General

Problems with priming

Posted by Emperor on 08 Jan 2014, 12:35

I had this problem with Airfix figures...First I wash them in water, then I use Vallejo primer...But the primer is dissolving... I washed second time twice and holded in water with detergent but nothing...Like Airfix figures are to greasy...Then I thought how to fix that, and I rememebered how somewhere I heard some speaking about PVA glue...So I thought PVA glue is called drvofix from word drvo or wood and fix or the wooden glue, It can be apllied by brush not to destroy brush, and so I did... So I use drvofix or white PVA glue for Airfix...And it turned out just fine...
Now if topic is not in right place, admin can move it...
Emperor  

Posted by Bramble15 on 08 Jan 2014, 22:33

I have had success using rubbing alcohol. Either brush on a heavy coat or dip and dunk. The Vallejo primer is great stuff, in my opinion....but if the figure is not clean it wants to pull into itself into little patches. My specific figure types are Zvezda and some HaT productions.
Bramble15  United States of America

Posted by KGV on 09 Jan 2014, 14:56

Don't know if this will work on soft plastics, but it works on resin.

Put the figures in talcum powder or fullers earth. This will soak up a lot of the releasing agent. Then give them a quick wash, and there you have a bunch of nice smelling plastic.....
KGV  United Kingdom

Return to General