General

Supreme 1/30 scale toy figures. Italeri Copies

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Mar 2015, 14:10

Pictures from E Bay .

This news a bit late in coming. However here it is in full colour.
As some already know I`m rather keen at collecting toys. So I thought I`d have an odd dig review on these ones. I laughed when I first saw these on the market a few months ago.

Offered as 1/30 scale figures,they even copied the Italeri classic pose of the broken back leg ankle on the horses. Price £5.99

16 Figures in a box,and this total includes the horses.

This larger set contains the complete range of 16 British & 16 French toy figures. Price £11.99 Buy two small sets and save a Penny! The French are riding the British horses,but who cares,these are toys.

On the box it states1/48 scale figures.

As they stand,they are cheap toys and already coloured quite fitting for out of the bag quick and play for children. All are ITALERI copies of their over large1/72 scale model figures. So for some repainting them could be fun. I expect some italeri artillery copies are out there too. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by miniaturezone on 05 Mar 2015, 16:04

That's an unusual find !

Do you have any idea how they would scale out next to Perry's 28mm Napoleonic range ?
miniaturezone  

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Mar 2015, 15:16

Concerning actual size, the answer to that question would mean buying them.
Do they belong in my Toy Collection? Maybe in 50 years they might.

Do the company concerned have Licence to re-produce ITALERI figures in a larger scale?
It would be interesting ,and easy to find out,but I am not retained to police big companies copyrights,when they do not do that themselves, especially Zvezda & Italeri ,who sit back,do nothing and get ripped off. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by NathanIW on 07 Mar 2015, 01:32

Apparently they do have some sort of licensing agreement through another company.

As for size, they are 54mm tall (actually slightly more). They are larger 1:32. They won't work with 28mm miniatures at all. Here's a 54mm A Call to Arms Zulu Wars British infantry figure next to a Warhammer fantasy miniature. Perry 28mm are slightly smaller than the fantasy miniatures and Supreme is slightly bigger than the A Call to Arms figure.

The paint on them is apparently super thin and you can prime over it and paint them up just fine. Here are some converted and painted over (painted by Mike B, not me):
NathanIW  Canada

Posted by miniaturezone on 07 Mar 2015, 18:58

Thanks Nathan.

Nice pictures BTW.
miniaturezone  

Posted by Ragnar on 03 Apr 2015, 01:09

Im not sure bout these but there other sets..Crusaders, Vikings are more like 65mm they are HUGE and made of a PVC type material....yikes!......they don't just rip italeri figures but also the big end of town pre-painted metal figures like King & Country and im not sure they were to happy about it!
Ragnar  Australia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to General