General

Did you notice?

Posted by Michael Robert on 07 Mar 2022, 21:56

As this has never come up I would like to mention it here.
Strelets, Redbox, Mars, Orion, Dark Alliance, Linear A all of them are from Ukraine or produce there,
and Zvesda from Russia.
Our small hobby, hidden in our hobby caves is not left untouched.
Sorry, no politics, but can't get it out of my head when I see my toy-soldiers

Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Bessiere on 07 Mar 2022, 22:56

I have been snapping up figures on sight for the last 3 years fearing they are never to be seen again. Looks like i already missed out on the Strelets Russian Jaegers. No shops in the US have them. I suggest everyone get what you think you will want to paint for the next few years as I don't expect these supply chain issues to improve for a long time to come. There are more critical items that should have priority like food, fuel and medications but it would be a sad ending for our hobby should products from Ukraine and Russia become unavailable.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Howlin on 15 Mar 2022, 06:07

Is Linear A based in Ukraine or do they just have minis produced there?
Howlin  United States of America

Posted by steve_pickstock on 15 Mar 2022, 10:36

I believe that they are German, but I think they may have stuff at least sculpted in the Ukraine - and possibly produced there.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Minuteman on 15 Mar 2022, 12:06

Bessiere wrote:I have been snapping up figures on sight for the last 3 years fearing they are never to be seen again. Looks like i already missed out on the Strelets Russian Jaegers. No shops in the US have them. I suggest everyone get what you think you will want to paint for the next few years as I don't expect these supply chain issues to improve for a long time to come. There are more critical items that should have priority like food, fuel and medications but it would be a sad ending for our hobby should products from Ukraine and Russia become unavailable.

I think it is a good plan to 'buy ahead', anticipating that there will inevitably be interruptions to supply chains for figures from the Ukraine and Russia. This is unfortunate, but I am not entirely pessimistic about these supply chains resuming in the future.

Hannants in the UK appear still to have a plentiful stock of the recent Strelets Russian Jaegers set:
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/STR2 ... oken=IgR0z
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Bessiere on 15 Mar 2022, 15:08

Hannant's is very good but I only need 2 -3 boxes. I would have to fill a larger order to have it shipped to the US and honestly I already have more than I can paint in the next 10 years. But maybe a few more Zvezda french artillery sets wouldn't hurt, I do love those cannon.
As for the Ukraine I am bitterly disappointed no one seems to be trying to broker peace. Politics doesn't belong on this forum and I hope that statement isn't considered as such.
Bessiere  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Xantippos on 23 Aug 2022, 14:27

Already in my last purchase I made sure I bought whichever Russian / Ukrainian sets I wanted!

Bad thing is that many very interesting early sets by Strelets, have been out of stock for the past few years, I managed to snatch the last box of all-diferent posed wonderful Boers this summer from Hannants.
Xantippos  

Return to General