Gallery

BB`s Toy Figures

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Nov 2014, 16:06

As promised,the other figures in the set I bought. I felt it important to show 45 year old figures and what they can look like when they are bought and described with my expression Farm Fresh.
So here we have this set a prime example of flaky paint work. All were produced in Hong Kong 1968 to 1970 for" IDEAL", for their Fort Cheyenne set. The great thing is they are complete figures.
I bought by chance just one figure from this set 3 weeks ago,and a week ago Iucked in and was able to buy the rest of the whole standing set of Indians too.

IDEAL was a Company that made copies of other British Makers figures,( Britians,Cresent,Lone Star,
Timpo, and Heralds,but in 45mm scale. So as these sets existed ,and were indeed bought and sold the world over ,they do have a place in my 1960`s - 1970`s Toy Collection.
I now have the complete set of standing Indians marked Hong Kong.

Marx one of the biggest producers copied others makers too,as seen here some of the same set Indians.

The whole Cheyenne boxed set is on the rare list as are the figures too,but remember rare does not mean worth lots of money. Below the pictures from the 1970 Christmas Catalog,of the whole set,but I had to enhance the pictures to make them more presentable for viewing. Interestingly for the first time the mounted Indians in two colours swivelled at the waist.

All the figures are soaking in neat thick bleach,for a couple of weeks,and then the last remnants of paint will be scrubbed of in soapy water ,and then they will look fit for repainting. The bent spears will simply be dipped into a cup of boiling water then removed and straightened as it cools off.

There are lots more figures to come from the 50`s & 60`s,so come visit again soon. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 13 Nov 2014, 16:28

Very nice trip down Memory Lane! :-D Had some of those indians. Long lost now. Nice to see them again.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Nov 2014, 15:00

A toy figure I had thrown out a few times in the past, but Mrs B always retrieved him from the recycling bin,and so I was painting other stuff ,and not wishing to waste expensive paint I`d mixed up for that project, I gradually painted him up at the same time.

Remember him,he is the son of Uthur Pendragon.He is Arthur,Arthur Pendragon,and it is the Great Lion of England on the shield, and not a Dragon. As a cheap toy he stands with Excalibor in hand ready for the oncoming battles.

He`ll win no place in competition,but I am well pleased with the way he looks now instead of that awful black toy figure.
One day soon you might be able to see the original Arthur Pendragon and his Knights of the Round Table,made by Timpo in the 1960`s,on this topic. It is possible so at this present time I am looking into it. OK!
For now he will stands alone, and ready to take on all combatants to see if they are worthy Knights to sit in his Unique Circle .BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 14 Nov 2014, 15:12

Very nice of Mrs B. to save him so he got painted. He looks MUCH better with paint on. Actually quite good!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Nov 2014, 15:18

Thank`s Gunnar. I believe I can reach deep enough in my pockets,and buy the real Mackays!
Now I`m off to post some Romans. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Nov 2014, 18:14

Wow! Bandits perhaps robbing a bank in the U S A, in order to finance the Revolution to kick the French out of Mexico for good.
These are 60mm Mexican Bandits from 1960 produced by Crescent. I buy them when I can to add always to the collection. There were six to a Set,and yes I do have a few.

Those below have been cleaned and look brand new,but it is getting harder to find them in this complete condition.

More Crescent figures to com. See Ya! BB
Looking at them as an adult I think the hats would have looked better if they had been tilted upwards and slooping slightly to the back,but they are what they are Toys! I hope you like them.
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Nov 2014, 18:43

Timpo knights Campaign Tents.There were two to each set. The 54mm Crusader figure is by REAMSA.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Nov 2014, 20:50

The Scots Band shown early on in this Topic, are Cherilea originals late 1950`, early 1960`s. So I am very pleased indeed.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Nov 2014, 17:15

As can be seen above the Red Indians cleaned up really well,after their bleach bath. A little bit play worn,but a very fine set from the ,IDEAL , Fort Cheyenne.

Above and below dismounted American cavalry from Crescent,1958- 1962,these are the year dates that I used to by them. 5 a week on Saturdays they cost Sixpence each ( The Old Copper Penny Coin! )back in the day for the 1/32 scale figures. However these are the 60mm range of the same pose.

These too came in Farm Fresh and looking rather Grotty,but after having the same Soak as the Red Indians,they`ve cleaned up Fine & Dandy,and just right for a Beano Boy! Eventually these will go into the Collection with others of their kind that I have collected over the years. The next stage is torepaint them. The Crescent Mexican Bandits I`ll show you when they are all cleaned up.
So long for now BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Dec 2014, 17:37

Very good news,I managed to buy some Charben,Highlander Bandsmen from the late 1950`s early 1960`s and I was rather chuffed that they cost me very little indeed £9.50. However the Bad News is they all had Plastic Fatigue! Yes,Had indeed they all just fell to pieces the plastic so brittle I could not even wash them in water ,the force of the water from the tap was enough to make them into a massed band of leg`s & arms. Never being one to give up,this will not deter me from collecting vintage plastic figures. One pays the money and take a change where buying on line is concerned. Appart from AIRFIX model figures falling likewise to crumbling pieces these Charben figures were the worst that I have seen in my entire life of Collecting. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Dec 2014, 16:47

The Mailman just arrived with these.

These do have the Wow! Factor,where I am concerned. They are Very,Very Ultra, Rare Solid Pre 1960`s CHERILEA Metal Highlander Guards, early 1950`s .
It will be a pure delight restoring these. They will make the loss of my recent Highlanders much more easy to bare! Right I`m off to clean them up. See Ya! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by DerkleinePUC on 06 Dec 2014, 12:39

Hello,
what is the bleech doing to the plastic. Is its consistence changing?
Greetings
Patrick
DerkleinePUC  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Dec 2014, 18:04

Hi Patrick,thanks for your question. Always good to receive feedback. As to the answer, No the bleach does not change the plastic,however age and light does sometimes. The Toy Figures where not put into bleach at all,they just fell to pieces, and with very little effort applied to them. The flow from the Tap,not a highly pressurised flow,but a normal no splash one simple caused these useless things into one large mass of pieces. So the damage was caused well before I received them. Common Sense coupled with sound reason should have been applied , instead of selling them.
The Bleach attacks the old paint upon these old type 1950`s , 60`s ,70`s Toy or Model figures, and without any risk at all for it effecting the plastic. However, Never Soak the Hat Industries model figures,because there is added Talk! that make them rubber like and is very cheap to produce,but in short time they will fall to pieces too. This I know to my cost.
Have Fun Paul
Beano Boy  England

Posted by John on 15 Dec 2014, 23:29

Hello Beano Boy
I bought some of Steve Westons figures a while ago. While the Mexicans are very nice figures, don't you find them a bit on the big size. I've been working on some buildings and painting up my plastic cowboys with a view to a skirmish type game but found they just wouldn't fit alongside the 54mm types.
I do see they fit with your 60mm indians though.
Like your collection, brings back memories.
John
John  England
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Dec 2014, 01:01

Nice comment John, thank you ,and I`m glad you like the old stuff too in my Collection. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Dec 2014, 22:47

Well I have been most busy washing the last of the figures that have been soaking for two weeks.
I will show you them later when there is good light for a photo shoot.

MMMMMMMM! Now below seems a Puzzlement,but take a look at some more of my Toys.
I bought them the other day,so I`m waiting on the Mailman again. They should all paint up Fine!

An Original Box from Back in the Day

Something different.
CHARBENS 1950`s Toy Figures ,Re-released under Licence .
Below what will work out as 4 sets of 60mm Saxons.....So 3 to a Set.

There was another picture showing 4 of these but it was way to Fuzzy to show here.

Above two tiny 20mm Muttley`s!

Below the 54mm Milkmaids and the Farmer & his Wife.

A few 15 mm Porkers too._____________ So DAIRY ME, he`s a PIG FARMER TOO! BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Dec 2014, 19:04

I managed to pick up these three the other week.

The Money of my Younger Days

They cost SixPence each } a Silver Coin

Or cost 2 Threepenny Bits each. } Copper Coin.

Or cost 6 old Pennies each. ) Copper Coin.

Or 12 Half Penny`s each } Copper Coin.

Or 24 Farthings each. } Copper Coin.

It was for a small boy lot`s of Money, so Never Mind.Always I had the Dream, ONE DAY ! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Dec 2014, 23:51

The Charbens empty Circus Box from 1950`s - 1960`s sold on eBay today for £22.10 plus £3.45 postage.

No EYE! didn`t buy it, i don`t need a Box to make it possible for me to Clown Around! Ops! See there,i stubbed my big toe on the little i,as if it were a large rock chipping eyed ` tripped over. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Dec 2014, 09:43

I bought a load of these Vintage 1/32 scale Waterloo British Infantry, and thought yes I`ll place them here. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 24 Dec 2014, 16:14

I love these Airfix figures! I hope one day they reissue them just like they did with the WW2 figures! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous pageNext page

Return to Gallery