General

Hobby Area

Posted by PaulRPetri on 24 Jul 2021, 20:03

I am always interested in how other people set up their painting area and I love seeing gamerooms. So I thought I would post my stuff first and see if any others want to post pictures of their set ups.

My first two images are of my gaming area. I consider myself lucky to live in a part of the world were we have basements. I have secured two areas of the "dungeon" for my hobby activities.
I am able to have a six foot wide by twelve and one half feet long gaming table. Which suits us quite well. I use 5 tables which are each six foot long by 21/2 feet wide, hence the half foot extra when they are placed together. These two shoots only have three of the tables set up.

The next shoot is still in the basement but the unfinished part. Here is where I conduct building terrain and the like.

And finally on the first floor I have a den off of my family room that I do my painting in.

Very interested in seeing what the rest of you have.
Thanks for looking.
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by Harry Faversham on 25 Jul 2021, 00:20

Here's my New Emporium at the Seaside,

Sentries on duty...

Here's a bit of WW2 action...

viewtopic.php?f=173&t=24403&p=267413&hilit=bob+and+dave#p267413

The New Emporium at the Seaside has been in the small back bedroom since we moved here two and a half years ago. Herself has decreed it must go... to the bigger front bedroom!
My slow, but remorseless campaign to fill up every spare nook, cranny, loft and shelf in our hovel has finally borne the ripe fruit I'd planned all along. Herself finally cracked and went on one bigstyle, when a full size Viking helmet appeared on our living room coffee table. Coming back down from orbit she's insisting all my priceless artifacts (her actual, rather venomously hissed phrase, was 'Junk' :( ) must all reside in one room, and one room alone.
Two year campaign brought to a most satisfactory conclusion!

:-D
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by PaulRPetri on 25 Jul 2021, 00:46

WOW!!! Harry what a great play area you have!!

Posted by Ochoin on 25 Jul 2021, 05:47

Nice idea, Paul.

The "magic" is centred on the room I call my Library.

Research, buying & most of the fine painting takes place here.

Building terrain & messy stuff (eg flocking) goes to my shed:

cheers donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Harry Faversham on 25 Jul 2021, 07:50

PaulRPetri wrote:WOW!!! Harry what a great play area you have!!

Thank you Paul... cue maniacal, Evil Overlord's, triumphant type laughter...

"And soon it's going to get a whole lot bigger!!!"

:lol:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by Peter on 25 Jul 2021, 13:24

That looks nice guys! Keep them coming! :thumbup:

PS: In 2007 we started some kind of topic like this one. But as you can see in the link lots of pictures are gone. So no problem with this new one. ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=94&hilit=hobby+room
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by PaulRPetri on 25 Jul 2021, 15:39

Nice set up Donald. Your painting area is so organized!

Sorry Peter 2007 predates me on this board by about eight years. I will have a look at the link.

Posted by Peter on 25 Jul 2021, 16:08

PaulRPetri wrote:Sorry Peter 2007 predates me on this board by about eight years. I will have a look at the link.

No problem Paul. Also my pictures of my mancave aren't up to date. I can hardly move in that room now. But there is a solution. This winter I will be working on a bigger room and better organized for the large number of boxes and figures I collected in the last year. To be continued! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to General