General

Model shops in Helsinki and Tallin

Posted by Rich W on 14 Oct 2018, 18:12

I'm going to be in Helsinki, Finland and Tallin, Estonia next week and wondered whether there were any locals or previous visitors who could recommend any model shops for me to visit? I've looked on Google but would be nice for any personal recommendations!
Thanks!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 19 Oct 2018, 17:11

I'm sorry no one replied. I guess this forum is lacking of members from those countries :/
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Rich W on 24 Oct 2018, 17:16

That's ok Kekso, I was only asking on the off-chance! As it happens, I did manage to visit two in Helsinki. 'Hobby Point' had a huge range of scenics, kits, trains etc, and a small selection of plastic figures (mainly Airfix/Heller/Italeri). 'Tieto-Nikkari Oy' is a small old fashioned model shop, but crammed full of kits and accessories. They had a modest selection of plastic figures, mainly Italeri, but with a couple of Airfix, Zvezda and Revell kits amongst them. Finland is an expensive country, but 'Tieto-Nikkari Oy' was very reasonable-I bought Italeri Nap British Inf for 7.90 Euros. Hobby Point was expensive on the other hand-I bought Italeri Nap Rifles for 11.90 Euros.
Rich W  United Kingdom

Return to General