General

28mm Napoleonic Cavalry and Infantry

Posted by Beano Boy on 29 Sep 2019, 18:07

:cowboy: It was one of those put off jobs,that sort of nags at ones fancy.

................................................... :winky: BB, THE BOOT BOY

:eh: Hey pushing the title on is my job!

:cowboy: You`ve been sacked for slopping off ta go a fishing!
:shock: :shock: :drool: o`dear a smiley given the push!

:sst: like somebody with worn-out boots ,playing footy is out of the question. so wingnut is sent off.
:mrgreen: He he BB, surely would not be so cruel ?

;-) Do Forum wingnuts have boots or even shoes?
:read: Yip! it`s in here in the hardware section.

:coffee: Talking upon the subject of footwear, i'll consider wingnuts position when i`ve finished this ere repair job on e`m warlord-games Prussian Boots!

:coffee: Thirty two of e`m needed fixing as toes were sticking out of half of them. and the others had nothing at all upon their poor hurt bandaged feet. So i filled each foot over creating black shinny boots.

:mrgreen: A bit like mounding up Spud`s wive :sst: em shovel.

:cowboy: I could use a new pair myself, as mine have been on since the end of The Great War. Said the Cowboy who always sleeps in his boots.

:eh: Please don`t take them off,i feel sick enough already.

:sst: and so it was bb, found himself repairing them feet full of blisters,
upon a very wet, dark and gloomy Sunday.

:coffee: i most surely did, and all i need do know is find their heads. BB ___________ :eh: What?
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by PhilC on 29 Sep 2019, 19:13

Hi BB, any of your post tells a story, always nice to read.
But I try really hard to stay away from this thread, because I don't want to start buying 28mm figs! I'm already too slow as a painter :)
PhilC  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 30 Sep 2019, 00:27

It`s real nice of you Phil, to comment. :thumbup: Thank`s

Please give my stuff a look now and again as i plan lots of encouraging displays for all those like myself who have difficulty painting due to illness.

The progress on this topic is turning upon its head. It is now what can i do with shacking hands caused by tremor. i feel i must try at least. Then all Members can laugh along with me,instead of just laughing at me_________if they wish to.

Yes i also like to weave a few funny tongue in cheek comic book gags into something that entails the boring bits of any hobby of mine.
That is why i choose the handle Beano Boy. It means a bean feast of fun.

Resin boots, fine and shiny without a toe in sight. Now i am ready to start fixing heads then painting red , off white ,yellow and a deep well worn blue.
:cowboy: Brown muskets, :sst: and buttons bb? :coffee: i`m not one for buttons.

To everyone young of age busy growing up or oldies like myself busy growing down, to do a little something hobby-wise is far better than doing nothing at all.
i know of another respected Member going through hand tremors too, hopefully he still visits from that other place Mr C, went to. As this is especially for Him, You and Me alike. C U all Soon. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by PhilC on 30 Sep 2019, 19:51

Yes yes, I've read this one too, and I still stand firm :yeah:
PhilC  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Oct 2019, 01:00

In my 70th year i am still having fun in the most novel way, by writing. BB

............................................ :winky: Fixed A Few Heads

Prussian batch underway. :sst: but bb, has no new paints to polish these guys up in darkest blue. :cowboy: What no paint ta finish e`m off ?
:eh: Why?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ROUGH TRADER!

i`ve asked PayPal to get my money back into my Account . For none delivery of my order. :mrgreen: PayPal can freeze their Account if they do not comply. :thumbup: It seems ModelHobbies have gone Rough! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Marvin on 02 Oct 2019, 09:16

I've ordered lots and lots from Model Hobbies and they've always been superb. However... I've also heard somewhere before that if, for whatever reason, your stuff doesn't come through the post then they never reply to any emails or sort it out. It's a shame as in every other respect they've great but their after sales service appears to be woeful. :eh:

And if they're delaying BB's Prussian project then, quite frankly, that's completely unforgivable!!! :mad:

Hope it all sorts out soon for you.
Marvin  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to General