General

What happened to Histofig?

Posted by Zed1 on 19 Jul 2015, 10:50

Does anybody know what happened to empire.histofig.com? The site is down for quite a while now, which is especially sad because it was a great resource for free Napoleonic uniform plates.

I tried to recover as many of these plates from the web, most of them from Rafael Pardos blog, but as many blogs only link to the source, the result wasn't that great. And for various reasons, I don't want to sign up to Pinterest.

Maybe someone from the forum has made himself an archive of Histofig plates?
Any ideas?
Zed1  Germany

Posted by mickey mouse on 19 Jul 2015, 11:06

Hi Sascha, why not give it a try with Martin? Contact him by pm.
He's into nappies aswell.
mickey mouse  Netherlands
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by armpcm on 20 Jul 2015, 07:44

Good morning,

I would use the waybackmachine 8) the last saved content was April of this year, try the link maybe you can get want you want. :-)

http://web.archive.org/web/201504030112 ... stofig.com
armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Paul on 20 Jul 2015, 12:52

Zed1 wrote:Does anybody know what happened to empire.histofig.com? The site is down for quite a while now, which is especially sad because it was a great resource for free Napoleonic uniform plates.

I tried to recover as many of these plates from the web, most of them from Rafael Pardos blog, but as many blogs only link to the source, the result wasn't that great. And for various reasons, I don't want to sign up to Pinterest.

?

Noticed it was down a while back..shame :(
Pinterest..yuk. It´s becoming the bane for researching any subject. half the stuff on it is considered stolen and breaking Copyright .. The Money grabbing 3 S´s who created it Need thier testicles kicking along with that other S who runs FB.

Anyway..rant over. A lot of the plates are findable (as you say, Rafael Pardo´s blog) but there´s no free resource with the lot. Someone should do it.
Paul  China

Return to General