General

Winner and Loser?

Posted by Konrad on 22 Nov 2008, 11:19

We saw great work at this first painting competition.
And we saw work from great painters.
However, we have also seen work from friends who are not so skillfull maybe yet as others.
But they show her work for so many eyes.
MY RESPECT TO YOU ALL!!
They are the real winners of this competition.
I hope, I have offended nobody with my words.
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Valion on 22 Nov 2008, 11:50

That's the true spirit of figure painting ! :thumbup:

It's what you make out the given skills, and how much fun yu gain by doing so.

Always remember rule number one:
Have fun !
:evil:
Valion  Germany

Posted by Roland_Kupski on 22 Nov 2008, 12:12

Every work has it´s own charme, perfection is sometimes dead and cold, toy-style painting can be very joyfull and can show more truth than high-definition artwork. Not only the painters should look to increase their skills, but also the "jury" should train their ability to see the individual skills and gifts. We will see what happens in the next competition.
Roland_Kupski  Germany

Posted by johnnybonny on 22 Nov 2008, 14:43

word
johnnybonny  Germany

Posted by efb on 22 Nov 2008, 14:46

I'm with Roland. I like to see varried styles.
efb  

Posted by Peter on 22 Nov 2008, 22:17

I agree with all the others. No losers in this competition.

Greetings Peter
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by dutchboyinohio on 22 Nov 2008, 23:31

I can only second what everybody else has said. While I did not enter the competition, nor have I posted any of my work yet on the forum, I do spend a lot of time looking at what everybody does. There are some very, very talented painters out there, and everybody has his or her own style. The more we look at other people's work and the more constructive feedback we provide to each other, the better everybody will become.

As far as the competitions go, I think that this was an excellent idea and it has really brought out some great pieces. Whether they are large or small dioramas doesn't really matter. Sometimes a single figure can be just as effective as a large diorama with hundreds of figures. It all depends on how the work is executed.

I will continue to follow all of your work. It's amazing to see what can be done with figures as small as the ones we work with here. Sometimes that's hard to realize until you're actually holding one in your hand.

To all: please keep up the good work. I hope to be posting some of my own soon.
dutchboyinohio  United States of America

Posted by Susofrick on 24 Nov 2008, 08:17

Being the one with two votes I can say that I am very happy for those two, and I had and have great fun painting and planning and hopefully my skills will be better the more I paint. Thanks to everybody for the great contributions. Voting was a lot of fun too. This started at the top and it can only be better! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to everybody for their astonishing work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCrZfTk ... re=related

This is crap but true (at least the refrain which is in English):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_LB5Th2pqk
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 24 Nov 2008, 09:13

I absolutely agree with the others. This challenge was a lot of fun to take part and to watch.

I learned that other periods as my usually prefered can be a lot of fun in researching, painting and bulding figures and dioramas.

Best regards

Thomas
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Adam on 24 Nov 2008, 10:12

Thanks for starting this thread Konrad, Its something we all think I'm sure, but is all the better for ebing heard out loud.

The greatest courage and inpiration of all is painting something to enter in the challenge, and from that we can all draw something. Even lazy twonks like me and efb who never finished ours. :lol:

Apart from that, the styles and imagination that goes into each piece is impressive. I definately agree- Winners all :thumbup:
Adam  United Kingdom

Return to General