General

Me BF 110 C1 / Maly Modelarz / 1:33

Posted by tomikd on 29 Dec 2016, 21:21

Me BF 110 C1 in 1:33 scale, is my last model, but not typical model. It is made from paper, produced by Polish company Maly Modelarz from 2006. Building paper models was my first step into world of miniatures before 30 years ago. I was little boy and I was fascinated about small miniatures and paper models was nearest to me. And it still is :-D Once a year I build one or two paper model and today I finished this one. The range is about 50 cm :-D :-D :-D See picture

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tomikd  Slovakia

Posted by Peter on 29 Dec 2016, 21:26

Wow this looks wonderfull, knowing now that this is made from paper! Great work Tomik! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by tomikd on 29 Dec 2016, 23:01

This was my 70th finished paper model :-D But there are much better paper builder than me. Progress can see here http://papermodelers.sk/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5215
tomikd  Slovakia

Posted by MABO on 30 Dec 2016, 08:19

Can you tell us how you made the glassen flight compartment?
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by MABO on 30 Dec 2016, 08:21

MABO  Europe

Posted by stenfalk on 30 Dec 2016, 11:03

I am quite often astonished at the excellent results achieved with paper. This is also true for your model. A very clean work. I am deeply impressed. :love:
stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Konrad on 30 Dec 2016, 18:52

A papermodel.
Incredibly.
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Wiking on 30 Dec 2016, 19:19

1:33 is far too big for my vitrine.
It is great what you can do with a sheet of paper. From 2D up to 3D. All this rolls (MG) cylinder (two red nose) and so on. And the rear paddles are down. Right in the parking position. But should not the side rudder also in an angle be too?
Nice work.
:yeah:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by tomikd on 30 Dec 2016, 19:28

MABO wrote:Can you tell us how you made the glassen flight compartment?

MABO I am not sure if I understand, but I think, that "glassen flight compartment" - you mean glass or canopy, or cocpit glass?

If yes, than this canopy was purchased from model shop, but I know easy way how to make it at home.

By the way, the best way how to glue canopy to body is doubleside tape. Never use cyanoakrylat glue!!!

If You have any question about it, just write, I will answer You :yeah: :-D
tomikd  Slovakia

Posted by tomikd on 30 Dec 2016, 19:40

Wiking wrote:1:33 is far too big for my vitrine.
It is great what you can do with a sheet of paper. From 2D up to 3D. All this rolls (MG) cylinder (two red nose) and so on. And the rear paddles are down. Right in the parking position. But should not the side rudder also in an angle be too?
Nice work.
:yeah:

Thank you Wiking, but I am only assembler :-D but all honour belongs to the author of the model. The polish producents are the best in the world at this time. They produced a plenty of paper models.
Some of the producents:

http://www.wak.pl

http://gpm.pl

http://www.halinski.com.pl/indexgb.php?link=0

http://sklep.orlik-models.pl/index.php? ... 2sft0e3un4

And few others...
tomikd  Slovakia

Posted by MABO on 31 Dec 2016, 00:02

tomikd wrote:
MABO I am not sure if I understand, but I think, that "glassen flight compartment" - you mean glass or canopy, or cocpit glass?

If yes, than this canopy was purchased from model shop, but I know easy way how to make it at home.

By the way, the best way how to glue canopy to body is doubleside tape. Never use cyanoakrylat glue!!!

You understand my question. Thanks for the answer. What is your way to make it easy at home.
And I use a special Revell Glue to fix the canopies or other cristal parts. That works fine as well.
MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 31 Dec 2016, 00:02

tomikd wrote:

You understand my question. Thanks for the answer. What is your way to make it easy at home?
And I use a special Revell Glue to fix the canopies or other cristal parts. That works fine as well.
MABO  Europe

Posted by tomikd on 31 Dec 2016, 14:04

HOW TO...

http://www.plasticmodels.eu/en/tipsandt ... ?article=7

Instead wooden block I made model of canopy from paper or air dry clay

This model of canopy I made from few layers of paper - see picture of paper model Mitsubishi A5M5 in scale 1:50

ImageImage

But 90% of airplane paper models in 1:33 scale has plastic canopy in some modell shop. But not every... :-D
tomikd  Slovakia

Return to General