General

some "crazy" sells on ebay !

Posted by SamSagace on 16 Jan 2014, 15:33

I've found those ones :

Atlantic "Gatling Gun" 170€ : here

Atlantic "Black Hills" dio (999€ !!!! :drool: ) : here

but also:
Sphinx : here and many maybe rare items from the same seller: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Atlantic-1-72-Trojanisches-Pferd-874-/121253797931?pt=Figuren&hash=item1c3b4a202b and
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Atlantic-1-72-2-Schiffe-fur-Bastler-875-/111256530640?pt=Figuren&hash=item19e767eed0

and also the "ATLANTIC " Outlaws and Sheriffs" sold for 24+16€ (= 40€ :mrgreen: ) :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121244870662&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
I've just bought one complete (not in sprues) in a big lot of over 100 figs including also "Sioux Camp" figs and many other sets ... for less than .... 20€ ! :tongue:
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by SamSagace on 20 Jan 2014, 22:57

some more for AIRFIX and ATLANTIC collectors, include ABILENE and FORT RILEY
http://www.ebay.fr/sch/human.82/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2654
.... too expensive for me !! :?
SamSagace  France

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Jan 2014, 01:27

Looking down upon the eBay list that Pascal kindly refured us to, I noticed some expensive set`s.Be warned,the old AirFix model civilians set seen here on eBay are so old that the plastic goes a chalky white and breaks very easerly. I know this by past experience because I bought several boxes from the 1960`s for my 00 Scale Railway Layout. This was shipped from N Y C America,and they just crumbled into pieces as I tipped them out from the box. Most broke off leaving thier legs still attached to the spree.Even the light pressure of a brush stroke when trying to paint them was enough to break the whole ones that had survived intact.Needless to say really I wasted a very large amount of money in buying these figures,and paying a stinging postage rate too.So if you see these sets from the 1960`s aviod them like the plague!
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by SamSagace on 21 Jan 2014, 16:15

I understand what you mean, Paul ! but I think that those sets are for collectors, not for painters !
Some guys are ready to pay a lot of money for some items! I'm not interested with "old boxes" like that !
I collect a lot of figures, but I hope that I can paint them all in the next decades !! (If I'm not dead before !)
SamSagace  France

Posted by Kekso on 21 Jan 2014, 16:52

Someday I will sell my "masterpieces" for even greater prices :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by vellek on 21 Jan 2014, 18:40

Quite a few years back I won an Ebay auction for Airfix Confederate Infantry and Artillery, and part of what arrived was Atlantic's Gatling Guns and 7th Cavalry Camp. No boxes for either, but the seller told me later that she was "just trying to get rid of them". They're now packed away in a cigar box, waiting for the day I sell them and retire in style... ;)
vellek  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Jan 2014, 19:50

My logic is,if one was to create a work of art and then had to sell it.It would be heartbreaking to do such a wonder as that.Thats why I never produce such splendid things.However I never sell anything anyway and have no interest to do so either.I can remember how I obtained the hard to find Imex Stagecoach still sealed in plastic,and won and bought two on ebay .Was I glad I have a good Overdraft Limit. I`m not interested in collecting Old Things sealed up in boxes either,but I was rather annoyed to find when I opened my parcil to find out that the Seller In the States had cut an X right across the box art using a craft knife,thus making it impossible for the box to be worth anything at all.On principal I sent him an email stating that never would I ever trade with him again. l have just taken these photo`s and did it under the glare of the lightbulb so you can see the underhand tricks of some on eBay.Image This is a better view of the large cut mark placed with pure intent to make sure that after they sell it ,it is rendered useless for anyone wishing to own a nice box,or indeed selling it on.ImageHere are the contents of the box.............and all is as it should be.Imageand the other side.ImageI no longer trade with the States across that very large pond,mainly due to the crippling state tax,and high postal charges.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Jan 2014, 19:53

Sorry this is the other side.Image
Beano Boy  England

Return to General