General

28mm Napoleonic Cavalry and Infantry

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Oct 2018, 20:15

Just popped in to say thanks guys, it is slow going so far. Hope to show a little something soon. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Oct 2018, 17:40

Perrys British Hussars

Perrys French Chasseurs

Perrys French Heavy Cavalry.

The day began as usual Mrs B, out with Bella our dog,and me a yawning between breathing in and of course my mouth as dry as kiln dried sand. As I was sipping that sweet cup of strong tea, I thought I`ll look in on my topic on Benno`s. Blast me timbers with ball and black powder! More pictures gone and blank spaces between the reviews.

O`, Well lets start again. ;-)

These are the missing pictures from page one of this topic. The loss of which were beyond my control.
I bought two off each way back then. A few more since though.
Armies seem to grow quite well in Fiddle Wood :-D See you guys later. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Oct 2018, 02:40

The three boxed sets of French infantry are below.

ONE

Dacals for cartridge box. flags command figures.

So on this new set you are paying for the box art plus 4 new metal figures.
Seems to be an emotive ploy of advertising to make sure the metal figures sell.

TWO

You get the same plastic figures as before but different metal command figures plus the same flags.
Metal figures have gone missing probably in the wrong box somewhere.

THREE

Lots of heads on this set,so I was able to use them on the figures from the four boxes I recently bought which is shown first on the list above. I hope to show those later.

The mail arrived early on Saturday 06/10/2018_ and so managed to stick all the heads on the French.

Parade uniform above.

I used spare heads to smarten up the lines by creating Grenadiers and Fusiliers.

Another four lines of finished infantry in great coats were not included in this photo shoot.

11 Columns of 20 plus 40 metal figures are nearing the painting stage. It takes an age sticking these guys together. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 07 Oct 2018, 13:48

Paul, I'm not sure is it ok to post photos with names of Warlord Games employees who packed your figures :eh:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Oct 2018, 20:29

Well Dalibor,
the metal flag staff is taped to it, and has a wicked spike so I`ll leave them all fixed tight and proper to the warlord games card. However I found your remark very funny, :thumbup:, and I never gave the name much thought. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Oct 2018, 11:02

Upon the question of the name being revealed. `Under Law the picture must be removed. '
The name itself was not noticed at the time of photo shooting, as I reviewed what was in the box and how it comes.
I would never wish to cause concern over such a matter for Benno or any of you guys overseeing the proper running order of this Forum. Yours Faithfully Paul Howes. _______________BB to you Lot.
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Oct 2018, 15:31

Day one of painting.

3 hours painted 62
Grey, white and brown.

I found painting samples paid off. I painted a few on the sprue only to find out
the paint is ruined as I snipped them off. No matter, it was for me a learning curb which was the whole point of the excise, and to be able to write about it here. So, so it was that I removed the knapsacks one and all, and hand held painting was and still is the name of this hobby style type play.

blu tac sticks the little pots to my painting table, as I get fed up with them rolling all over the place at the slightest move I make. My water jar likewise is firmly fixed so is not going to tip over ,and spill its contents all over the table and finally to the floor. ;-)

MARCHING FORWARDS

I just bought more sprues for the French infantry columns that I have been collecting since April of this year. Buying them from my old established fair deal Book seller on line is paying off. 20% More figures for my money will give me an extra 60 figures more to add to 300. :mrgreen:

Day two of painting

3 hrs painted 60 odd knapsacks the same as before.

I`m wearing specks and a visor to see where to place the paint, and I`m using acrylic paints just to finish their paint content. Having had them for over three years I am hopeful this blitz will see their empty plastic shell sail into the bin.

Day three and four of painting
6 hrs another 124 grey white ,and I varied the colour of the cow hide mixing black into the brown.

I am also using the cheapest black, white,blue,yellow and red acylic paints,and the painting is quite easy as i am so familiar with napoleonc uniform painting. Easy in the sense i know the sequince of how best to paint them for me.

My Mrs B, asked " Are the bags all Leather?" _" Well, no not in the sense you mean. They are the soft skinned cowhide type, unlike the wood framed ones covered in canvas the British army had to use."

Day five

My old painting table is ideal for my needs it just slips underneath my chair and being comfy-like I can paint away the minutes and the hours just slip away leaving me very content.

Day six.

To day 10/10/2018

The first dozen of French Dragoons enter stage left. Very easy to put together.

I am about to start mixing ,dipping and applying the paint on the last 65 knapsacks needing the brown. They are in the yogurt pot. I find these little pots very handy for tiny things needing painting.

See you guys later. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Oct 2018, 17:12

I was put off from buying these figures because of the fact they have bare feet and bandages. However ever thinking upon solutions to problems because this sort of thing bugs me,it eventually dawned upon me, green stuff or something similar to mask over feet and model the boots would be a piece of cake. Easy Peasy! :mrgreen: Problem solved.
:coffee: Now I feel comfortable in recommending them. I`ll order a box. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Oct 2018, 18:27

Opp`s! It went wrong.
I spilt white paint over it. ;-)

I like the face though on this one.

Like every school report I brought home to my Mom. it read. Could do better! :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Oct 2018, 15:02

:coffee: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2018, 02:36

THE FOOT REPAIR

I have used superglue and baking soda to create the conversion on the bare feet and the worn out shoes with toes sticking out. It dried almost instantly too, to form a hard tuff repair job to the 33% of Prussian troops. Rubbed down it has achieve my aim to smarten up these brave little fellows.

Many years ago ( 50 years ) i knew a fellow who repaired parts of wooden guitars using super glue and baking soda. I happened to see him instantly stick a tiny piece of wood called a Nut I do believe, where the strings go over at the top end of the neck. :coffee: As my mind seems to retain lots of bits of useless trivia. Carrying out this little conversion job has proved not to be one of theml. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2018, 12:55

Beat The Drums Softly

French command figures from the box above. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2018, 14:55

The little windows light,
comes in for free
a shame to miss it
so I try not to BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Paul on 13 Oct 2018, 15:50

Camera´s on the work top so how did you take the Picture :mrgreen: :xd:
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2018, 19:33

The MAGIC of using another camera Paul. Thanks for commenting upon my emotive posting. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by FredG on 13 Oct 2018, 21:15

Beano Boy wrote:The MAGIC of using another camera Paul.

Or was it smoke and mirrors?
FredG  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Oct 2018, 23:42

To The Beat Of Drums
The Old Guard Advances

Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Oct 2018, 12:36

These arrived today. ;-)
Guard Grenadiers, in advance attack pose. So no time wasting involved in putting these together before painting. :coffee: These Front Rank Miniatures are beautiful castings. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Oct 2018, 01:01

Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Oct 2018, 12:33

A few weeks ago I made review of the HAT and Warlord Games French infantry standing side by side . It was a precise measured account and well set out. This one will require a lot less of my time and effort and without waffle.

Comparisons between Warlord Games plastic French infantry and Front Rank French Old Guard.
Comparisons Between Warlord Games and their British Rifles and Front Rank French Old Guard top line.

:coffee: No waffle just Tea. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to General