General

Spider Monkey`s,and Hurricane Lantins & other stuff

Posted by Beano Boy on 29 Aug 2015, 16:55

I thought it well worth the mention of the Lucky Charms made in white metal you can buy very cheaply from the Far East,and in my case Australia. I often cruise the Internet, for oddities to use for props. E bay is a treasure house of stash out there.

First the 15 mm 3D Spider Monkeys 10 for £1.50. ( With the ring cut off 2mm less ) Free Post .
Very cheap and would suit a Jungle theme piece.

Secondly 6mm Hurrican Lantins,these caught my eye as being useful along for my Larger Lucky Luke type projects I have planed for the future. £1.51 for 10. Free Post.

Below other Stuff,that when stuck onto strips of thin wood can make very cheap patterns for rubber moulds.

Ten 13 mm Charms £1.40 For making Medieval Patterns for Castle Buildings.

Ten 13mm Charms £1.40 For making Medieval Patterns for Castle Buildings.

Ten 13mm Charms £1.16 Free Post. For Pattern Making .

Twenty Five 14mm Charms £1.28 Free Post . For Pattern Making

For guys into Fantasy stuff Ten 30mm 3D Sword Charms! £2.10 Free Post

E bay _____________________LUCKY CHARMS A couple of weeks for delivery.

Sorry no Buttons this time. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 29 Aug 2015, 20:15

Beano Boy wrote:Sorry no Buttons this time. BB

Mrs B happy! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 04 Sep 2015, 09:12

I think she's found her buttons and now Paul have to use other stuff. ;-) Joking aside, would be nice to see a comparison.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Sep 2015, 15:43

All my new stash for Arts & Craft projects arrived via Airmail from OZ,and I`m very pleased with the quantity and quality of the nickel castings and they are all pretty darn cool. The Spider Monkey,and the Hurrican Lantin are a great success.

Where I cut the ring off the Monkey now needs trimming, but he sits well upon the battlements of Henry`s eight sided tower. He and the other 19 Monkey`s will inhabit a highly top secret project surrounded by Jungle. As for the Lady that walks the tower by night,she is from my Lucky Luke collection of figures. The Lantins are quite a useful prop to use in a wild west type scene. So taking a gamble once again on unusual stuff,i seem to have taken a rather charmed direction indeed. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 09 Sep 2015, 13:47

Bingle, bangle,bungle, are you also making a djungle? Great fun! Hope sincerely that you get it done faster than me. :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 09 Sep 2015, 20:57

I remember including other stuff in the title of this topic,because it then becomes an open ended topic,which I can add. Yes! Other Stuff To.

So guys I bought a few of these. ?????????? Ten to be exact,and each standing 10 cm in height. Each costing 99 pence , with Free Postage from China.They should arrive between 15 to 30 days.
Just for fun this one is a lot harder than that Hornby fellow`s extra finger.

Gunnar ,l look forwards to seeing your work on that dejungle of yours. I`m not into music however, I just hum along when working happily. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 09 Sep 2015, 21:28

Looks like some palmtrees that you can get on a nice icecream (Remco?) ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Sep 2015, 00:19

Aquarium Plants bought on E bay.________________Coconut Tree`s !

I tried making stuff from paper,but my hands are shaking much more these days than before.
( P T S D) The Paper Sheets of jungle plant leaves are very expensive,but very good. However they still require fiddly work. So I searched for an alternative for my project that would only involve making jungle terrain bases. These look ideal for representing trees in the jungles of New Guinea to Burma. At 99 pence each they are very affordable. After they are set into sanded bases,A light desert sand will be drybrushed over the tree trunks to make them look less like plastic. I suppose these could be used with 28mm figures too. Watch out for Japanese snipers. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 12 Sep 2015, 12:14

Right with the first shot! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Sep 2015, 00:46

You are far to clever Peter,or is it you just eat far to much icecream?

This will complete my jungle stuff.
Bought from E bay UK. Price £7.49 , Free Post .It may seem expensive, but it comes in 24 inch long strands which I will pull to pieces to make individual plants.
Other Stuff needed will be moss off the roof,and evergreen stuff from the garden. Now I must think hard about figures. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 14 Sep 2015, 18:24

Me eating icecream? No not so much! But I see a lot of pictures from Remco with all kinds of icecream! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Sep 2015, 15:04

Jungle Stuff Arrived

It does look like Caterpillars' Have eaten it all,but never fear i managed to save them all.

Meet Herbert above,on the Jungle training with the S A S, he`ll soon munch his way to those special wings.

Just pull them off the 24 inch vine! No not Herbert,the plants.

This is Magic! Cheap & Cheerful! Priced at £7.49 Free Post!
Bought from Birminghamrepyiles274 on E day UK

I got 64 of these all good looking jungle stuff! I`m still awaiting my tree`s

See you later. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Sep 2015, 00:12

Another great 24 inch, :mrgreen: dangling piece for the jungle. :yeah: £7.49 = just under 11pence per plant when they are stripped off. :-D Those happy Monkey`s will be very well pleased.
:read: "According to this ,your 6 foot table will become quite damp BB. With a Rainforest plonked on top of it." _________________ Belize! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 22 Sep 2015, 08:11

Ah, you let us see your djungle from above! Smart move! SHould have thought of that, no need to make a base. :-D Just kidding, I am very interested how this will turn out. My own djungle have taken a little vacation.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Sep 2015, 13:05

A Play on numbers sounds and words.

Hi Gunnar,very good to hear from you. :thumbup: Thanks for the interest too. A Sweeping Sci- Fi Panoramic View is my intention. Especially for those that fall on the floor. There could be thousands of Japanese soldiers or only ONE. There could be hundreds of Natives,or only TWO.Many a Wild Animal too,or just the THREE.
The Great Time Saver that Beats all Speed Painters,_________ is they won`t be seen,so I don`t have to paint them.
:read: "BB,that`s an Anagram! ONETWOTHREE = ONE-WORTH-EET ,because they cost a few Pennies Each." My,My,All that Book Learning is Paying Off. :read: Eye NO! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Sep 2015, 13:10

Sorry to here of your delay on your Topic Gunnar,i hope to see it later,
and I Sincerely hope you are on the Mend ? BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 26 Oct 2015, 18:15

AH! HA! More stuff for the Fantasy & Sci Fi Jungle

15" Long. 99p each. Free Post from the Far East.I bought three. The plan is to pull to pieces to create jungle bases.

12"X12" Grass matting for spawning fish.
Well over 100 tiny formed plantlets. Cost £8.25 Free Post from UK

The plan to gradually build up bases and paint,in shades of greens and browns. BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to General