General

All military operations have been suspended!!!

Posted by Harry Faversham on 19 Nov 2020, 13:13

Good job I've got all the tackle for the Crimbo wargame sorted as my lad's slipped Daddio a right crippler! He's bought a kind of repro ancient looking journal/diary thingy, and as a Crimbo prezzie for my Grandson, Daddio will fill it full of Viking Sagas and copious illustrations. Deflection tactics by educating him that Vikings didn't write their crap down, the saga thingys were aural, got me nowhere fast.
Where, in Odin's name, will I glean inspiration for this one... thinking more Noggin the Nog than Ragnar and Lagertha!!!???

:(
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 19 Nov 2020, 19:54

To be honest, reading your posts brings a non native speaker like me to his limits ….perhaps you should remember that this is an international forum and choose more simple expressions…..or is it just me who does not understand what "noggin the nog" etc means?!?

Sorry, don´t wanted to be impolite but I thought this many times, when I read your posts.
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Harry Faversham on 20 Nov 2020, 00:22

Sorry mate. Does this help...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noggin_the_Nog

:yeah:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 24 Nov 2020, 22:20

...ah OK, it´s an old British TV series for kids….

In my childhood there were some British series on German TV I liked a lot….5 Friends....Dr. Snuggles….and Catweazle….later then Monty Pythons Flying Circus....with subtitles...
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Return to General