General

Soldiers from Anhalt in the Peninsular War Part 2 Spain

Posted by Koppi on 21 Mar 2021, 11:55

2nd part of my report about Anhalt troops..

https://thrifles.blogspot.com/2021/03/s ... 10_21.html

Koppi  

Posted by Peter on 21 Mar 2021, 14:51

OK, this time I throw it in the group. What is the value of this kind of topics? You get some pictures, no explanation, and a link to a blog. Does he get payd by every visitor to his blog? And last time the information on his blog was completely in German.

I would like to hear the opinion of the other members on this forum. Thank you!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 21 Mar 2021, 16:30

The English is at the bottom. I enjoy reading koppi's figure set reviews, wargame reports, and, most especially, his war museum reports.

I think it would be a lot more fun if he interacted with us more, commented on others works and posts, and the like.

He will get more out of this forum if he hangs around for a while instead of doing these drive-by posts.

Come on in for a spot of tea good sir?
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Michael Robert on 21 Mar 2021, 21:13

Hi Peter,
this forum is a real small treat (bijoux in French), not least because of excellent moderators such as you and Kekso. We are a lot of people with a wide scope of interests all united in our passion for small scale figurines, mostly soldiers.
In this case I think you are too harsh. I like Coppi's contributions, mostly related to our main subject or to history and visit reports. OK, they are linked to his blog, but he is not the only one and it works well. I presume there is no commercial interest in this. We all share the same passion.
There is always an English translation on the bottom - surely not as funny as the original German text. Parts of Coppi's humour is only accessible to German speakers.
We know that other people have different humour and not English speaking visitors have sometimes difficulty with English contributions or simply don't get it. The same can be said with certain linguistic misunderstanding we encounter sometimes.
Is it a problem? I think not as long as there is mutual respect. I think the friendly exchange we have here on this forum is an example of what can be done.
Pity we cannot meet at FIGS - again.
I raise a beed to Benno's :beer: :beer: !!!
Michael

P.S. Bluefalchion is right. Have some comments from Coppi now and then would be great.
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by MABO on 21 Mar 2021, 22:07

I think a forum is for communication and not only in one direction. So I understand what Peter means. If someone only drops his links here it is strange also for me. But maybe we are to harsh.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 21 Mar 2021, 22:47

MABO wrote:I think a forum is for communication and not only in one direction. So I understand what Peter means. If someone only drops his links here it is strange also for me. But maybe we are to harsh.

Thanks Jan! That is exactly what bothers me! The one direction communication. This can not be the purpose of a forum. If everyone should do it this way, wel as a moderator my work would be easy, because all the action would be on the blogs and not here. And did you get a reaction on your kind words you wrote here in his topics???? Here's an example:

viewtopic.php?f=173&t=24427 = Nice comment from Chris but a thank you or reply? No! And this is only one of his topics. And please do me a favor counts the comments he gets on his blog articles. You will not get tired.

A simple thank you as a comment from Koppi, and I wouldn't be writing these words. And let me be honest his posts are interesting and I gave comments here and on his blog but when you never get a responce I stop doing that. In my eyes the only thing you want is attention. That's all.

Am I to harsh? I don't think so. It is just my opinion, and it is a forum so we can discuss about this. And always in a friendly and polite way of course.

And yes he isn't the only one. Here is another example wich shows no respect for the nice comments that been given:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24595

@Aaron: I know that the English language is at the bottom, but I'm sure that in part one is was first missing because i had a look at it. Maybe he was making that translation and added it later. It are big articles on his blog and I understand it takes some time to translate them. I don't ask he posts that all here but a small introduction, a few pictures and then the link to the blog (for some more blabla, like I always say) and I can live with it. And a thank you. ;-)

@Michael: yes it is a pity we can't meet, but I think the most important thing now is to stay healthy! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 10 Apr 2021, 19:07

Sorry for late reply... I'm rather busy IRL. I agree with Peter. Koppi doesn't care about this forum. He only posts here to promote his blog. As Peter said, he also doesn't have courtesy to thank forum members who comment his posts nor he comments other people work. I just check his posts to see if he does some forum rules violation. I also ignore his blog. I don't see the point to raise visitor count on his blog. But if you like to do so, feel free. I won't judge you.

Since he follows forum rules (more or less) please consider this comment from me as forum member, not as moderator.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to General