General

Concord Stagecoach 1/16 scale

Posted by Beano Boy on 26 Oct 2014, 18:20

I know Gunnar will love this.
This is the beauty on my Wish List. Mrs B ,doesn`t know yet,but I did by her that Apple!

These should be available soon at Amazon UK in time for Christmas sales . I just received that information today. This will save me over £40 by not having to pay shipping cost from the USA. Yippy! Perhaps I need two. No, I`m not Greedy.
Just think, I don`t have to paint this one. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by santifernandez on 26 Oct 2014, 18:36

I have one but 1/72
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by Kekso on 26 Oct 2014, 21:45

santifernandez wrote:I have one but 1/72

Paint it! :-D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 26 Oct 2014, 23:01

Hi guys,thanks for your comments.I have three Stagecoaches in 1/72 they are the IMEX ones still in the boxes.I was not pleased when I discovered a sharp knife had been used to make a score line right across the box tops,making then useless for resale or in my case for show.As I say they are still in the box,and there is a funny tale about how Mrs B, got an order wrong from Amazon UK some years ago, and I ended up paying for loads of IMEX Chuck Wagon`s and Prairie Schooner`s and 4 boxes of Conestoga Wagons. The thing was the massive large sets were also ordered too,and ruffly I have enough for one Massive Wagon Train Diorama over 20 wagons and Chuck Wagon`s. We laughed , when they kept arriving day after day.No way did I ever think to send them back,I always wanted to live in a Toy Shop!
And I suppose I do.

A few boxes are stored in here,near where I do my writing.

I have given some away ,but I will never part with anymore.

The Stage Coaches and the rest of the Wagons are in the collection upstairs in on of the converted bedrooms. I could never conceive an idea that there could ever be a world without toys. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Oct 2014, 15:22

Yip! I bought one today.
To many greedy Sellers want to much in Britain,so I ordered one from the good old U S A. Should arrive by the 6th November,yes of course this year. When it arrives I `ll give it a once over look what`s in the Box review?
I will have to put up a nice long new shelf for this one,because it`s not staying in the box. So I`ll need some one inch thick Oak Boards ,and some wacking great six inch nails. A ten minute job,I think! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Nov 2014, 17:24

The long awaited for box (Delaid by H M Customs for 5 days and costing me an extra duty of £21.30 Import Tax),from Texas U S A finally arrived.A Massive Great Box. The large Fragile sticker made little sense to my head of reason,because everything inside was sliding and rattling about sounding loose. I made mention to Mrs B,"I bet things are broken inside." I worked it out that this box from the factory in China ,to Seller ,and then to me, the Buyer,had traviled about 8000 air-miles in a Box way to Large,and had been handled how many times is anyones guess. What a waist of resources ! I reckon everything would have gone into a box a third of the size with bubble wrap instead of this great big cardboard package of rather Expensive Chinese Air! I must add here ,and now there was no bubble wrap around any of the contents at all.

The box is near half the size of our Fridge Freezer!

I like the box art.

The first FiddleWood Gnome rummage of contents!

I can save on glue and simple use the elastic band around these two halves.

Ah! The instructions. Great I thought hundreds of little parts to fix up,glue up and not one of them numbered on the sprue. This is going to be a challenge at no mistake.

Snow white figures,and a pistol is broken,although I can fix it quite easy with a pin.

If there is interest I`ll show more of the contents later,because I have no time at present to view everything in this box. For now I have to relay 136 foot of railway track in the HoneyWell room,and work on two extra tracks each measuring about 34 foot long. A ten minute job! I let Fred order the new track,and yes he ordered Three! See Ya! BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 12 Nov 2014, 09:28

Ooooh, it's HUGE!!!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Nov 2014, 12:09

Yes the model will be 2 foot 6 inches in length,and there are lots of pieces that must be identified and there are some numbered pieces so small I could not see them without me specs!

As these are rather thin hollow horses,I intend to add silicone to each half to give them some weight before gluing them together. So this should make it easy to place the other stuff onto them without them skidding about and falling over the place. I have lots of silicone left over from making moulds so no extra cost involved.

The pen was just placed to give an idea of the scale.

Sorry if you might have found this a chore to look at,and I agree that there is nothing inspiring when everything is in white,but I did say I`d show it,and I believe a very good looking model is possible when finished and painted. So the full contents of this box has now been shown,and as you can see it could have been placed in a much smaller box without any damage what so ever. This would have halved the cost of shipping and because it would have been smaller HM Customs would not have delayed it or added extra Tax due on it.

The silly thing is there was no protective wrapping inside the box at all.
For now the model will stay in its box,in my new Goliath collection. Perhaps a 1/16th scale of The Tower of London would look good too.
As always thank you for viewing this topic. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 12 Nov 2014, 14:56

Would love this in our smaller favourite scale. IMEX seems a little too big.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Das_Dirch on 12 Nov 2014, 15:40

Cool stuff :thumbup:
Das_Dirch  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Nov 2014, 17:47

On E bay now these are for sale at £162.69. free post. Who are they kidding?
When I saw this price,I went shopping on E Bay U S A,and found one ,and paid £53.79 for it,but the shipping cost from Texas was £48.50,plus I had to pay import Tax on top of this of £22.30 . So in totol £124.59 which is a lot of money, but I still saved £38.10, which makes me very happy indeed.
The £38.10 saved will off set some of the cost of our shelving in the HoneyWell room.

I can picture this looking good ,placed behind glass on a large shelf over our stairwell. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 12 Nov 2014, 19:30

It looks very big indeed! I think I stick on the 1/72 kit from Imex. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to General