General

my quest for Bubble Gum figures

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Oct 2014, 22:08

The Blue figure of Ceasar is from the Dargaud, Asterix & Cleopatre series of figures 1969. Dargaud is on the back of all the figures. When they arrive I`ll post better pictures than those I took from on line.
I did not lose out big time, only a few quid,but with me it is always the principle to hound these guys out of business. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 25 Oct 2014, 22:18

As you can see I spray painted some of the plastic Asterix & Obelix collection today. Just a few because,I wanted to see if there was any reaction to the spray-paint before doing more plastic ones. Everything went well,and it was a nice glean neat job. It will seem rather strange seeing all these little fellows painted in grey. I decided to keep the brand name Dargaud ,which is in raised letters on the back of the figures.

I`ll short these out soon, and I think I need a bigger box, because there is bound to be the odd plastic Roman soldiers wondering in from time to time.

The Before above

The After above

I also sprayed the metal range too,but only the Gauls & Romans and the Rugger Footballer players.
I have left the Pirates & Egyptians until a later date.

Some good news,and I had such grin on my face as I told Mrs B, the last four Gauls needed to complete that set have been bought on line today. Silly money paid,but I just had to complete the set of Gauls.

No decent pictures that I can show you at this time because the pictures are awful on E Bay of these figures. I had the number reference written down as to which figure I needed, and there was a list on the shop so it was dead easy to find them.
They are,
C170 1d Old woman,
C1701a Getafix,
C1701h Femal harpest,
and finally C1701I Female with hands on hips.

It has been quite a trip since August of this year,to search and find out World Wide where they all were,both plastic and metal, but I have so enjoyed the journey tapping away on my keyboard,and I have been in contact ,and have traded with some fine honest upstanding people on E Bay,ranging from Great Britain, to France,America, Canada, and Malaysia in the Far East.

Lucky Luke characters to follow soon. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Oct 2014, 14:49

The Lukey Luke collection is once more complete.The package arrived from France with the new Indian Chief,he along with others are taking a hot bubble bath ! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 31 Oct 2014, 19:35

Those figures above are last to arrive to complete the 28m Asterix set,and they are tiny ,so I found it a challenge to get a decent photo of them. The light levels are really low at this time of the year too.

Also the plastic figures from the Asterix Egyptian set of 1969 arrived too,and these fall into the 28mm range of figures. I placed them with some figures I already have and even though smaller than these they will blend in with the 1970`s set of figures.

The new Indian Chief arrived from France along with a couple of friends. So the Lucky Luke set of 1973 is more than complete again.I hope he will last longer than the last unlucky one from Canada, that Bella Nashed Up on day one. He seemed quite happy surveying the table top,but nearly got caught in a stampede as the US Cavalry charged by ,bugles sounding and sabres flashing to their fronts.
"Show off`s," he muttered as the last of them raced by and disappeared out of sight ,behind the Medieval stone tower .
Have fun guys ,and for those who collect toy figures may you find that rare Gem! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Dec 2014, 12:51

1969 Dargaurd : Asterix & Cleopatre

As referred to in the last posting of Part one just for Fun, Remco will be Very Happy that I have more figures from the 1969 Asterix & Cleopatre Bubble Gum range,because like hens teeth it is very hard to find pieces here,there and everywhere,but I`ve managed to find a few. Many of the figures I had never seen before. So in time I will need help putting names to them,because I know you guys are well read up in these matters.

Pictures below are not my shots. OK?

I also obtained another 46 below.

Average price for one figure on E Bay is £3.17 plus postage. This is why I bought the entire Collection From Paris ,France at £1.55 per figure plus one postage rate that has saved me a small fortune,and the Postal Service is a lot poor`er due to this action. Still a lot of money but I will have a few doubles to paint up too.

So I now have the entire three Collection`s of Asterix figures,along with some of the names,and for me the long Quest to find them is at an end. Hang on! There will be the painted ones to post so everyone that finds interest will be able to view these 3 Collections of Asterix & Obelix,and hopefully there will be lots of good humoured fun along the way.

So much more Bubble Gum, Peter. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 14 Dec 2014, 12:01

Yep, more bubble gum indeed! :-D

Great figures BTW! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 15 Dec 2014, 08:56

Don't you get tired in the cheeks/jaws/whatever eating so much bubble gum? And your dentist is very happy.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Dec 2014, 01:31

Gunnar, I aint got any teeth so I just suck the Gum Balls between Mashed Up Fine Meals.

These arrived from Paris France today in quick short time,and I`m waiting upon the arrival of another 46 figures to complete the 30mm Set of Asterix & Cleopatra Figure collection. GREAT! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Dec 2014, 17:53

The rest arrived today.

So here they all are on my table. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Dec 2014, 14:47

All Nodding in Agreement, they are saying,"Well done,Beano Boy" but Why?

First another question,
Is collecting Vintage Toy Figures worth it?
Well I`m Glad I bought the complete set of plastic figures when I did,because the Santa Season has just pushed the price up. Each figure now will cost EUR 5 plus postage. So my recent bought Collection has just doubled in value in 8 days. The Metal Figure Range of Asterix & Obelix Figures now cost from £5.55 to £6.99 each. So the Metal Collection ,and the two Plastic Collections and the Lucky Luke Collection,combined are now worth a Staggering £979.89p,but Not For Sale. It would have been worth much more, but I passed some seconds onto several friends. The most important thing is not the money or the value,it is just having them Stay Put in my Private Collection. Another Bonus is being able to show them on Benno`s Figure Forum before and after painting.

I believe the questions have been answered, and that the 4.278 views on this Topic alone makes my Heart Sing too,and proves that there is Real Interest out there too for Toy Figures. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Jun 2015, 17:57

Complete Set of Lucky Luke Figures.

These are Rare as Hen`s Teeth,but I manage to track them down in a far away distant land,for a friend. Mrs B,said ,"Buy them before you miss the opportunity to get them."
I replied," What if !!!! has changed his mind?"
" Then you`ll have two sets." She cheerfully remarked.
I guess my typing finger is in its element when a Quest is on. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 29 Dec 2015, 01:55

"Hi there as i tip my hat. BB`s, been on the Asterix trail again. And he also picked me up too,along with another Indian for the Lucky Luke collection."

" Hi guys,i`m a bit grubby. But i`ll clean up a nice yellow."

" Me too.i`ll clean up nice too. And BB,s going to give me a bit part in his next Epic Story."

"I`m on a secret mission to find Obelix,and i might be included too."

Well these will clean up nice,and i`ll take delight in painting them. Oh, Yes, it gets even better. I can here music.

"I would like a part to play in it too BB."

" Yes,Yes! Perhapes I could dance in it too?"

" Well i`m very important. So i should be taking the staring role in BB`s next photo shoot story."

Well i hear what you are all saying guys, but like they said at the ALAMO,"We need a lot more men."

"Well BB,I`m here. And i should arrive soon."

" And me too.We`ll make up a few numbers."

"We can help out if you like BB?"

" Yes we certainly can. Just give us time to arrive."

"Well things are looking better all the time."

"BB! What about me? i can certainly use this spear. I`d love a part too. "

It will be a while before the all march in by way of musical cartoon from Gaul,but i`m pleased to have all these little guys.

"Wait a second BB,i`m here. Don`t Ya Know?"

" I have left the production matters to Fred & MayBell,so go ask them."

Mrs B,bought these with her E Bay,Nector Points. So the Penny we get for every Pound we spend certainly adds up to more free Asterix Figures. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 29 Dec 2015, 03:40

These are rarer then Hens Teeth!

I just managed to buy a couple more of these. :thumbup:

:shock: Yes ,more Bubble Gum.

My Roman Legion is mustering a fair few men now. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Jan 2016, 22:17

More Vintage Asterix Figures

They don`t look much but they paint up really well,and fit in well with my story`s.

Image Total 1

The Dancing Girl,a rare figure indeed. I searched for nearly a year to find her,and now i have 3 to dance around Cleopatra, with the other 3 dancing girl poses. Plus other girls with flutes,and harps complete the scene.

Total 1

Total 1

To Bulk Up The Egyptian & Roman Legions

Total 6

Total 1

Total 3

Total 3

Well Mrs B,kindly bought me some a few days ago,and while i was hopping around i managed to inlist these seasoned veterans. Between us we have greatly increased the Romans & Egyptians with the spears. So batch wise they are well worth painting know. I`ve just got to remember how i painted the others. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Jan 2016, 18:13

Worth More Than Gold.

I remember paying out just over £200 for the Metal 1988 Asterix Collection of 142 figures which are now worth a staggering £ 2,414.00,which is 12 times my outlay.
The Complete Toy Collection is well Insured. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by MABO on 17 Jan 2016, 14:29

:-D That seems to be necessary
MABO  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Dad's Army on 26 Jan 2016, 22:06

BB, a bit to much investment for me to follow you, but respect on this collection!!!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Jan 2016, 00:13

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Respect is nice,but i must admit i actually prefure to paint the plastic ones.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 27 Jan 2016, 09:15

Painted my Egyptian dancer. Was fun! And since I think I found her outdoors somewhere when I was a kid she was pretty cheap. Since I came to know her I can say she IS pretty cheap. But don't let her hear that I said that!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Jan 2016, 14:27

That dancing girl you have Gunnar is very rare.I had thought i had the complete Asterix figures in the collection,but then i saw yours. She being very different from my others i realized that i must try and find her. Not wishing to send you begging mail Gunnar,it took ages before i was able to obtain three,very much like waiting for a bus and then have more than one come at once.I finally found her in Paris France and tipping the scale at £1.40 made her very affordable. :-D Have Fun BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to General