General

How do I make a copy of a model?

Posted by MiniatureMadness on 22 Dec 2014, 18:58

Hi all, I'm just wanting to know how you would first; make a mould and second; make a model from the mould of an existing model. This is only for me and I will not sell any of these but I would really like to make some copys of some models I have. Anything at all about it like what i need and cost would be appreciated, thanks MM
:-D :-D :-D :-)
MiniatureMadness  United Kingdom

Posted by NathanIW on 05 Feb 2015, 10:32

Youtube is your friend in this department. As for products, I would highly recommend Smooth-On's OOMOO 30 for the mould rubber. Do youtube searches for mould/mold making and resin casting and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I find that on discussion forums it's always best to talk about making moulds of sculpts you have done yourself. Sometimes you'll make a nice terrain base or a shield or something and want to duplicate those. People are far more likely to help with that than with duplicating entire figures that someone else made.
NathanIW  Canada

Posted by sansovino on 05 Feb 2015, 22:22

I recommend you for horses, soldiers and any smaller items Instant Mould - an reversible mould-material, which you can use later also for other figure-copies. And for smaller series Green Stuff as material to produce the copy, which is also very useful for alternations, for changed arms or legs etc.
sansovino  Germany

Return to General