtain her.

Why didn't you ask, I got them all as well now, cause I buying them for more solders.
If you or someone needs some figures from this range, I got theme for you!
Only the solders I will keep in stock, because these are hard to find and I need a lot of them.
(goal FIGZ 2020 is 300 painted :mrgreen: )
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Feb 2020, 03:57

Remco,i never realised she was missing,until i saw her dancing around in one of Gunnars topics.
Yes it was such a surprise to see that Cleo, had two different girls a whirling around her. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Feb 2020, 05:27

A smaller set of the metal Romans found their way under my paint brush a few years ago. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 09 Feb 2020, 15:58

Here is Asterix. A neat little fellow with a bit of plastic flash.

Sometimes he turns up after losing a wing off his helmet, and having no flash at all.
:mrgreen: Which one would you prefer him losing if you had the chose?

Romans and Thug!
:mrgreen: Thug, was a long serving slave who collected Romes Bubble Gum Taxes, but also with an extra chew or two for himself. After all everyone knows that little boats were filled to the brim with Wheat.Beer and Bubble Gum. :sst: and all going to rome, upon a bubble wrap sea.

Two Lucky Luke bubble gum figures from a smaller set turned up on this little picture.
The fellow raising his hat could be saying a cheerful hello,or a polite, good day! :coffee: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Feb 2020, 18:02

There is of course a massive metal collection now worth well over £7.000 to those willing to sell. i am not because i do not sell any of my collective dreams.

Here we see the tiny fragile dog is in the hand of Obelix , and Asterix is seen in this camera shot from the same complete rare set. Hopefully i will be able to show others of the metal range later. The great thing is as far as i am concerned is be it a figure worth only a few Pennies or Pounds, i feel contented affection for all my toy figures, because i wonder what child played with them in bygone days of giggling fun. :mrgreen: BB,s a dreamer.

Of course the metal figures were never played with by children in the same sense as the plastic bubble gum figures were. in fact they are not part of the bubble gum range at all.However that is another true story.

............................................. :winky: Meanwhile

:sst: these little fellows are so active.... :cowboy: They sure are Pards , but only here.
:mrgreen: Such a Building Site above you`ll never see on net work TV.

:coffee: As i sift through more lost pictures, i hope to see you drop in again. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Feb 2020, 00:05

Welcome, Do come join us?

........................................ :winky: THE HEAVY LOAD PART ONE

The Star Shield is of course needed plus the fat fellow chieftain who`s name slips my mind at this present time. Anyway i know you guys know him by name from your own account of bubble gum history?
His stern looking Wife looks very keen to see him.

:mrgreen: All does look ready steady now, :sst: with even a certain something stewing in the pot.

:coffee: Might i C U Later? BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Feb 2020, 02:07

:mrgreen: Sundays are just made for such bubble gum... figure fun.

......................................... :winky: PART TWO OF THE HEAVY LIFT

Image ONCE UPON A PAINT POT DAY

i painted him along with others of his superb plastic kind. BB

:coffee: I remember it was a continuous rain pour of such a stormy day.

As i only had one star shield i made a few that i needed.

Image Alas Shield Maidan`s there were none.

And so it was that the painting carried on.

:coffee: i hope you visit again :mrgreen: it is about to get extra fun. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 11 Feb 2020, 15:11

cool job, BB! What do you use to wash/shadow? I like the effect on Vitalstatistix (Abracourcix, in the Italian version).
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 11 Feb 2020, 15:58

As said, cool job! Mine Asterix-figures are looking very angry at me "PAINT US!!!", but I'm doing other stuff right now. The horses in the background? I think I had some of those back in the day, but I don't recognize the rider. Could be that he was lost early.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Feb 2020, 16:56

Mr. Andrea, it was diluted varnish that darn expensive Quick Shade!
i thinned it down slightly with White Spirit , because it was an old tin.
Upon reflection of your question,I recall i had to cut the tin open because the lid was super stuck into place. So using an assortment of knife, bent spoons , a pair of pliers,and with lots effort the entire tin top was eventually pulled off and lay in a rather sticky state. Yes there was a little left in the now wide open tin, so waste not, want not,came into my extended comical day. Being like rather dark treacle i thinned it into play with cheap White Spirit! As the stuff is made of low fat oils,
( White Spirits! ) wax,and that eye make up stuff women cake upon their lashes.

It sort of worked out well.

Yes Gunnar, they are early 1950`s Cowboys. There are often odd figures in the background of my pic`s.
:coffee: Even then and now being far too busy to clear up. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Feb 2020, 17:04

They look ready for a Rumble.

Some of the Asterix Pirate figures are not on the list on display here.

:winky: All are from the 1988 Collection. :thumbup: :cowboy: Ride on BB.

:coffee: Those Romans, never stopped roaming about. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Dad's Army on 11 Feb 2020, 19:33

Cool to see those metal Asterix figures, I got a few of them and searching them as well.
Thanks for sharing Paul, looks fantastic, and you know I love them, so keep them coming :P
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Previous pageNext page

Return to General